Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

340rwhp...Good ET?

This is a discussion on 340rwhp...Good ET? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; With 340 hp and a good launch and 60' time I say you might be looking at times between 12.8-13.3....

  1. #21
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    With 340 hp and a good launch and 60' time I say you might be looking at times between 12.8-13.3.

  2. #22
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    the fastest one that won was 11.96 with sts turbo kit and 150 shot of nos.
    I have gone 11.97 on motor at Bandimere.
    Should be better soon as well.

  3. #23
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    I'm making 397rwhp, i ran a 12.7 @115 with a 2.132 60ft on street tires. at sea level at about 70 degrees F.

  4. #24
    Member SpeedWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    189

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I'm making 397rwhp, i ran a 12.7 @115 with a 2.132 60ft on street tires. at sea level at about 70 degrees F.

    With a launch around 1.8 you will be getting mid to low 12s.

  5. #25
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I'm making 397rwhp, i ran a 12.7 @115 with a 2.132 60ft on street tires. at sea level at about 70 degrees F.
    you need more wheel time.
    115 mph is a high 11 second trap speed.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vicksburg, MS
    Posts
    230

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

    My stock SS ran a flat 13 the first time I tried it and I wasn't even getting on it as hard as possible. You should to about 12.8, easily.

  7. #27
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I have gone 11.97 on motor at Bandimere.
    Should be better soon as well.
    I was just stateing the super chevy weekend. Im waterbox and starting gate so if I see your car ill give u a shout... Are you going to run tm? Ill be racing tm and friday and saturday at bracket nationals. what mods do you have?
    Matt

  8. #28
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    you need more wheel time.
    115 mph is a high 11 second trap speed.
    ya i havent been to the track that many times.do you have A4 or M6? also do you use slicks?

  9. #29
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    I was just stateing the super chevy weekend. Im waterbox and starting gate so if I see your car ill give u a shout... Are you going to run tm? Ill be racing tm and friday and saturday at bracket nationals. what mods do you have?
    Matt
    Stroker.

    I am looking to run again at the Test 'n Tune on the 19th of September.
    Weekends are pretty full for me, so it is easiest for me to get down to Bandi on Wednesday nights right now.

  10. #30
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Stroker.

    I am looking to run again at the Test 'n Tune on the 19th of September.
    Weekends are pretty full for me, so it is easiest for me to get down to Bandi on Wednesday nights right now.
    thats tight bud, i will be there in my white 99 z28

  11. #31
    ruff ruff rotwiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    WA State
    Age
    51
    Posts
    481

    LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

    I have right in that area RWHP...340's and run a 12.6 all day and my car is really heavy, no weight reduction at all..and I am a big guy... I have dipped down into the 12.4's on a real good day when cool outside and track was like glue. My car isn't even tuned well, just a Predator tune with a dyno run to make my Air fuel good. The 3400 stall converter helped my car a lot. Before the stall converter and same horsepower I was running 13.0's and every once in awhile 12.9's. My mods are LT FLP headers with cats, 3400 stall, stock rear with 3:42's added, Predator tune, home done dremel ported tb, tranny cooler, shift improver kit... Nitto DR's, stock springs, bilstein shocks, LCA's stb and boxed sfc's.. my 60 foot times are in the 1.54's.

  12. #32
    ruff ruff rotwiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    WA State
    Age
    51
    Posts
    481

    LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

    340-350 rwhp is in the 400 engine horsepower area. I dyno'd 284 rwhp stock and ran a 13.8 in my a4 with 2.73 gears(which is a little low for the norm). With 15% drivetrain loss in my a4 added to the 342 sae rwhp it would put me in the 393 engine hp area...but I think the drivetrain loss is more like 20% for a A4 which would put me over 400.

  13. #33
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You got the trunk full of sand bags or something?
    LOL,,,,I was going to say the same thing. I guess we are the only ones that noticed this little discrepency?

    My Vert only comes in at 3,620 lbs. with 3/4 tank of gas and everything still attatched that came from the factory.

