Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fastest Stock Track Times?

This is a discussion on Fastest Stock Track Times? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Thanks,,,there are some other little things in between some of that stuff I did to the ...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thanks,,,there are some other little things in between some of that stuff I did to the car but it didn't yield me anything at the strip so I left it out,,,things like underdrive pulley and some of the little free things.

There's alot more to it with an entire log but that covers the majority of it.

After leaning out the AFR and installing the converter I'm thinking the car should be somewhere in the high 12's now. Thats purely speculation on my part but it seems feasable. I'll have to score some 17 inch drag radials with wheels first though, since going to the track now on stock rubber is wasting my time,,,that converter has made first gear pretty much useless.
    Wish that stupid 4L60E didn't have such a steep first gear.
    12's should be easy with what you've got. Like you said though your going to need tires. A stall converter is pretty much useless on street rubber. Stickies are pretty much required.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Again they are asking for Stock times. Not if you put 4.10's in or weight reduction or ported this and that. Oh and a 4k stall.

I be on something but what you're sniffen is much better.
    you dont think a 4k stall 410s a ported 90/90 ls6 heads ms4 cam and major weight reduction that amounts to a 3250 race weight is pretty much stock....
    ok dude......

im kidding......................... lmfao....

i was making a joke, or trying to.. because people say i ran xx.xx@xx.xx when i was stock, just had a lid....... THAT IS NOT STOCK!!!! and for the people that say, well i bought it like this.... if you want it stock, buy a stock airlid off of here for like 20 bucks, put it on, and THEN go to the track and see what it runs........

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    when i was stock, just had a lid....... THAT IS NOT STOCK!!!! and for the people that say, well i bought it like this.... if you want it stock, buy a stock airlid off of here for like 20 bucks, put it on, and THEN go to the track and see what it runs........

your a wise man good sir.

im kidding......................... lmfao....

i was making a joke, or trying to.. because people say i ran xx.xx@xx.xx when i was stock, just had a lid....... THAT IS NOT STOCK!!!! and for the people that say, well i bought it like this.... if you want it stock, buy a stock airlid off of here for like 20 bucks, put it on, and THEN go to the track and see what it runs........

I'm with you Lemons,,,,stock is stock. If the car has been tinkered with in anyway then it's not stock anymore.
    Sometimes people stretch it a bit,,,some a little and some alot. But when do you reach a point where enough is enough??? Thats one of the reasons I dropped out of Pure stock racing the bird. Those guys kept going a little bit quicker every year,,,yet they kept saying,,,,it's bone stock as per rules required.
    Well if you keep up on that stuff,,,they have stretched the rule book quite a bit now to accomodate those guys. Now they are allowed engine mods for pure stock as per NHRA rule book like reducing the CC's on the heads to bump compression within the legal limits, tayloring cam specs just a little bit and such,,,,,but is it stock anymore??? You be the judge.

Because of this they also created an entirely new class called F.A.S.T. which is Factory "Appearing" Stock Tires. Now these guys have to keep the outward appearance stock as the car was built, exhaust manifolds and all with correct date coded cylinder heads and carbs per what ever stock HP claimed with the car,,,,but on the inside these cars have stroker cranks, ported heads and intakes, extrude honed exhaust manifolds, custom roller cams that only require (per rules) that they idle with 16 inches of manifold vacuum at 1,500 rpms,,,(piece of cake) even with a pretty big roller camshaft. Most of these guys are running over 500 ci. Yet the cars appear bone stock as they were originally built.

It just gets out of control doesn't it??? Too damn expensive for me anymore.

Sorry for ranting, just thought I'd toss out an example of where inexpensive stock racing classes that were originally designed for bone stock muscle cars have gotten out of control. It gave us a reason to take our cars to the track and have some fun.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    your a wise man good sir.
    lmao, thanks... just couldnt think of any other way to put it... its pretty simple.

I'm with you Lemons,,,,stock is stock. If the car has been tinkered with in anyway then it's not stock anymore.
    Sometimes people stretch it a bit,,,some a little and some alot. But when do you reach a point where enough is enough??? Thats one of the reasons I dropped out of Pure stock racing the bird. Those guys kept going a little bit quicker every year,,,yet they kept saying,,,,it's bone stock as per rules required.
    Well if you keep up on that stuff,,,they have stretched the rule book quite a bit now to accomodate those guys. Now they are allowed engine mods for pure stock as per NHRA rule book like reducing the CC's on the heads to bump compression within the legal limits, tayloring cam specs just a little bit and such,,,,,but is it stock anymore??? You be the judge.

