Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

completely stock ls1 a4 1/4 times

This is a discussion on completely stock ls1 a4 1/4 times within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; im trying to find out what ppl have at the track in there t/a's that have a4...i made a bet ...

  1. #1
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    completely stock ls1 a4 1/4 times

    im trying to find out what ppl have at the track in there t/a's that have a4...i made a bet with a friend that i would break into the 13's completely stock

  2. #2
    Member 98 Stang Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Channelview, Tx.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    882

    Black
    1998 Z28

    man you should be low 13's

  3. #3
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    ok...its my boy dat made da bet against me....he says dat i freind of his had da same car almost... and the best he ran was a 14.5 stock....im thinkin either it was a 6 or an lt1....cuz everywhere i look stock ls1 a4's r running mid 2 low 13s

  4. #4
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    there are alot of variables. the biggest one being elevation. high elevation will slow you down alot. next in my opinion would be heat and humidity, whether 1 or both affect you or not where you run. the hotter it is the slower your car will be. the low to mid 13s is a baseline everyone mentions but the environment makes a huge difference. that baseline is at perfect conditions. which are sea level and 60-75 degrees with low humidity. i found that cali cars have a tendency to put up the better numbers in what ive read. but here in vegas the heat is killing our cars at the track. low humidity but the open nights around this time are still upper 90s late at night. my best run was a 14.1 with bald street tires and not knowing how to lauch correctly(ive gotten a tad bit better in the few times ive been able to play in the past couple of months) and i havent been to the track since then because it has only gotten hotter since may. i wont be running again until around october when it cools down alot. i assume you will be using street tires since you say stock runs but elevation and temp will be what you should look for when you decide to run and where you choose to run. someone correct me if i have any misinfo in here i got it all from this site since i joined and i would like to get my info on point so i can use it all effectively. oh yeah my runs were made in the mid 90 degrees and as expected its hotter now. which is a big part of me not being in the 13s i believe.
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

  5. #5
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Mine ran a 13.9 bone stock in the heat at about 500 feet elevation. Not sure of your temps, altitude or humidity but like Bubba said it'll definitely affect your cars performance.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    29
    Yeah... most run in the 13.4-13.8 range... with a decnt driver..
    Ever want to beat someone half to death... TWICE??

  7. #7
    Think Spring..... 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northampton County, Pa.
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    2000 WS6

    13.8.........Bone stock........101mph

    Added a lid and sealed the hood to the box ( Jamms ram Air kit) and went 13.6 @ 103....A4 so you just point it and go........
    2000 NBM WS6

    /oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

    ><(((>`..`.><((((>

  8. #8
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    i ran a 14.12 today....my first time at the track in my life...and my first time running my car....i cant launch it right....im still new to the track....and im out 60 bucks in my bet....how are u guys launching?

  9. #9
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Every car is differnt, every driver is different so its just you learning your car.
    Im sure you 60' and reaction time where horrible but you just need to keep practicing.
    When i was stock i would just foot brake it to about 2 grand, right befor it would break traction and jump the light on the third yellow instead of waiting for the green. Your not going to red light either.
    dont try shifting from 1st to 2nd and so forth. Iv yielded the same results in both drive and OD so i dont think that really matters.
    But hey everyone has differnt approaches that work for them so just have fun and keep practicing.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  10. #10
    TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alaska Until 2010
    Posts
    117
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

    im good at the light...i just cant launch...my best reaction time was .10 dats pretty damn good 4 da first time ever at da track....theres 1 more test and tune left b4 da track shuts down 4 da winter....imma try and leave at 2grand....and i should hopefully have some dr's by then

  11. #11
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    as far as od vs manual shift i think mine would benefit from manual but i have yet to try that method. i say that because my car shifts at 5k wot and the rev limiter on mine is 6k. so i would assume it would help out some. but again i have yet to try. i would try stalling up the car before a launch since it is an a4. everyone says it just heats up the tranny. besides our stock stall is something like 1800 rpms. which at 2k our cars would be rolling lol. go for what works for you though i guess. my next trip will include manual shifting on a few runs for sure though.

  12. #12
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    im good at the light...i just cant launch...my best reaction time was .10 dats pretty damn good 4 da first time ever at da track....theres 1 more test and tune left b4 da track shuts down 4 da winter....imma try and leave at 2grand....and i should hopefully have some dr's by then
    Not to be an ass, but how can you really screw up a launch in an A4? Almost anyone can launch a slower A4 car. Try using back roads and some decent Nitto555's and you should be better. I hope english isn't your first language, because you sound like a dumbass otherwise.

  13. #13
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Not to be an ass, but how can you really screw up a launch in an A4? Almost anyone can launch a slower A4 car. Try using back roads and some decent Nitto555's and you should be better. I hope english isn't your first language, because you sound like a dumbass otherwise.
    drag racing is way more than mash the gas pedal. some people think you just drop the brick and let it drive. all of our cars will spin using street tires. and i think the people w/o the 555r's or other dr's dont have them because they would either like to keep the ten bolt for the time being(seeing as how to most a rear end upgrade is about $3k) drag racing is all about your launch. give it too much gas it will spin, and too little obviosly isnt any better. you have to find that right spot that hooks well to give you a good 60' times. another thing in this particular thread is it was his first time drag racing and he hasnt gotten used to it.

  14. #14
    I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield/Long Beach Ca
    Age
    31
    Posts
    888

    YJ
    04 GTO M6

    Stock 13.8...Loudmouth/Lid 13.5 in my old A4 99 Z28

  15. #15
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    drag racing is way more than mash the gas pedal. some people think you just drop the brick and let it drive. all of our cars will spin using street tires. and i think the people w/o the 555r's or other dr's dont have them because they would either like to keep the ten bolt for the time being(seeing as how to most a rear end upgrade is about $3k) drag racing is all about your launch. give it too much gas it will spin, and too little obviosly isnt any better. you have to find that right spot that hooks well to give you a good 60' times. another thing in this particular thread is it was his first time drag racing and he hasnt gotten used to it.
    Lol your giving me advice? Look at what I drive and member rides, then come back and tell me how to drive.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    My SS went 13.62 @ 103 with 110,000 miles. Bone stock on bald tires.

  17. #17
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Lol your giving me advice? Look at what I drive and member rides, then come back and tell me how to drive.
    so i take it the info that i gathered from a little experience and this site is erronous? my statement shows that its not easy to launch anything automatic or manual for drivers who never have and you pretty much made it seem like there is no reason at all for 317born not to be able to launch whether it was his first time or not. and what you drive is irrelevent due to your "no reason to not be able to launch an a4" statement.
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 08-02-2008 at 01:55 PM.

  18. #18
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Not to be an ass, but how can you really screw up a launch in an A4? Almost anyone can launch a slower A4 car. Try using back roads and some decent Nitto555's and you should be better. I hope english isn't your first language, because you sound like a dumbass otherwise.
    dont waste your money on nittos,they suck
    next boots ill get will be the et street radials

  19. #19
    Member adam3566's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Janesville,Wisconsin
    Posts
    880

    black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    dont waste your money on nittos,they suck
    next boots ill get will be the et street radials
    Got them on both my cars and I love them.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sac town
    Posts
    68

    PEWTER
    2001 camaro

    13.2 I think with a couple more times at the track and tires that are in better shape i can touch high 12s every time go i get faster and faster all i have is a lid and magnaflows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
  2. Completely stock
    By Durango in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 04:57 AM
  3. Saw a completely stock WS.6 today
    By ls1camino in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 09:57 AM
  4. Question: Stock times.
    By wickbc in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
  5. Stock times?
    By Sean00ws6 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •