Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Drag Virgin

This is a discussion on Drag Virgin within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I am interested in this as well....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I am interested in this as well.

Ray Charles blue

Jeff,

Those are some decent numbers! Beaver springs is about .2 quicker than up to Licester (I cant spell!).

If you are running a sub 13.4 with a 2.1 reaction time you have some potential to run in the high 12s. I was able to cut a 1.905 on street tires with 32psi cold tires and a 6-speed so you can def. do better than me.

If you get some DRs and hook you will cut at least a 1.8 and you will be close to 13 flat without any issues.

Guys I have been in this car and it runs great and you would think it had around 10k miles on it.........this thing IS that nice. Love the car man.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Jeff,

Those are some decent numbers! Beaver springs is about .2 quicker than up to Licester (I cant spell!).

If you are running a sub 13.4 with a 2.1 reaction time you have some potential to run in the high 12s. I was able to cut a 1.905 on street tires with 32psi cold tires and a 6-speed so you can def. do better than me.

If you get some DRs and hook you will cut at least a 1.8 and you will be close to 13 flat without any issues.

Guys I have been in this car and it runs great and you would think it had around 10k miles on it.........this thing IS that nice. Love the car man.

Thank you! Going faster is the plan and we have a nice long winter around the corner that gives me plenty of time to work on it.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Thank you! Going faster is the plan and we have a nice long winter around the corner that gives me plenty of time to work on it.
    What mods are in the future?

Hrm.....maybe some headers, heads & cam, gears........lol

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

What mods are in the future?

Hrm.....maybe some headers, heads & cam, gears........lol

Still have the LCA's, relocation brackets and panhard bar to install. Would like to upgrade to either a 9" or 12 bolt with 3.73's and probably add an adjustable torque arm. The engine needs Kooks LT's with a catted Y, possibly delete the secondary air and rear O2's in the process, and then a tune by Frost.

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My reaction times were pretty sad all considered so that is something I'll need to work on next time. That's why I asked about the staging beams, just trying to get it set in my head what is actually happening with the timing lights as the car is lauched. I think I read somewhere that the first and second staging lights are 7 inches apart.
    Iam not sure how far apart but its not to far. You can go ferther and have the stage light on thats called deep staged.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    Iam not sure how far apart but its not to far. You can go ferther and have the stage light on thats called deep staged.
    Not sure how far but they are pretty close....I always went deep.

Jeff, let me know when you plan to work on that puppy some time, I would love to help if you need a hand.

Plus if my Vette stays with me maybe you can help me out with her a little if your not too busy.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not sure how far but they are pretty close....I always went deep.

Jeff, let me know when you plan to work on that puppy some time, I would love to help if you need a hand.

Plus if my Vette stays with me maybe you can help me out with her a little if your not too busy.

Trying to decide which rear to go with right now... then the wrenching can begin.

navy blue metalic
    2001 camaro ss

don't deep stage if your lookin for et when you deep stage you break the beams quicker but thats because you loose 3-5in's of rolling start cause the car is really breaks the beam instantly that little bit of rollin start before you break the beams dependin on the tracks rollout not all the same is half to 1 tenth and remember the first trick of reation time is launchin on the 3rd yellow if your still slow there then put extra air in the front tires and launch 100-200 rpm high as long as your already hookin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information