Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can't Hook Anymore

This is a discussion on Can't Hook Anymore within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Most of the cars there are imports. They don't have the power to need good prepping....

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Most of the cars there are imports. They don't have the power to need good prepping.

Black
    99 SS

haha, sorry to hear that, u need a better track then bud

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Dang that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. After a certain amount of power you really don't seem to accelerate outta the hole from what i've seen/read. Your car's making soo much power that it probably will just roast and slicks you put on it, short of tubbing it, and putting on some ridiculously wide slicks.

The only think I can think of is getting some air bags. I've heard those and drag shocks help out considerably. Hope you have a 12 bolt/9" though.
    2001 T/A WS6 M6
    LS6 Cam/Springs, Lid, SLP Pulley, Magnaflow Catback, TBCB, Richmond 4.10 gearing, Panhard Rod, Strut Tower Brace, Low Control Arms, Lou Thesz Short Stick
    Dyno 351rwhp/341rwtq, and tuned by RacePrep via HP Tuners.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Bob'sWS6 View Post
    Dang that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. After a certain amount of power you really don't seem to accelerate outta the hole from what i've seen/read. Your car's making soo much power that it probably will just roast and slicks you put on it, short of tubbing it, and putting on some ridiculously wide slicks.

The only think I can think of is getting some air bags. I've heard those and drag shocks help out considerably. Hope you have a 12 bolt/9" though.
    Yep, that where I am losing all my time. I cannot floor it out of the hole.

I have to give it about 1/3 throttle then roll into it.
    Thats why it looks like I don't really move when starting out.

Still on the stock 10 bolt.

Black
    99 SS

yes the air bags are a massive help, a buddy of mine has them and he hooks like no other im talking like 1.4 and 1-5's constently

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    yes the air bags are a massive help, a buddy of mine has them and he hooks like no other im talking like 1.4 and 1-5's constently
    Yeah, but he'll blow that 10 bolt like a $5 whore blows through crack. Ain't no way it'll hold w/ that much power and with a huge launch.

Man Ed, you've gotta be kidding me. You pumped all that money into the engine, but nothing into your car's rearend. Save some money, and buy a 12 bolt already.

Black

I want to see how much it will hold before it breaks.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

go to a real track and run behind a couple of bad ass drag cars that are on slicks. street cars on street tires ruin it for guys like you. Even without much track prep when the real cars start laying some rubber down throughout the night you will hook MUCH better. You can only do so much to your car before you excede the ability of the track to hold it. Run with the big dogs, it will help

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

I'd definitely look at running a 28" tall tire, preferably on a 15" rim. That way you'd have a good size footprint, plus the taller, softer sidewall to absorb some of the initial hit on launch. Also it would effectively make your gear ratio numerically lower. Being an M6 car, I've been advised to run a 28" tall tire for two reasons;
    1) Once I start trapping ~115 mph I'll still be able to trap in 4th gear.
    2) The taller tire will effect the final drive ratio and it will allow the tires to absorb a harder launch.

It's been said at least once, wider won't get you near as much as a bigger footprint will.

Also I think going a little softer on rear springs would help with the weight transfer. Some good adjustable shocks too. I read on another forum about a guy who is having great success with the 12 way adjustable Hal's with their drag springs in the front and running 1LE springs in the rear. Alot of it has to do with what you want to do with the car. If you want to be able to play on the street, have fun in the twisties and do drag you may have to sacrifice a little here and there, but I think the HAL's are the way to go. That's what I'll be doing with mine when I go H/C and and do suspension after my deployment this fall.

While I'm babbling here... That sir, is one SICK fsking car!!! I love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information