Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    XTrooper

Drag Strip Video

Yeah, it's short and crappy, but here's the video clip of my 11.47 run. This was at Numidia Raceway in Numidia, PA. DA was 1807' at the time of the run.

11.478 Run

Torch Red
    99 Corvette Coupe

Excellent

XTrooper
    Thanks, Edgar!

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Dang that's a fast car. I take it that you have a 12 bolt rearend?

XTrooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6
    Dang that's a fast car. I take it that you have a 12 bolt rearend?
    Well, the C5 has a Getrag rear. I had mine beefed up with a hardened output shaft when the 3.73 gears were installed.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Hmm, I didn't know that. Is the getrag alot more durable the the 10 bolt rear in F bodies?

XTrooper
    Hmm, I didn't know that. Is the getrag alot more durable the the 10 bolt rear in F bodies?
    Yes. Much more durable. As I said, basically all you have to do is swap in a hardened output shaft and it's then pretty much bulletproof. When you start making monstor power, you'll then need to get the aforementioned girdle to tie the tranny and rear together so the twisting effect doesn't crack the cases.

badass67
    1807'!!! Damn that is low!!!

imagine what it would have done if you had 7500 or 8500 like we do at Bandi!

Good run!

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    the vetts also have independant rear suspension so the setup is totally different than our f bodies that have a solid rear axle, (10 bolt) and leaf springs.

XTrooper
    Quote Originally Posted by bww3588
    the vetts also have independant rear suspension so the setup is totally different than our f bodies that have a solid rear axle, (10 bolt) and leaf springs.
    Correct. The 'Vette has IRS with a transverse composite leaf spring. Corvettes have had this same basic rear suspension setup since 1963.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Old guys rule!

seriousblack
    Nice Run! Check this shit out -just raced my buddies "Brand New" 2006 ZO6-He just picked it up from the dealership!! We did three passes 2 from a roll & 1 from a stop. The car has MONSTROUS Accelaration & Torque. Needless to say I got MY ASS HANDED TO ME -BUT IT WAS FUN!!!!!! Tomorrow I get the keys

Quote Originally Posted by seriousblack
    Nice Run! Check this shit out -just raced my buddies "Brand New" 2006 ZO6-He just picked it up from the dealership!! We did three passes 2 from a roll & 1 from a stop. The car has MONSTROUS Accelaration & Torque. Needless to say I got MY ASS HANDED TO ME -BUT IT WAS FUN!!!!!! Tomorrow I get the keys
    make a video. i have yet to see a 06 Z06 run. im sure alot of people on here do to.

seriousblack
    I will try, I'm not computer literate, but he is. I'll let him know people on this site want to see it and we'll work on getting it downloaded. He's having long tube headers, A Borla "straight through" Race muffler installed this week -so it will sound fuckin Killer when we shoot it-Until then later Bro

I will try, I'm not computer literate, but he is. I'll let him know people on this site want to see it and we'll work on getting it downloaded. He's having long tube headers, A Borla "straight through" Race muffler installed this week -so it will sound fuckin Killer when we shoot it-Until then later Bro
    i thought the Z06's had a pressure sensitive exhaust cut out. like when your on it it opened up. but when your crusin it closes and goes through the system.

seriousblack
    your right my young Jedi, the two inside tailpipes have throttle bodies -butterflys whatever you want to call them! But I guess thats not good enough for him he wants it loud all the time! Check out the new Nov Issue of ROAD & TRACK- THEY HAVE A GREAT GEARHEAD ARTICLE ON THE 06 ZO6 WITH ALL THE DATA NUMBERS!!

your right my young Jedi, the two inside tailpipes have throttle bodies -butterflys whatever you want to call them! But I guess thats not good enough for him he wants it loud all the time! Check out the new Nov Issue of ROAD & TRACK- THEY HAVE A GREAT GEARHEAD ARTICLE ON THE 06 ZO6 WITH ALL THE DATA NUMBERS!!
    im not quite sure where i heard that at. how does it sound when they are opened? i mean with the stock manifolds and cats?

seriousblack
    Fuckin'awesome exhaust note when fired up-They are actually factory style headers. Oh! its the Oct 05 ROAD & TRACK that has the technicl article on the New ZO6 NOT NOV.

ok im ordering you to make video asap. you hear me private?!

seriousblack
    Yeah oooookkk!

Thread Information