Thread: Drag radials

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Drag radials

What size drag radials do you guys run? I would also like to know the rim size you run also.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2004 Pontiac GTO
    2007 Chevy Corvette

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Sorry i should have put what type of car i am going to get first. 1998-2002 trans am. I have money for the car and have money saved for parts and wheels to do everything i want. Just need to find the right car for the right price. Thats been a problem for me. So i think i am just gonna start ordering a few parts here and there and then when i get the car i can already have everything.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You should have 17 x 9" wheels so you can go with 295's without too much trouble. If you have custom wheels then you need to post the specs. My advice is to get the car first, make sure everything is ok and it is running good, then I would install a 12 bolt or 9" rear. Then you can talk about drag radials. You have to do the foundation before you can put up the house.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

You want as much sidewall as possible for them to be effective.

I personally run a 15" wheel with a 275/60 MT drag radial (28" tall)

What's great about the MT's is now they are offered in tire heights of 28" for the 17" wheel,,,so you actually get some sidewall.

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Thank you for the advice. I am looking for a stock trans am. I want the engine running good. I was gonna upgrade frt and rear suspension and the rear end first. I am in no hurry to find the car when the right one comes i will know. I have looked at 15 ta's in 2 months. Anywhere from stock to supposed 500hp. They either have real high miles. And or knocking in the motor. So i have that money se aside right now. It will probly be a winter project.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by hooley17 View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I am looking for a stock trans am. I want the engine running good. I was gonna upgrade frt and rear suspension and the rear end first. I am in no hurry to find the car when the right one comes i will know. I have looked at 15 ta's in 2 months. Anywhere from stock to supposed 500hp. They either have real high miles. And or knocking in the motor. So i have that money se aside right now. It will probly be a winter project.

I have seen alot of nice 2000 - 2002 TA's out there with low miles ( under 50k ) but you will have to spent 12k plus. How high do you want to go ?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by hooley17 View Post
    What size drag radials do you guys run? I would also like to know the rim size you run also.

I hear Randy Travis has a Trans Am for sale. It just needs a little work.

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I heard that to hahaha. I am looking to spend around 12-14. I am gonna wait a little bit to buy it. I am changing jobs in a month. I will be working alot more for the next few months. So i am just gonna be patient with the car. I am gonna put together a list of suspension parts and a set of wheels and tires this weekend and i will post it. Probly sunday afternoon.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

In that 12 to 14k range you will get the car you want. Either modded or stock. You are doing the right thing by not jumping on the first nice car you see. Good luck.

Thread Information