Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

can i take a (04-06) tt dodge cummins diesel?

This is a discussion on can i take a (04-06) tt dodge cummins diesel? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; All the GN's at New England Dragway iced them down. All the fast ones anyways. Sure, let's race in the ...

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

All the GN's at New England Dragway iced them down. All the fast ones anyways.

Sure, let's race in the spring at Watkins Glen or Lime Rock Park, your choice

10.70 rocks, congrats!

race

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    You will win. The cummins is a fast truck but you are in a TRANS AM if he is stock you will completely stomp his ass. Take his money and spend it on some mods.
    there are a few things you should consider before you race...
    yea you have a badass car. if hes stock id race. BUT...if he has twins there is no chance in hell youd win. these boys runnin twins are in the 6-700hp range, maybe more. it would be a crime to call a cummins with twins stock. in order to have twins that are even worth anything, you would have to be pushing power. im talkin massive injectors, chip, intake, cold air intake......thats just the tip of the massive iceberg called "diesel bombing". so id say do some research before you go layin down the benjamins!

and for those of you that still think he has a chance even if the truck has twins.... A) not a chance in hell B)do some research on cummins that are even over 500 horse or more....beatin vipers and Z06s son! dont be so one sided to your trans ams (which dont get me wrong, theyre badass and pretty damn fast)....someone out there with a badass diesel will put you in the ground onea these days.

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

So what happened? Did the race take place?

Trans Am owner
    former

stock diesel truck should run like 17 sec in the 1/4

you should rape him if he is stock.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

If he's stock, get a decent tire and go hurt his feelings. Once he starts admitting to any type of mods, I'd be VERY cautious! There are plenty of guys rolling around in trucks with ridiculous power numbers. Couple ridiculous power with amazing traction off of the line and that race to 100 will seem way too short. A run to 135 would likely yield a better result, however many of these trucks simply have enough power to continue to pull strong up to 100 mph.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

black
    2001 formula firebird

I've raced one before. It was modded like crazy and I killed him. he ran a 14.0 and stood no chance when we raced. I saw him on the way home from the track on the highway and I beat him worse on there.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

never got to race we were going to this spring but he wrecked the truck unfortunately ...i was looking forward to racing him

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Ah man! lol Dangit, I just read this entire thread waiting for an outcome or to add my two cents. Anway.. I was gonna say: "If he is saying he is stock and wants to race a Trans Am for money, then he is probably not stock. He has probably got a really good tune/chip. My cousin has that reprograming thing on his laptop he uses at the shop he works at, and they can make a huge difference."

That's all.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

yah sorry i was pretty bummed myself...

Trans Am owner
    former

if you throw some big injectors, and a fueling box on a cummins, along with a new clutch and fuel pump, you are looking close to 1000 ft/lbs of tq at the wheels there. just a heads up, these trucks don't need much to make tons of power. add on some good turbo upgrades, and he will give you a run for your money.

Awaiting Activation

black
    01 ws6

sad ! i read whole thread for nothing

I raced a very loud, sun killing, eclipse starting, ozone destroyer truck, It smoked its tires next to me I looked over and laughed flew by with over 4 cars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information