Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

can i take a (04-06) tt dodge cummins diesel?

This is a discussion on can i take a (04-06) tt dodge cummins diesel? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; When i was at the track this year, there was a Turbo Cummins Diesel running 13.0s all night. Race him ...

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

When i was at the track this year, there was a Turbo Cummins Diesel running 13.0s all night. Race him too 100. If its a close race in the high end you should come out on top partially due to aerodynamics..

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    When i was at the track this year, there was a Turbo Cummins Diesel running 13.0s all night. Race him too 100. If its a close race in the high end you should come out on top partially due to aerodynamics..
    Yea but that thing probly had tons of money dropped in it to run 13s. The truck he is racing is stock or near stock. They are complete dogs from the factory.

white
    2002 z28

there was 2 hemi trucks running 12.5- 12.8 last track day soo its possibol

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

well they are single turbo so if he has a twinturbo kit you could be in serious trouble i have seen tt dodges making over 800 to the wheels and 1,400 lbs of torque with the hekp of some propane.

the twin turbo kits on stock motors will put about 600 to the wheels

Impounded
    interesting

Medium Blue Metallic
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I raced my friend's 2002 powerstroke (chip, exhaust, other goodies) from a dig. He will definetly beat you off the line, bad. He will put it in 4x4 and braketorque it so hard all 4 tires will squeek and then he will be gone. However by 40mph I was reeling him in and at around 90mph I flew by so fast he looked like he was standing still. That is why he only wants to race up to 100mph, those trucks have nothing at higher speeds. Just race him to 120 to be sure.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 99bluebird View Post
    I raced my friend's 2002 powerstroke (chip, exhaust, other goodies) from a dig. He will definetly beat you off the line, bad. He will put it in 4x4 and braketorque it so hard all 4 tires will squeek and then he will be gone. However by 40mph I was reeling him in and at around 90mph I flew by so fast he looked like he was standing still. That is why he only wants to race up to 100mph, those trucks have nothing at higher speeds. Just race him to 120 to be sure.
    Trust me if he is a good driver he will not get beat from a dig by a chipped/exhaust truck. Sounds like you need to practice your launch if you got beat to 40mph by that truck.

Medium Blue Metallic
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Not true. Have you ever raced an awd wrx sti or anything awd? It is simply impossible to get as good of a bite as they do. I have a 3000 stall and barely even spun until second. Unless you are sporting fatass drag slicks you will get beat right off the line. Regardless though you will reel him in as soon as second hits.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Not true. Have you ever raced an awd wrx sti or anything awd? It is simply impossible to get as good of a bite as they do. I have a 3000 stall and barely even spun until second. Unless you are sporting fatass drag slicks you will get beat right off the line. Regardless though you will reel him in as soon as second hits.
    You can not even compare a STI to a large 4wd truck. I live in a town where big diesel trucks are latest and greatest fad, and I have rode in a 2006 cummins with a chip/exhaust/intake . And I have rode in a chipped/exhaust/intake powerstroke similiar to the powersroke you raced. Both were 4wd. There is still absolutely no comparison between a chipped/exhaust/intake 4wd diesel and our cars even from 0-40. It takes AT least a turbo upgrade and full supporting mods to come close to running with our cars at any speed. You probly need to put your pipe down and stop comparing STIs with slightly modded 4wd diesels. Yes STIs amd EVOs will get us from 0-40, but a 4wd diesel wont unless it is heavily MODDED. I dont consider chipped/exhaust/intake truck to be heavily modded. Like I said before heavily modded has to at least have a bigger turbo with full supporting mods.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    You can not even compare a STI to a large 4wd truck. I live in a town where big diesel trucks are latest and greatest fad, and I have rode in a 2006 cummins with a chip/exhaust/intake . And I have rode in a chipped/exhaust/intake powerstroke similiar to the powersroke you raced. Both were 4wd. There is still absolutely no comparison between a chipped/exhaust/intake 4wd diesel and our cars even from 0-40. It takes AT least a turbo upgrade and full supporting mods to come close to running with our cars at any speed. You probly need to put your pipe down and stop comparing STIs with slightly modded 4wd diesels. Yes STIs amd EVOs will get us from 0-40, but a 4wd diesel wont unless it is heavily MODDED. I dont consider chipped/exhaust/intake truck to be heavily modded. Like I said before heavily modded has to at least have a bigger turbo with full supporting mods.
    I really like my car too but damn sounds like you think nothing ever could beat your car like it or not some slightly modded trucks are pretty fast and I do have a diesel truck with a couple things on it a few more and it would probably beat a stock f-body up to 100

