Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

et guess/estimates please

This is a discussion on et guess/estimates please within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Typical 3600 lbs+ street car. For the record, 4th gen verts aren't heavy enough to matter. ...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Typical 3600 lbs+ street car. For the record, 4th gen verts aren't heavy enough to matter. I have both a vert and a T-top, The vert is only 60 lbs heavier. 3560 vs 3620 without me in the car. Both optioned SS's.

When I said those MPH's equal 11 second times, note that I said "setup properly" Without the correct gearing, converter, and suspension, then all you have is MPH without the ET to go with it.
    MPH is nothing but HP, the ET is a result of the first 60 feet, to put it in simplist terms and not make things more complicated.
    It has always been said your ET is based off the 60'. Well I should say has always been said here. Drop that 60' time and watch the ET drop.

Yep, not unusual to see 11 second cars trapping even less mph in stock and super stock racing where their setups are scienced out and spot on. Even 12 second cars only trapping 101-102 mph is standard fare. And they all have stringent weight requirements they have to meet after every pass for those worried about weight.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Yep, not unusual to see 11 second cars trapping even less mph in stock and super stock racing where their setups are scienced out and spot on. Even 12 second cars only trapping 101-102 mph is standard fare. And they all have stringent weight requirements they have to meet after every pass for those worried about weight.
    I was running 12.533@108.01 1.75 60ft. So I cut .10 off on my 60' and into the 11's. Again it all based off the setup and that 60'. Well and a good DA can really help as well. And the 12.533 was with just headers and a 3500 TCI with stock 2.73's out back.

Ray Charles blue

My t-top car with half a tank of gas and lots of options was 3525.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I was running 12.533@108.01 1.75 60ft. So I cut .10 off on my 60' and into the 11's. Again it all based off the setup and that 60'. Well and a good DA can really help as well. And the 12.533 was with just headers and a 3500 TCI with stock 2.73's out back.
    I'm truly not trying to be contrary.......but you want me to believe that you picked up over half of a second merely by improving your 60' foot time by one tenth??

I'm old school, and always have been under the impression that for every .1 of a second you shave off of your 60 foot time, you'll pick up .15 on the big end. That's a far cry from half of a second.

What am I missing?? Thoughts? FBJ?

White
    '10 ZR1

Full weight with aftermarket stereo that added weight. I know I ran 11.92 @ 113.52 with a 1.65 60'. Heck I broke into the 11's with a 11.98 @ 111 or 112. I will have to dig my time slips up.
    I gotta say - that's pretty good. I really don't think it's the norm. All I can say is that I used the word "usually" a lot for a reason.

That's a strong performer @ 113 to dip 11's.

White
    '10 ZR1

Typical 3600 lbs+ street car. For the record, 4th gen verts aren't heavy enough to matter. I have both a vert and a T-top, The vert is only 60 lbs heavier. 3560 vs 3620 without me in the car. Both optioned SS's.

When I said those MPH's equal 11 second times, note that I said "setup properly" Without the correct gearing, converter, and suspension, then all you have is MPH without the ET to go with it.
    MPH is nothing but HP, the ET is a result of the first 60 feet, to put it in simplist terms and not make things more complicated.
    With all due respect, don't forget I said "usually" quite often, for a reason. Just as you said "set up properly" for a reason.

You aren't complicating anything, nor are you confusing me. Thanks.

I understand completely.
    I'm from the mindset that every time I see a car make a pass with a high mph and a not so great ET the first 2 things that pop into my head is that the car needs more work and/or the driver needs more practice

I guess I'm always looking to ring the most out of any given package and not just looking for HP all the time. There is so much more to it and alot of people just don't get it.

Ray Charles blue

I understand completely.
    I'm from the mindset that every time I see a car make a pass with a high mph and a not so great ET the first 2 things that pop into my head is that the car needs more work and/or the driver needs more practice

I guess I'm always looking to ring the most out of any given package and not just looking for HP all the time. There is so much more to it and alot of people just don't get it.
    It took till a while ago for my eyes to see that.

Take Jeffs car and mine for instance. In more humid weather I was trapping almost the same speed as him in cooler weather. I was running 13.0X+ and he is running 12.4 so go figure. He has converter, suspension, tires, better exhaust.....etc so the proof is right there.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Is it true that a high stall converter hurts your mph?

It can. That's where build quality comes into play. Your high end converters that are more efficient won't hurt the mph so much as compared to a cheap converter.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I'm truly not trying to be contrary.......but you want me to believe that you picked up over half of a second merely by improving your 60' foot time by one tenth??

I'm old school, and always have been under the impression that for every .1 of a second you shave off of your 60 foot time, you'll pick up .15 on the big end. That's a far cry from half of a second.

What am I missing?? Thoughts? FBJ?

No sorry just stating there was a tenth difference in the two time I posted. The 11 run was with a cam,4000 TCI and 3.73's. The 12 run was headers,3500 TCI and 2.73's. As I stated.. And sorry about that FastChevy I went back and read what I posted. I would have been confused as well. My mistake.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 10-21-2011 at 03:55 PM.

White
    '10 ZR1

No sorry just stating there was a tenth difference in the two time I posted. The 11 run was with a cam,4000 TCI and 3.73's. The 12 run was headers,3500 TCI and 2.73's. As I stated.. And sorry about that FastChevy I went back and read what I posted. I would have been confused as well. My mistake.
    No prob........I was just trying to make sense of it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information