blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

anyone race any srt8's, paticularly the charger srt8

my boss at work has a 06' charger srt8 and i was wondering if anyone has raced against one and how did it turn out. i know the charger has more horses than an ls1 but they are also pretty heavy(4 doors). my car has the 345 hp slp performance package, slp power tune, k&n filter, and g-force drag radials. i guess what i really want to know is, am i gonna get my doors blown off or do i have a chance at winning? my boss seems pretty cocky that he will win, he talks a lot of shit about chevys so it would feel good to shut him up. his car is around 450 horses. so im kinda nervous, this is for bragging rights at work let me know what you think. Oh and my car is an m6 by the way. charger is slap stick

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I raced a new SRT-8 charger with the 6.1 hemi twice last weekend; both races from a stop with me having crappy tires. Both times he beat me out of the hole by 1-2 car lengths, but when I caught traction, I started pulling on him. He shut down around 110mph and had a half car on me both times.

My mods are slp lid, cai, k&n, lt headers, ory, and borla exhaust. Hope this helps

Black
    01 Camaro SS

W/ the drag radials alone, you will have enough to win on the street. They have 425 horses so if he's saying 450, he doesn't even know his own car. Take him for a walk bro. They're fast, but not anywhere near out of LS1 territory. Shut him TFU....
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

10's N/A

Only once, in my vette. He couldn't hang.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

thanks for the feedback. he brought his truck today, he said the charger was in the shop(something electrical). when we run i will post the results.

Light Pewter
    2000 WS-6 Trans Am

I have a Magnum SRT-8 and a WS-6. Stock to stock, they're real close. With your bolt-ons, good driving should win. And ImpalaSSpeed96 is right, 425hp for the 6.1. Let us know what excuse he uses when you beat him.

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

if you can launch and have half-decent tires, my money's on you

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My one and only "race" so far has been against a Charger SRT8. I felt pretty confident when I saw him (in my mirror) weaving through traffic trying to catch up to me. I felt confident because I thought it was just an RT Charger with the smaller Hemi.

I admit I was a little unsure when I saw the SRT8 emblems instead, lol...

Anyway, we both caught the redlight...when it turned green I jumped him by 3-4 car lengths and he never got any closer than that...in fact, I pulled away a little more in the higher rpm's of 2nd gear. Right after I hit Drive, we both had to let up. He wasn't very happy with his results...lol. I even left the ASR on, so the car was down on power out of the hole.

My car is a 111,000 A4 car, and at the time had Borla catback, SLP lid, Free ram air mod, tb bypass, descreened maf, and a Vinci tuner I had just installed that day. FWIW, I have Yokohama regular old Z rated radials (275/40/17's)

I was pretty pleased with the outcome, especially after reading up a little on them when I got home. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with him again, since the car now has JetHot longtubes/ORY, 342 gears, and a REAL tune flashed into it.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Thread Information