Medium Blue Metallic
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

This is so dumb. I like how you are ignoring the obvious factor here-tires. I am talking street tires like most of us run. A slightly modded diesel will have about the same power/weight ratio as our cars (330/3400lbs vs 500/6000lbs) and will have no traction problems whatsoever. You must have drag radials or slicks. Congratulations.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

This is so dumb. I like how you are ignoring the obvious factor here-tires. I am talking street tires like most of us run. A slightly modded diesel will have about the same power/weight ratio as our cars (330/3400lbs vs 500/6000lbs) and will have no traction problems whatsoever. You must have drag radials or slicks. Congratulations.
    Im not saying a well built deisel is not going to beat a stock f bod hell there are tons of vids on the net. BUT on this thread right now we are talking about a chipped/exhaust/intake diesel, not one with a full turbo back exhaust, bigger turbo, injectors, etc.... Most diesels dont weigh 6000 pounds, most weigh 7000-8000 pounds, The only truck i know that is at that wieght is a 2wd regular cab powerstroke, and he has hell with catching traction.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    I really like my car too but damn sounds like you think nothing ever could beat your car like it or not some slightly modded trucks are pretty fast and I do have a diesel truck with a couple things on it a few more and it would probably beat a stock f-body up to 100
    You actually helped my argument, thanks, by sayin with a few MORE things. Right now you probly have a chip and exhaust correct? Like I said you going to need a full turbo back exhaust, bigger turbo, and injectors to beat a f bod to 100mph. Like you said a few more things...

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

This thread has way to many variables in it. The original poster has never told us what was done to the truck. But either way I wish I had a 4wd diesel for a dd especially right now when its snowing. They are just a little to expensive for my budget right now. We can all agree on one thing and that is that diesel trucks are the shit...

green
    98 formula

You actually helped my argument, thanks, by sayin with a few MORE things. Right now you probly have a chip and exhaust correct? Like I said you going to need a full turbo back exhaust, bigger turbo, and injectors to beat a f bod to 100mph. Like you said a few more things...
    yes I have chip,and exhaust if I added propane it would get the job done of course my clucth would slip like crazy a short shifter would help to its pretty hard to shift fast

green
    98 formula

Im not saying a well built deisel is not going to beat a stock f bod hell there are tons of vids on the net. BUT on this thread right now we are talking about a chipped/exhaust/intake diesel, not one with a full turbo back exhaust, bigger turbo, injectors, etc.... Most diesels dont weigh 6000 pounds, most weigh 7000-8000 pounds, The only truck i know that is at that wieght is a 2wd regular cab powerstroke, and he has hell with catching traction.
    most newer ones do weigh that much but the dodges up to 2002 were fairly light

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

all the bullshit aside if it has a twin turbo it will probably be a tough one
    ive seen lots of these thing running low 7's in the eighth mile

Black
    00 WS6

find out if he has anything from banks or bully dog on his truck.....anyone that wants to race for money probably does.

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

Yeah if this guy really wants to race for money he's got something. I've seen 12.0 out of a lifted, 98 cummins/with a plow setup to boot (plow obviously was not mounted), beat a Z06 (C5) at New England Dragway last year. Ouch!

Back in the day I always raced GN's, Mustang's, IROC's in my 86 shelby turbo omni. Everybody always laughed at first, but I won every race except one to a Cuda. I had him out of the hole really good, then he just walked away after he hooked up.
    Before someone says no way, remember that a GN to be quick needs slicks and to be iced down for 20 minutes. Never lost to a GN on the street.
    check out www.turbododge.com for some nasty sleepers.

Let us know what happens. If I were you, I would install a dry 50 shot for insurance. Now, WHEN you win, this dude just split the cost of it with you

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGLHS View Post
    Before someone says no way, remember that a GN to be quick needs slicks and to be iced down for 20 minutes. Never lost to a GN on the street.

Where did you here a GN needs to be iced down? Nobody I know does this....By the way, wanna race?
    '70 Buick GSX Yellow matching #'s
    '87 Buick GN, 10.66 @ 128... looks stock
    '06 Jeep SRT8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information