Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Fastest stock N/A?

Does anyone know what the record is for that. Im talking completly stock engine no heads, cam and no power adders. Stock bottom end...

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Im refering to 98-02 LS1's. Auto or Clutch.

You'd have to go back 10-15 years, There aren't any bone stockers around anymore that even care to see how fast they go. And the ones that claim stock most likely aren't. It's not like they have a Pure Stock racing class for 4th gens if you know what I mean.

I'd suggest maybe taking a look back at past magazine articles for test vehicles. Seems I remember a handfull of them dipping into the high 12's at a sea level track like Atco.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

well i was going for more any mod done but still have a stock long block. I saw an article in Hot Rod magazine(I think that was it) about 2 months ago and they were making a big deal about a guy going high 11's on a stock long block. Im running 12.20's with 191,000 miles with a stock engine, trans and still have the factory 10 bolt(howls like a mofo though) I do plan to change a few things for a 11 sec pass for the new season

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

<< All stock motor running 12.430 with an A4. I am also kind of wondering what the low e.t. limit will be for our car without doing H/C/I.

I believe it, 11's are doable if you take a ton of weight out of it. That's really the key.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Heaviest thing in the car... is probably me!

I'll be shedding some pounds with the K-member install soon. Considering the tubular front bumper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Heaviest thing in the car... is probably me!

I'll be shedding some pounds with the K-member install soon. Considering the tubular front bumper as well.
    I know what you mean, I keep looking at the cars weight and soon realize I could shed a few pounds too,,haha.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Ive run a best of a 12.28 the car was hot and I let out about the 1000 ft mark. I figure shocks, short tq arm and race full with the tune turned up should get me in the 11's. Others that ive talked to this about this agree. And i currently have no weight reduction besides a K member.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

10.685 is listed at the other site right now for fastest stock longblock. 4600 stall, 4.56 gears, and 3060 weight. The top 20 are 11.5 or faster.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That is hardcore.

Stall maybe,,, for the street. Gear isn't a big deal.

I'd bet that 3060 weight is probably with the driver too, so you can figure 28-2900 for the car, that's taking a serious amount of weight out.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

That's incredibly light. We hold current record for stock long block N/A coyote 5.0 at 10.88. Which got me wondering what it was for these cars.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I was just saying in general...those times. Impressive.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

So there is hope for my car

Is there even a regulated class to run this particular idea of a car in? Without rules or regulations I can't see it actually being a "record" per say.

Is this basically a bunch of guys just seeing what than can do with it? Are they really sticking with the stock long block without any small tricks?

I can understand the attraction as it's always interesting to see how fast you can go with what you have to work with. But a couple of guys I knew that were doing this a few years ago with the LS1 were changing things like valve springs and retarding the camshaft to squeak a few more rpms out of the engine. Technically not stock in some peoples eye's.

Without knowing some of these details (I'm sure they aren't telling everything) it really paints an unclear picture for others that feel they want to explore this.

Not that I want to start a pissing match (lord knows there are touchy people on here and everyone has their own idea of what's "legal"), I am more interested in my first question as I have always been a fan of pure stock type racing.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

My buddy is stock internal and went 11.03 this fall. The car is light 4000 stall and hooks really well. Its a hardcore setup, 102 fast intake ported by Tony Mamo there was like 2 grand in that manifold and gain 7 hp haha. But it puts the track numbers down.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I dont really think there is a class for "push the limits using a some stock parts" kinda class. But I know NMRA does have classes to limit you to pretty much a stock engine. I believe the coyote stock class for this year allows very few mods. You cant even have an exhaust over 2.5 inches in diameter before the rear axle. If im not mistaken you also have a run a computer with a locked tune they give you. But i dont believe the engine has to be in a 2012 car so theres gonna be guys with fox body running a coyote 5.0 and going mid-low 11's if not high 10's with a relativly stock motor

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    I dont really think there is a class for "push the limits using a some stock parts" kinda class. But I know NMRA does have classes to limit you to pretty much a stock engine. I believe the coyote stock class for this year allows very few mods. You cant even have an exhaust over 2.5 inches in diameter before the rear axle. If im not mistaken you also have a run a computer with a locked tune they give you. But i dont believe the engine has to be in a 2012 car so theres gonna be guys with fox body running a coyote 5.0 and going mid-low 11's if not high 10's with a relativly stock motor
    That's cool. That Coyote engine is a whole new game changer for sure. Glad to see classes opening up for this.

Thread Information