Because of this they also created an entirely new class called F.A.S.T. which is Factory "Appearing" Stock Tires. Now these guys have to keep the outward appearance stock as the car was built, exhaust manifolds and all with correct date coded cylinder heads and carbs per what ever stock HP claimed with the car,,,,but on the inside these cars have stroker cranks, ported heads and intakes, extrude honed exhaust manifolds, custom roller cams that only require (per rules) that they idle with 16 inches of manifold vacuum at 1,500 rpms,,,(piece of cake) even with a pretty big roller camshaft. Most of these guys are running over 500 ci. Yet the cars appear bone stock as they were originally built.

It just gets out of control doesn't it??? Too damn expensive for me anymore.

Sorry for ranting, just thought I'd toss out an example of where inexpensive stock racing classes that were originally designed for bone stock muscle cars have gotten out of control. It gave us a reason to take our cars to the track and have some fun.
    that was kind of interesting to know... thanks for that.. and yes it would/does irritate me to know that stuff..

lmao, thanks... just couldnt think of any other way to put it... its pretty simple.

that was kind of interesting to know... thanks for that.. and yes it would/does irritate me to know that stuff..
    Ya, I just tossed it out there. Although it irritated me more when racing, I find I still enjoy watching just as much without all the headache. It's actually a blast to see what appears to be a bone stock 60's muscle car pull off a 10.80 pass at 128 mph,,,on stock 6 inch wide bias ply tires no less

Sorry if it got things off track here, but when mentioned earlier about what is considered stock got me on the subject.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Ya, I just tossed it out there. Although it irritated me more when racing, I find I still enjoy watching just as much without all the headache. It's actually a blast to see what appears to be a bone stock 60's muscle car pull off a 10.80 pass at 128 mph,,,on stock 6 inch wide bias ply tires no less

Sorry if it got things off track here, but when mentioned earlier about what is considered stock got me on the subject.
    id shit a brick..... thats why i am always cautious when putting money on a race with a car that i dont know.. never know what they could have done.

White
    2002 Z28

In my opinion if you change the CAI to a lid from stock, it's not stock.

If you chnange the plugs from AC Delco to something else it's not stock.

Put a K&N drop in into it and it's not stock.

Stock is the same way it came from the factory. Goodyear RSA's and all.

My car is modded it has a lid.

Awaiting Activation
    My 01 WS6 six speed ran 13.1@109 @ VMP dead stock the way it rolled of the lot. I went back with just a lid and it went 12.9 @110.
    I know with more seat time it would have run 12.9 stock. For reference,My 03 Cobra went 12.6 @113 when it was three days old and dead stock. I think my WS6 was more impressive.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    In my opinion if you change the CAI to a lid from stock, it's not stock.

If you chnange the plugs from AC Delco to something else it's not stock.

Put a K&N drop in into it and it's not stock.

Stock is the same way it came from the factory. Goodyear RSA's and all.

My car is modded it has a lid.
    i think a car with "aftermarket" spark plugs could be considered stock... hell that means you couldnt even give it an oil change.. thats going a little overboard..

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

13.5 On sat

NBM
    2000 WS6

i think a car with "aftermarket" spark plugs could be considered stock... hell that means you couldnt even give it an oil change.. thats going a little overboard..
    Can't agree with you more. But when everybody comes in here and says how a lid gives you 10 -15 hp and this oil adds another 5 hp and this exhaust gave me 20 hp........

Fuck before you know it you've added 50hp.
    I don't think thats stock........

At least to all the hp everybody "thinks" thats being added...!!!!
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Can't agree with you more. But when everybody comes in here and says how a lid gives you 10 -15 hp and this oil adds another 5 hp and this exhaust gave me 20 hp........

Fuck before you know it you've added 50hp.
    I don't think thats stock........

At least to all the hp everybody "thinks" thats being added...!!!!
    its sad when people go by advertised hp... lmao.. i should be in the 5-600rwhp range by now.. lmao.. people also think those are rwhp numbers and they are usually at the crank....... then they go to the track and they are like "but i should have about 400 to the ground with my lid and full exhaust.. "

SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

13.1 bone stock 2002 Z28 1/2 tank of fuel!!! ya i was suprised

Thats at ATCO raceway in NJ and in Oldbridge Raceway park!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by devil6rr View Post
    13.1 bone stock 2002 Z28 1/2 tank of fuel!!! ya i was suprised

Thats at ATCO raceway in NJ and in Oldbridge Raceway park!
    great run

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    great run
    It is......
    Cost me around $800 for me to get there from
    "stock".......

98' trans am

It is......