Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Cocky Mach 1 thinks he will beat me

This is a discussion on Cocky Mach 1 thinks he will beat me within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; That's decent on nittos. But no offense but that ET is a bit off. You should be in the 11s ...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

That's decent on nittos. But no offense but that ET is a bit off. You should be in the 11s no? Anyone know the specs of the G5X1?

What kind of stall is that 3500?

Black
    2000 Z-28

The ET could be more a determination of traction...or lack thereof. What was the mph?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    Good job! When are these guys going to figure out that their little Mustangs just don't have what it takes? I smile everytime I see one with a hottie in the passenger seat, thinking... If she only knew!! lol.
    then he will smile and think "if only he knew" as you see the words COBRA on the back bumper

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    The ET could be more a determination of traction...or lack thereof. What was the mph?
    true..but cutting a 1.7 60' .i dont think traction is a issue..i bet fueling is

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    true..but cutting a 1.7 60' .i dont think traction is a issue..i bet fueling is
    True 1.7 is a decent 60 foot but there are plenty of cam only guys in the 1.5s and 1.6s. Guess he'll have to tell us if he was spinning or if he has suspension mods.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i have full suspension in rear except for shocks and springs. i was not spinning at all, the nittos held me from a 2000rpm launch. i was talking about my times in another thread i started after the track. the stall is a TCI 3500 and the specs on the cam are 228/232 588/574 114 LSA. i was asking in the other thread about the tune, if that could be the issue.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by stephen02ws6 View Post
    i have full suspension in rear except for shocks and springs. i was not spinning at all, the nittos held me from a 2000rpm launch. i was talking about my times in another thread i started after the track. the stall is a TCI 3500 and the specs on the cam are 228/232 588/574 114 LSA. i was asking in the other thread about the tune, if that could be the issue.
    Yea, I was actually just gonna ask you about your tune. Who did it and did you get a rwhp number out of the tune?

There are guys on here that do mail order tunes and they are not expensive, i highly suggest trying that. Highly..

Not to make you feel bad man, but my friend ran the same time you did with a 1.6 '60 foot, and just a 3600 stall. Bolt-ons, Stock suspension. Of course his car is quick for what it is, i find that to be a very good time. You should be in the 11s, just trying to help you out, maybe you need a different tune.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Yea, I was actually just gonna ask you about your tune. Who did it and did you get a rwhp number out of the tune?

There are guys on here that do mail order tunes and they are not expensive, i highly suggest trying that. Highly..

Not to make you feel bad man, but my friend ran the same time you did with a 1.6 '60 foot, and just a 3600 stall. Bolt-ons, Stock suspension. Of course his car is quick for what it is, i find that to be a very good time. You should be in the 11s, just trying to help you out, maybe you need a different tune.
    FLP did the tune. it made 360 at the wheels before i put the Crane Gold Race rockers on.

98' trans am

what has been done with your fueling ? you might have failing injectors etc ..i suggest you see how much fuel pressure you're pulling at high rpms

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

nothing has been done with the fueling. still have stock injectors and pump. i am going to change the injectors and pump this winter when i put heads on. they never said anything about my injectors being maxed out. do you think i should change the injectors when i put the FAST intake on?

98' trans am

nothing has been done with the fueling. still have stock injectors and pump. i am going to change the injectors and pump this winter when i put heads on. they never said anything about my injectors being maxed out. do you think i should change the injectors when i put the FAST intake on?
    well its best to tune it with them in..i would try a fuel pump..what was your trap speed ?

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

i know id have to tune it for the injectors. since it wants to die when i come to a stop i am emailing FLP about getting the tune fixed. my trap speed was 110.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

One thing nobody so far has asked yet, ETs are effected big time by your DA. Your car may be running right, so I wouldn't immediately just jump to say something is wrong with your car because it has a cam and stall and can't run 11s. Also, what is your experience at the dragstrip??? More experience = better ETs. even in an Auto. One thing I did notice with your setup though that would raise questions for me is did you upgrade the MAF when you upgraded to the 85mm TB. Hopefully not.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about that Mach 1, even with spray. Sounds like he needs a driver mod before he could beat you. That may take him a while to realize given the big head he has thinking LS owners are vaginas. Real Mustangs died with the introduction of the 4.6. (03-04 Cobras being the exception)
    Last edited by TACE02; 05-21-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

His DA can't be much different than Nebraska, but I could be totally wrong. Maybe it was really hot, humid when you raced. Your injectors should be fine, but like shady said, they could be failing. People usually don't upgrade injectors till heads/cam...cam only you should be ok. I won't be changing mine when I do a cam swap.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    One thing nobody so far has asked yet, ETs are effected big time by your DA. Your car may be running right, so I wouldn't immediately just jump to say something is wrong with your car because it has a cam and stall and can't run 11s. Also, what is your experience at the dragstrip??? More experience = better ETs. even in an Auto. One thing I did notice with your setup though that would raise questions for me is did you upgrade the MAF when you upgraded to the 85mm TB. Hopefully not.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about that Mach 1, even with spray. Sounds like he needs a driver mod before he could beat you. That may take him a while to realize given the big head he has thinking LS owners are vaginas. Real Mustangs died with the introduction of the 4.6. (03-04 Cobras being the exception)
    Time isnt what expected
    DA was ruled out. as far as the experiance, this was the first time to the track but everything was right. the launch and everything was on and everything was the same on the runs. the MAF sensor isnt changed.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

ya i believe it is the tune. i talked to FLP about fixing it and they told me my trans is slipping and that they never touched the trans tables on the dyno tune. so i am going to speed inc on the third to find out if it is the tune.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

sounds good

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Your fine with stock injectors with your setup. The tuner would have said something if you were maxing them out. Even when you swap out to the FAST, you will probably still be fine. Just ask him what duty cycle the injectors are running when you go back the 3rd. I had stockers with my setup before cam install, granted they were at 94% DC I bet your pusing it with the stockers, but I dont think youve maxed them out. Your times dont seem horribly off.

Awaiting Activation

White
    2000 Trans Am

ET is def off..mine with just bolt ons and 100 shot was running 12.0's every time on nittos, you should be 11's

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

ok i figured i would give you guys an update. when speed inc checked the car out on the 3rd, they found that the car wasnt hitting 100%WOT. he said that it would only hit 88% so it wouldnt go into the WOT tables. he adjusted the TB and fixed the setting for it in the computer. he then changed some of the settings for the trans. he raised the shift points from 6000 to 6600 RPMs. the shifts seem harder and it seems to kick down harder.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information