Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fastest stock time

This is a discussion on Fastest stock time within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Too Fast With a lid, my 1998 AT TA went 13.69 @ 103.6. It had 2.73 gears. ...

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    With a lid, my 1998 AT TA went 13.69 @ 103.6. It had 2.73 gears. It was always .2 faster and 2 MPH if I manually shifted that transmission. Hated doing it, so I bought the 2000 WS6 M6.
    So "Too Fast" you had better times manually shifting....Never tried it myself. Though I did do better in Drive than 3rd...........For whatever reason it was always just hitting the rev limiter at the end of the track in 3rd.
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((>`..`.><((((>

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

I ran a 12.8 with m6, headers, and 4.11 In a stocker.
    1/4-12.8
    60'- 2.20 (just burned tires 1st&2nd)
    R/T- .519 (damn, almost perfect! it was my first time ever going too. I was so happy about that)
    MPH- 109
    I just have to learn how to not to spin 1st-2nd down strip and I'll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

white
    2000 Z28

bone stock down to the tires documented record for our body style was 12.8x in a 98 z if i recall. just to be sure, that is not me or my car. but a mustang magazine had an article on the 98-02 camaros also stating 12.8x at 107mph 100% stock. remember those are professional run cars in great conditions. sea level most likely with a negative DA. unfortunately i havent seen a DA under 5k in the 4 times ive been to lvms, which resulted in a measly 14.0 at 100mph. only been to the track on hot nights for some reason.

lol didnt see the pic of the mustang article. i coulda swore it specified a 98 z for some reason. it was still a z though. also forgot the 108. i havent seen that pic in about a year or so.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 02-07-2011 at 10:13 PM.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    So "Too Fast" you had better times manually shifting....Never tried it myself. Though I did do better in Drive than 3rd...........For whatever reason it was always just hitting the rev limiter at the end of the track in 3rd.
    if your tune is solid, you should have quicker shifts. my pressure is raised in my a4 and the shifts are noticeably quicker and harder. havent been to the track in a long time to check the results. there should be no reason to shift an auto while racing. now on a stock tune the shifts are slower and i couldnt even say what the shift points are set at. im positive mine never had a stock tune while ive owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    lol didnt see the pic of the mustang article. i coulda swore it specified a 98 z for some reason. it was still a z though. also forgot the 108. i havent seen that pic in about a year or so.
    Looks like an SS in the pictures to me.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    You should be faster then that with a H/C car right?
    you're not the first one on here to say that. I'm gonna make some more passes when It warms up and if it is still slow I'm going to Vengeance to get a good tune. My 60 is somewhere in the 2.0X range which isn't out of the ordinary for most cars I see running faster times then me.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

if your tune is solid, you should have quicker shifts. my pressure is raised in my a4 and the shifts are noticeably quicker and harder. havent been to the track in a long time to check the results. there should be no reason to shift an auto while racing. now on a stock tune the shifts are slower and i couldnt even say what the shift points are set at. im positive mine never had a stock tune while ive owned it.
    You are right about the higher line pressure with it raised. But, is it raised higher than the stock transmission will output? If you just have it raised at all times, then it isn't any higher than the line pressure is at WOT, but lower RPM/lower MPH shift changes are way firmer. The PCM commands full line pressure at WOT. What can also be changed is the torque management (for softer shifts also), which GM installed AT cars to preserve the tranny life and possibly the diff life. Believe me, if there were no torque management in stock form, these cars would be laying down some serious rubber when it shifts into 2nd, and barking the hell outta 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Yes it was always quicker when I would manually shift it. The times I quoted were when I did the shifting instead of letting the conservative OE PCM tune do it for me. I'd hold the gear and time it so I'd sometimes feel the rev limiter just kick once (6200 stock tune, or you'll bend pushrods) or just before.

You have to have non-stock rear gears to be hitting 6200 RPM in the 1/4 in an AT car in 3rd gear, if you are trapping at nearly stock MPH, less than 110.

white
    2000 Z28

You are right about the higher line pressure with it raised. But, is it raised higher than the stock transmission will output? If you just have it raised at all times, then it isn't any higher than the line pressure is at WOT, but lower RPM/lower MPH shift changes are way firmer. The PCM commands full line pressure at WOT. What can also be changed is the torque management (for softer shifts also), which GM installed AT cars to preserve the tranny life and possibly the diff life. Believe me, if there were no torque management in stock form, these cars would be laying down some serious rubber when it shifts into 2nd, and barking the hell outta 3rd.
    tq management off on mine. and wot is 85% according to my tps in a bone stock car(my tb is stock). so does the stock tune register 85% as wot? i would expect it to but i have never seen a stock tune because i guarantee my tune was never stock since ive owned the car and i dont play with other peoples cars with hpt. don't know enough to feel comfortable playing with others tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Looks like an SS in the pictures to me.
    the pic says the z was tested a few years earlier than the ss shown.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

tq management off on mine. and wot is 85% according to my tps in a bone stock car(my tb is stock). so does the stock tune register 85% as wot? i would expect it to but i have never seen a stock tune because i guarantee my tune was never stock since ive owned the car and i dont play with other peoples cars with hpt. don't know enough to feel comfortable playing with others tunes.

the pic says the z was tested a few years earlier than the ss shown.
    85% is usually WOT as far as the PCM is concerned.

white
    2000 Z28

85% is usually WOT as far as the PCM is concerned.
    that pretty much means i need some new tires and the raised pressures are only used in first gear for me. my log doesnt show 85% throttle until 2nd gear.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    you're not the first one on here to say that. I'm gonna make some more passes when It warms up and if it is still slow I'm going to Vengeance to get a good tune. My 60 is somewhere in the 2.0X range which isn't out of the ordinary for most cars I see running faster times then me.
    Yeah it could just be the tune but i would think you should be in the low 12's at least.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

that's been my goal... like I said I'll try again when it warms up.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

I never ran it stock. With a lid, cutout,catback and tune it went 13.3@105 in a A4.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

13.1 @ 108 bone stock 02 ss m6 paper filter and all, about a week after i got it....im and gonna try and get a 12.999 with in the next few track days now that i have more seat time...i have a ms3 and everthing waiting to go in!!!!!!!!

bone stock 2002 m6 12.9 @ 108 woooohoooo!!!!!!
    bone stock 1999 m6 TA 13.4 @ 104 2.1 60' Still has a little more in her!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    As the title says what is your fastest stock time I'll start with mine at 13.5 at 104 and that was all stock down to the paper filter
    13.467 @ 107 at numidia dragway... 2.1 60' and bad second gear tire spin... had traction issues all day... all other runs after that had a result of the car breaking shit for me...

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by SSIZZLN View Post
    13.1 @ 108 bone stock 02 ss m6 paper filter and all, about a week after i got it....im and gonna try and get a 12.999 with in the next few track days now that i have more seat time...i have a ms3 and everthing waiting to go in!!!!!!!!
    were gonna all have to meet up out there again like the last time

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    were gonna all have to meet up out there again like the last time
    fo sho

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

1999 TA Auto

with lid a superchip programmer and axle back Flowmaster I ran a 13.33 at 107mph 3:23 gears

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information