Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

anybody know....

This is a discussion on anybody know.... within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 67camarors ok that cool thanks for the help... within the next few months im plannin on getting: ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67camarors View Post
    ok that cool thanks for the help... within the next few months im plannin on getting: air lid, filter and drag radials... i plan on racing in sportsman for a while so i cant go faster than 13.00... after i decide to move up i plan on getting a 3200 yank stall
    get a stall asap. itll wake things up a bit.
    word of caution, watch that 10 bolt rear on the dr's. but i think youll be fine since youre an auto

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    what??? the throttle plate isnt WO? if this is true im gonna have a fit... did you do that mod Blue?
    stupid but true. From the factory your blade at WOT is significantly less than 90 degrees. Yes, i have done the mod on my car. Every little bit helps. You just grind a little metal off so it can open more. If you have an autotap program you can see the exact degree #s and do it very precisely. But if you don't like most of us, then just you your eyes and stop before it looks like 90..

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    stupid but true. From the factory your blade at WOT is significantly less than 90 degrees. Yes, i have done the mod on my car. Every little bit helps. You just grind a little metal off so it can open more. If you have an autotap program you can see the exact degree #s and do it very precisely. But if you don't like most of us, then just you your eyes and stop before it looks like 90..
    well what a crock of shit. thanks for the info though... i wouldnt ever think to check if it was where it should be at WOT.....more bullshit......

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

so you say go with a stall before the other mods? my car went 13.57 with nothing done on street tires. Arent the stall converters supposed to shave 4-5 tenths? that would put me right at about 13.00

Awaiting Activation
    so you say go with a stall before the other mods? my car went 13.57 with nothing done on street tires. Arent the stall converters supposed to shave 4-5 tenths? that would put me right at about 13.00
    its your choice, but either way a lid & DR's or a stall and you will be very close to your 13.00

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

yea... i think i might go with the less expensive of the options. the lid filter and drs. then this summer i'll probably end up getting a stall... i never expected to be that fast stock... so i was planning on getting all of those right away... now my plans have changed

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    its your choice, but either way a lid & DR's or a stall and you will be very close to your 13.00
    oh shit yeah get a lid right now, thats mandatory. all i know is if i had an auto i would stall it first thing. why not squeeze everything out of the stock set up first ya know??
    guy i run around with has a 00 z. mickey thompson drs out back, huge!!!!
    he has headers, y pipe and a magnaflow catback, 3200 stall. hes running 12.30s last time i checked.
    pretty sure he has the headers....

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

yea... first thing for sure is the filter lid and drs if i have a few tenths to give up then the stall will be coming but like i said... i cant be faster than 13.00

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

so to get back onto the original post... what will the 350z have to do to compete with me if i get drs a filter and lid?

Pewter
    2000 z28

yea... first thing for sure is the filter lid and drs if i have a few tenths to give up then the stall will be coming but like i said... i cant be faster than 13.00
    watch yourself suprise....yourself

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

well i know if i get all the mods i want i will be faster than 13. what i meant was that to race sportsman in nhra i cant go faster than 13.00... thats what i was tryin to say... did u mean that with those things i would be faster than 13?

Pewter
    2000 z28

well i know if i get all the mods i want i will be faster than 13. what i meant was that to race sportsman in nhra i cant go faster than 13.00... thats what i was tryin to say... did u mean that with those things i would be faster than 13?
    yep. and whats this sportsman thing???
    details......

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

sportsman is an nhra bracket racing class that cars can be 13.00 and slower... im just starting to drag race and some of the veteran racers say that i need to race this class for a while until i get better at racing... its for points and its all about consistancy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information