Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

completely stock ls1 a4 1/4 times

This is a discussion on completely stock ls1 a4 1/4 times within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Damm you guys are lucky i run a 14.2-14.4 bone stock. but i live in Albuquerque,NM at 5300 feet. if ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    6
    Damm you guys are lucky i run a 14.2-14.4 bone stock. but i live in Albuquerque,NM at 5300 feet. if your at 3000 or less above sea level you better be running in the 13s.(with good waether conditions of coarse)

  2. #22
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Not to be an ass, but how can you really screw up a launch in an A4? Almost anyone can launch a slower A4 car. Try using back roads and some decent Nitto555's and you should be better. I hope english isn't your first language, because you sound like a dumbass otherwise.

    actually my guy...english was my best subject in highschool...maybe its just the fact that this is a fucking forum and ppl dont give a fuck about how they talk except u...wut are u a fucking english teacher....do u fucking piss and moan over every thread u come across that some 1 uses slang or miss spells a word...u must b fucking gay....and i dont give a fuck wut u drive...i was new at drag racing and i was just stating facts about my driving...come 2 relize that im fucking natural and awesome at drag racing now...im cutting .01 reaction times....just from being at the track twice in my life...i went from slow 14's to 13.6....so therefore shut da fuck up and eat a dick dawg....have a nice day

  3. #23
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    actually my guy...english was my best subject in highschool...maybe its just the fact that this is a fucking forum and ppl dont give a fuck about how they talk except u...wut are u a fucking english teacher....do u fucking piss and moan over every thread u come across that some 1 uses slang or miss spells a word...u must b fucking gay....and i dont give a fuck wut u drive...i was new at drag racing and i was just stating facts about my driving...come 2 relize that im fucking natural and awesome at drag racing now...im cutting .01 reaction times....just from being at the track twice in my life...i went from slow 14's to 13.6....so therefore shut da fuck up and eat a dick dawg....have a nice day
    And you prove my point there. You sound like a low-life piece of white trash, along with your pos vehicle. If you have anything else to say to me keep it to the pm's.

  4. #24
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    And you prove my point there. You sound like a low-life piece of white trash, along with your pos vehicle. If you have anything else to say to me keep it to the pm's.
    did i really...sorry not a low-life piece of white trash....yup my t/a is a pos.....i kno this....u stay classy bud....

  5. #25
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Stock 13.454 LT1 M6 hehe first time ever

  6. #26
    Member silverz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington MO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    796

    sebring silver
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    actually my guy...english was my best subject in highschool...maybe its just the fact that this is a fucking forum and ppl dont give a fuck about how they talk except u...wut are u a fucking english teacher....do u fucking piss and moan over every thread u come across that some 1 uses slang or miss spells a word...u must b fucking gay....and i dont give a fuck wut u drive...i was new at drag racing and i was just stating facts about my driving...come 2 relize that im fucking natural and awesome at drag racing now...im cutting .01 reaction times....just from being at the track twice in my life...i went from slow 14's to 13.6....so therefore shut da fuck up and eat a dick dawg....have a nice day
    Come on now, you don't have to cuss and call other people names here. I kinda agree with adam3566, its hard to read some of the slang you post up, but don't get mad at me i'm just trying to let you know his point of view.

    Anyway.

    My car went 13.5 stock with 2.73 gears 2000 camaro a4 first pass 2.02 60'

    My girfriends car went 13.5 stock with 3.23 gears 1999 a4 first pass 2.08 60'
    2000 auto camaro
    13.54 @ 104 2.049 60' stock 2.73

    12.94 @ 109 2.002 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 555r 2.73

    11.899 @ 114.44 1.686 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 245/50-16 555r 3.73 moser 12-bolt 2800 fuddle, ls6 intake manifold, slp under drive pully,fiberglass hood, bmr k-member

  7. #27
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    Come on now, you don't have to cuss and call other people names here. I kinda agree with adam3566, its hard to read some of the slang you post up, but don't get mad at me i'm just trying to let you know his point of view.

    Anyway.

    My car went 13.5 stock with 2.73 gears 2000 camaro a4 first pass 2.02 60'

    My girfriends car went 13.5 stock with 3.23 gears 1999 a4 first pass 2.08 60'
    yea i saw his point and tried to talk with more sense and tried 2 be nice about everything....and he acted a complete ass....but its all good now...at least with me....no more drama and arguements outta me...

    how are u guys cutting 13.5's and low 2's 60 fts...the fast 60fts i got wih my 02 trans am a4...i dont kno wut gears im runnin...but anyways my best 60' was 2.1 and best et was 13.6and thats on a right at sealevel track with temps in the 40's everyday...man i love alaska...lol

  8. #28
    Member silverz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington MO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    796

    sebring silver
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    yea i saw his point and tried to talk with more sense and tried 2 be nice about everything....and he acted a complete ass....but its all good now...at least with me....no more drama and arguements outta me...

    how are u guys cutting 13.5's and low 2's 60 fts...the fast 60fts i got wih my 02 trans am a4...i dont kno wut gears im runnin...but anyways my best 60' was 2.1 and best et was 13.6and thats on a right at sealevel track with temps in the 40's everyday...man i love alaska...lol
    Your problem is the 40 degree temps. You may just need to go with a nitto 555r to get that little bit more traction than street tires. Some people will tell ya to go with mickey which do hook better but they cost more and don't last near as long.

    Try the nittos.

  9. #29
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    Your problem is the 40 degree temps. You may just need to go with a nitto 555r to get that little bit more traction than street tires. Some people will tell ya to go with mickey which do hook better but they cost more and don't last near as long.

