blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

first time at the track

made 6 runs in total at the track and here are three of my best times. 13.61 @102.32 w/2.25 60'. 13.60 @101.50 w/2.16 60'. 13.54 @103.46 w/2.14 60'
    These runs were with dr's @25psi. The air was terribly humid and had a rain shower delay. My car/mods are: 98 ls1 t/a, p throttle body, slp lid, ps lt's, tsp 3" ory, magnaflo cb, frost tune, stock 3.23 gears, panhard and lca's. I think with the crappy air that night and poor 60' times i believe iam close to where i should be. What you guys think? Any suggestions or tips?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I don't know what your DA is up there - but with those 60' times, I'd say you're right. If you can get those down, you'll see your 1/4 mile times drop. For your first time at the track, you did very well though IMO. Are you an a4 or m6?

white
    1999 Trans Am

nice times what are your reaction times, are you a4 or m6?
    you have better #'s than me, but all i have is a lid and a cat back w/ larger c5 zo6 wheels on street tires on a hot humid night i was running 14.2's w/ .2-.4 reaction times while spinning 1st in my a4

blue
    1998 Trans Am ls1

its an A4, reaction times were, .57, .62, .61, .83, .90. From what the more expeienced guys were saying the air was at least .2 to .30 tenths slower that night

white
    1999 Trans Am

ya humid air can do that but you can shave your times down alot with better reaction times you have .3 -.4 sec you can shave off easy, you are close to having a 12 sec car.
    just need some time on the track but thats no problem b/c "track is the new crack"

Must have had some nasty DA numbers, because for the mods you have done the MPH seems a bit weak.

And for the record, your reaction times have nothing to do with your ET. You can sit at the green light all day, but the timer doesn't actually start until you roll and your tire trips the beam.

Your reaction time is just that, it just simply shows how long it takes for the driver and the car to react to the green light and move the car out of the staging beams,,,,then the timer starts.

Hence the reason for this little tip....... If you shallow stage it will increase your mph and lower your ET's, but it also slows your reaction times down, so you have to compensate.

If you deep stage, it decreases you mph, raises your ET, but improves your reaction times.

Bottom line is to find what staging technique works for you and your car, and stick with it every time you stage to get consistent ET's.

white
    1999 Trans Am

well i like to count my reaction times, b/c if you cant launch on time your dead in the water. and did not mean for it to sound like reaction was linked to et, just kinda came out like that sry i was tryen to say the air had a big factor especially the moisture, i am horible at typing

Thread Information