    900 lbs. less would put the car under 3,000 lbs. Thats Vega V-8 territory,,,,don't ask me how I know,,,,lol.

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Longmont Co.
    Posts
    6
    Sometimes you need to consider the source to avoid being influenced by misinformation.
    In this situation the customer did not follow the advice provided by Matthews Super Shop and was trying to get something for nothing. Maybe it would be best to check us out and make your own decision.

  15. #35
    Junior Member Doric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    65

    Quicksilver
    2004 Pontiac GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewssupershop View Post
    Sometimes you need to consider the source to avoid being influenced by misinformation.
    In this situation the customer did not follow the advice provided by Matthews Super Shop and was trying to get something for nothing. Maybe it would be best to check us out and make your own decision.
    Outright false, but we'll let people make their own judgment based on the facts posted here.

    I did, however, pay something for nothing.

    Cheers.

  16. #36
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    I just ran down at Bandimere lastnight I ran 14.44 @ 102.78 with 338.2 hp and 343.4 trq as of dyno yesterday.

  17. #37
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    With 330 dyno'ed hp and tq I'm getting down to 12.4 with a 1.8 60's. The dyno and track run were both with a Vilgilante 3000, so the hp and tq #'s are probably quite a bit lower than they should be for the mods done but the times are great. I can't wait for winter and the temps to drop.

    PS - Its great being at sea level but it sucks having to deal with the 80-90 degree air temps in Houston.
    thats a pretty decent 60'. any suspension?


    good time for an auto for sure! good time period.

  18. #38
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by rotwiler View Post
    I have right in that area RWHP...340's and run a 12.6 all day and my car is really heavy, no weight reduction at all..and I am a big guy... I have dipped down into the 12.4's on a real good day when cool outside and track was like glue. My car isn't even tuned well, just a Predator tune with a dyno run to make my Air fuel good. The 3400 stall converter helped my car a lot. Before the stall converter and same horsepower I was running 13.0's and every once in awhile 12.9's. My mods are LT FLP headers with cats, 3400 stall, stock rear with 3:42's added, Predator tune, home done dremel ported tb, tranny cooler, shift improver kit... Nitto DR's, stock springs, bilstein shocks, LCA's stb and boxed sfc's.. my 60 foot times are in the 1.54's.
    great 60'! i like your style. good times for sure.!

    you auto guys, good times!

  19. #39
    Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Galveston, TX
    Age
    38
    Posts
    328

    NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    thats a pretty decent 60'. any suspension?


    good time for an auto for sure! good time period.
    Thanks! I bought the car with MTI stage 1 heads (no cam) with back lathe valves, ls6 springs, Flowmaster (with cut-out), torsen 3.42 differential, and welded SFC. The SFC is still the only suspension mod I have. I have been wanting to get a set of lower control arms and then a torque arm. I ran a best of 13.0 with BFG g-force KDWs and stock t/c and trans.
    I've only been to the track once, and it was in the middle of Texas' summer, since adding BFG 255-50-16 dr, 1 7/8 kooks lt, ory, Corsa cat-back, 3000 stall, beefed up trans rebuild, and tune. I dropped the pressure down to 16 psi on my last run and broke the sprag gear about 20 feet of the line but that was going to be by far my best launch, possibly high 1.6s but definately low 1.7s. From now on I will always launch in 2, which bypasses the sprags, then shift into D once I get a ways down the track. At least it works that way for a '98.
    What I need now is a cam, ls6 intake, and lower control arms. I hope to dip well into the 11's when its all done.

  20. #40
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya i havent been to the track that many times.do you have A4 or M6? also do you use slicks?
    stalled A4 with BFG drag tires

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need a Good Mechanic or a Good Garage
    By FastTA in forum General Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
  2. Good LAN IM?
    By Blown Interceptor in forum Computers / Gaming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 02:07 PM
  3. Red light cameras too good for their own good?
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 11:48 AM
  4. good day good kill.
    By 95Fyrebyrd in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 09:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •