Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

1st ever 1/4mi times...

This is a discussion on 1st ever 1/4mi times... within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by odarabla First off your 60ft. sucks... already been stated by me in the original post, but thank ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by odarabla View Post
    First off your 60ft. sucks...
    already been stated by me in the original post, but thank you for your additional positive comment regarding my 60' time...

you must be spinning your ass off...
    actually im bogging, if you would have read post #3, again as stated by me, this this comment need not be said...

Second, with as much power as you have in that car you should run low 12's high 11's...
    i know, i need practice, again in post #3...

What kind of tires are you running? What is your RPM at launch?
    note, please see post #3...

Also your trap speed is matching what your 1/4 should be at. Maybe the car isn't making as much power as you think it is. (not an insult). I was reading one of your other threads and you said you where making 409/386rwhp when you made these passes. The car I just bought dynoed 405rwhp and my 1/4 time was 11.6 @ 122.8mph 60ft was 1.6. ( I took it to the track Sat.).
    i know my trap speed is indicates what my times "should be" but as my title states, this was my 1st TIME OUT TO a 1/4mi TRACK w/my car...

i am fully aware of what my car made at the time. i had one dyno shop (RPM) record 408/388, and another shop (LG) record 409/386. also, i have a fellow member of this sight (DJValy) was there as well for my run and can verify the numbers. no worries, no insult taken...

in regards to your car 'versus' mine. each car is different and each car reacts different to even the same mods. it's also not stated if you are an A4 or an M6, or even your mods. also, chances are you have probably made more passes than myself, a testament that practice is key in finding out what works. BTW, good numbers on your run...

Maybe have your transmission checked, your clutch might be slipping. With that much power you should be trapping at least 119mph to 123mph. And from what you said about 4-th gear up top maybe it is your transmission.
    clutch is not slipping there is only 41k on the car and less than 7k with all the work done. i have owned the car for 20k of those miles (2nd owner). as for 4th gear, well, that's the master/slave issue every M6 owner has/had at some point. when the time comes for a new clutch those will be replaced. my goal with my car was to have a strong street car, not a 1/4mi queen. running with the stock 10-bolt limits me, but untils it blows it's what im running with...

i appreciate your feedback, and i know that there is significant room for improvement on my part in regards to my driving and getting down the combination that works for me, to give me a 1/4mi time that i will be pleased with.

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    already been stated by me in the original post, but thank you for your additional positive comment regarding my 60' time...

actually im bogging, if you would have read post #3, again as stated by me, this this comment need not be said...

i know my trap speed is indicates what my times "should be" but as my title states, this was my 1st TIME OUT TO a 1/4mi TRACK w/my car...

i am fully aware of what my car made at the time. i had one dyno shop (RPM) record 408/388, and another shop (LG) record 409/386. also, i have a fellow member of this sight (DJValy) was there as well for my run and can verify the numbers. no worries, no insult taken...

in regards to your car 'versus' mine. each car is different and each car reacts different to even the same mods. it's also not stated if you are an A4 or an M6, or even your mods. also, chances are you have probably made more passes than myself, a testament that practice is key in finding out what works. BTW, good numbers on your run...

clutch is not slipping there is only 41k on the car and less than 7k with all the work done. i have owned the car for 20k of those miles (2nd owner). as for 4th gear, well, that's the master/slave issue every M6 owner has/had at some point. when the time comes for a new clutch those will be replaced. my goal with my car was to have a strong street car, not a 1/4mi queen. running with the stock 10-bolt limits me, but untils it blows it's what im running with...

i appreciate your feedback, and i know that there is significant room for improvement on my part in regards to my driving and getting down the combination that works for me, to give me a 1/4mi time that i will be pleased with.

ok I feel the heat.. No punt intended.. My car has a A4 transmission with the stock 10 bolt rear end and 3.42 gear. LT headers, Stock LS6 trottle body, 3 1/2" magnaflow exhaust, LS7 cams, cat delete, SLP Lid, and a custom tune.. Looking for a good set of heads to go with my car.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i think someone was when they skimmed your post lol

or ahahha it is a long ass story though

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

no issues here guys. everything is good...

no issues here guys. everything is good...
    nice runs Brian, especially for your first 1/4mi run!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

LS7 cams
    How many?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    How many?

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

How many?
    HEHE Sorry

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

HEHE Sorry
    No problem.

How are you liking that cam by the way?? In a stock cubed LS1 correct?

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

No problem.

How are you liking that cam by the way?? In a stock cubed LS1 correct?
    Don't really know at this time. I haven't had much time to ride it around. I just picked up the car this weekend and all the work was already done to it. I'll let you know..

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

I like your times you have a badass car . I don't need you to run a 11.. to prove that.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fast enough Z28 View Post
    I like your times you have a badass car . I don't need you to run a 11.. to prove that.
    same here! Brian's car is loud and mean, don't need you to get the 1.7 60' to prove you can do it. let the others break shit up, ... besides I know you are comfortable in your own skin with what you got, a bad ass street car! same here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information