    Try the nittos.

    yea i kinda figured i need the dr's...i found some nitton 555r's for $300 BRAND NEW plus a full set of wheels with tires already on them....imma about 2 go all out on my t/a now...with the setup im getting i'll be in the 11's...i got a great ls1 vet showing me the way

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    13.62 @ 104 bone stock with 110,000 miles.

  11. #31
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    Thats an awsome color for the TA!! anyway what part of AK are u from?



    Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    yea i saw his point and tried to talk with more sense and tried 2 be nice about everything....and he acted a complete ass....but its all good now...at least with me....no more drama and arguements outta me...

    how are u guys cutting 13.5's and low 2's 60 fts...the fast 60fts i got wih my 02 trans am a4...i dont kno wut gears im runnin...but anyways my best 60' was 2.1 and best et was 13.6and thats on a right at sealevel track with temps in the 40's everyday...man i love alaska...lol

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    illinois
    Age
    35
    Posts
    106

    torch red
    99 c5

    02 ws6 a4, 373 gears, slp cat back, slp cold air intake, programmer and thermostat. 13.2-13.4 1.8 60'

  13. #33
    Member since 1999 RATCHETMASTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    formerly FRESNO, CA.
    Posts
    48

    pewter
    99 WS6 now belongs to X

    This thread was an interesting read!!

    As you all know the WS6 (and SS?)A4 cars have 323 gears. I would think their times would be better than the 273 standard gears on other ls1 cars.

    the "slower" A4 cars, as refered to by a poster, is in part due to the fact that M6 cars have better 342 gears. The A4 can out perform the M6 in most cases in stock form. imho. Especially when it comes to inexperienced drivers.
    Last edited by RATCHETMASTER; 09-26-2008 at 09:45 AM.

  14. #34
    Junior Member DKITCHEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    30

    Yellow
    2002 CETA

    Quote Originally Posted by RATCHETMASTER View Post
    This thread was an interesting read!!

    As you all know the WS6 (and SS?)A4 cars have 323 gears. I would think their times would be better than the 273 standard gears on other ls1 cars.

    the "slower" A4 cars, as refered to by a poster, is in part due to the fact that M6 cars have better 342 gears. The A4 can out perform the M6 in most cases in stock form. imho. Especially when it comes to inexperienced drivers.
    Agreed. I had two M6 TA's before my A4 CETA and the A4 is much easier to launch/race. First time at the track with the CETA with only an air lid ran a 13.1 at 105 with Nitto Drag radials. 1.85 60 ft times easy and consistant.

  15. #35
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    13.45 @ 103.90 in my 00 WS6 A4 with a lid and a SLP LM.

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3

    Black
    2002 Trans Am

    pure stock best time I had was 13.99 at about 100mph, most were 14.0's at 98, 99mph. Dragway 42, West Salem, Ohio

  17. #37
    Trigger Puller Trainer KC&97TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Dirty J'ville
    Posts
    502

    NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

    not pure stock car, but stock motor, tranny and axle 3.23's

    Full Weight SS, T/A leather interior, 3pt SFC, LCA relocations, Borla, SLP lid, K&N 13.22@104.5, one wheel'n it, 2.2 60'

    almost sea level, J'ville NC, ran right behind a wave of 1/8th mile cars laying rubber

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    33

    black
    01 camaro SS

    i went 13.2 at 104 with nothin but a factory slp duel/duel catback. 1.9 60's

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    24

    blue and white
    99 transam 30th vert

    stock t/a times

    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    there are alot of variables. the biggest one being elevation. high elevation will slow you down alot. next in my opinion would be heat and humidity, whether 1 or both affect you or not where you run. the hotter it is the slower your car will be. the low to mid 13s is a baseline everyone mentions but the environment makes a huge difference. that baseline is at perfect conditions. which are sea level and 60-75 degrees with low humidity. i found that cali cars have a tendency to put up the better numbers in what ive read. but here in vegas the heat is killing our cars at the track. low humidity but the open nights around this time are still upper 90s late at night. my best run was a 14.1 with bald street tires and not knowing how to lauch correctly(ive gotten a tad bit better in the few times ive been able to play in the past couple of months) and i havent been to the track since then because it has only gotten hotter since may. i wont be running again until around october when it cools down alot. i assume you will be using street tires since you say stock runs but elevation and temp will be what you should look for when you decide to run and where you choose to run. someone correct me if i have any misinfo in here i got it all from this site since i joined and i would like to get my info on point so i can use it all effectively. oh yeah my runs were made in the mid 90 degrees and as expected its hotter now. which is a big part of me not being in the 13s i believe.
    I have a 99 t/a and in florida, 85 degrees relaitively high humidity that day the car would not break into the 13's ran a 14.14, then a 14.08 and finally a 14.05. That is bone stock, many mods later it runs much better, I keep hearing about all these ls1's running mid to low 13's stock but have never witnessed it at Bradenton Motor Sports track. As you have said, the weather and track conditions if perfect with an excellent launch etc could produce that. Depends on the driver, track and weather.

  20. #40
    Junior Member Glue Maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Benson NC
    Posts
    80

    Red
    00 Z28

    On a close to stock (free mods, cat back and lid) 2.73 a4 that run 8.7 at 85 or 83 can't remember. what does an 8.7 in the 1/8th translate to In the 1/4
    Last edited by Glue Maker; 06-09-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
  2. Completely stock
    By Durango in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 04:57 AM
  3. Saw a completely stock WS.6 today
    By ls1camino in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 09:57 AM
  4. Question: Stock times.
    By wickbc in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
  5. Stock times?
    By Sean00ws6 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •