Coleman Roddy loses all Memorabilia in fire

This was on several racing forums I am on.

http://texasbracketracing.com/index....7.new.html#new

Ok Guys and Gals, I need some help. Yesterday I was out at HRP with my dad running an index race. While we were in the lanes my dad ran into an old friend, Coleman Roddy. For those of you who dont know, Coleman is the 83 and 84 Comp Eliminator World Champion. The guy can drive the wheels off a race car.

Anyways, after he won the 84 championship he quit driving to help his dad run there business, R&R Auto in Port Arthur, TX. Well Mr Ed, Coleman's dad comes up and asks did we hear what happened? We said no and then he preceded to tell us. He said you know Coleman won the 83 and 84 Comp championships, the first person to win consecutive comp titles, he won 29 major races, including the prestigous Quaker State Cup, had tons of trophies, plaques, jackets, etc. and most importantly tons of pictures from there racing days and it was all at the car dealership. 2 weeks ago a pressure washer shorted out and caught the building on fire and burnt it to the ground.

I thought Mr Ed was going to cry. He said they only lost 10 cars in the fire but that dont matter to him, that those pictures and trophies and that Quaker State Cup meant everything in the world to him and now its all gone. The only thing they have is Coleman's championship ring b/c it was on his finger.

So, I'm putting out the word to all my racing friends. Please dig thru all your old racing photos especially if you were around Div 4 back in the early to mid 80's and see if you have any photos of Coleman or his cars. If you do, please let me know as I am going to start a collection. I would love to be able to give them some back. I heard that he contacted NHRA but they told him it was too long ago but I dont know if thats true or not. So please, help if you can. Even if it is just one photo.