Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

1997 RS vs. 1986 Iroc-Z

This is a discussion on 1997 RS vs. 1986 Iroc-Z within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; yea i thought there never was a 5speed lt1? i heard they couldnt handle the amount of torque...

  1. #61
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    yea i thought there never was a 5speed lt1? i heard they couldnt handle the amount of torque

  2. #62
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    yes they did
    I'd ask you to prove it, but we've already seen that you can't prove it beyond saying that someone you knew supposedly had one, so I won't bother.

    Bob

  3. #63
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I'd ask you to prove it, but we've already seen that you can't prove it beyond saying that someone you knew supposedly had one, so I won't bother.

    Bob
    the only two options are im either mistaken, or im lying.

    he had the sticker/option list/documentation or whatever u want to call it, so im sure im not mistaken.

    and flat out lying would be pretty retarded and would give me o satasfaction at all.

    so well just leave it at that. im sure i could find a better way to prove it, but its not worth the effort.

  4. #64
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    yea i thought there never was a 5speed lt1? i heard they couldnt handle the amount of torque
    thats like saying the 4L60E cant handle the ammount of torq... but they put them in there didnt they.

  5. #65
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    the only two options are im either mistaken, or im lying.

    he had the sticker/option list/documentation or whatever u want to call it, so im sure im not mistaken.

    and flat out lying would be pretty retarded and would give me o satasfaction at all.

    so well just leave it at that. im sure i could find a better way to prove it, but its not worth the effort.
    You're not lying, your not wrong, so there's our proof. Do you believe things you read on the internet, even if everything else we can find says it is NOT available?

    Sorry charlie....another baseless internet rumor, IMHO. Provide evidence to the contrary, and I'll be the first to come here and apologize and tell you I was wrong.

    Bob

  6. #66
    Junior Member king_speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    ORANGE CITY,FL
    Posts
    63

    red
    2000 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    the end for which car? tpi or v6?
    I think he meant the end of discussion.

  7. #67
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    You're not lying, your not wrong, so there's our proof. Do you believe things you read on the internet, even if everything else we can find says it is NOT available?

    Sorry charlie....another baseless internet rumor, IMHO. Provide evidence to the contrary, and I'll be the first to come here and apologize and tell you I was wrong.

    Bob
    its not proof... its logic

  8. #68
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    thats like saying the 4L60E cant handle the ammount of torq... but they put them in there didnt they.
    Comparing the auto to the manual is not apples to apples. They stick the weak autos in these cars because to put it simply,,,,the autos will not incorporate the drivetrain shock the manuals can inflict. The 700r4 that is the predocessor to the 4l60E is also weak in stock form,,,but it survives as well. You simply put them in gear and go, no driveline shock, no banging shifts, they are designed to be easy on themselves from the beginning.
    The manuals on the other hand (the weak 5 speed in particular) is more in the driver hands, and can be abused anyway they see fit,,,popping clutches, slamming gears,,,all this stuff is very hard on the transmission,,,,which is why they were never installed behind anything larger than a 305. They just cannot handle the torque capability of the 350 TPI or the 350 LT1, the trans would simply take itself apart.

    Comparing durability in manual transmissions to auto transmissions is so far out of wack I can't even put it into words. They are on 2 completely different playing fields.

  9. #69
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    but see, the thing is, they did put the 5 speed behind an LT1. and rather than mee prove it to u, how bout u prove me wrong. u do that then well talk more.

  10. #70
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    its not proof... its logic
    Really? Ok, let's look at this logically. You say you know a 5-speed was available, because a buddy had one with all the documentation, yada yada yada. You can show us nothing - only tell us this on an internet forum.

    Everybody else says that the only manual tranny available for the 93+ Z28/Formula/TA is a T56 6-Speed. A simple search or three will show this conclusively. For example:

    An Edmunds Write-up. Note where the article states "Behind it was either a four-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission."

    Details of the 1993 Camaro, including tranny options near the bottom of the page. Also, note the full options page. I didn't see a 5-speed tranny as an option. Perhaps you can find it for us?

    Here's the same thing for 94. You can also find 95, 96, etc via links on that page. Thinking logically, one would reason that if a 5-Speed was available with the LT1, it would be mentioned somewhere in there. Don't you think?

    From cargurus.com, specs on the 94 Camaro. Note where it has an "N/A" under the Z28 column in the 5-speed line, and where it has "STD" for the 6-speed. Note also that if the 5-speed had been an option, it would have had "OPT" instead of "N/A". As in the above links, the same thing is also available for other years.

    From the F-body.org 4th Gen General FAQ page, and from the related F-body.org 4th Gen Drivetrain FAQ page...only 6 speeds. Of course, as I'm sure you know, the 93 had a different version(s), but it was still a T56, and still had 6 gears.

    Now let's consider all of this 'logically'.

    You say there were some factory 5-Speed LT1s, yet you have no documentation to back this up.

    Everybody else here says there was no such thing, and above is just SOME of the documentation to back that up.

    What does 'logic' dictate? That's a pretty easy one - you are wrong.

    Personally, I think you were looking at a V6 car (which did indeed have a T5), and now just don't want to admit being wrong. However, given the benefit of the doubt, I've presented my proof - that anybody here can check out for themselves - that there was no such thing as a Factory LT1 with a 5-speed transmission. Now it is your turn to "talk", as you put it.

    'Put up or shut up', I believe is the operative phrase here.

    Bob

  11. #71
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    this thread will get locked soon if this goes on...
    drew, no offense, but its much easier to prove that something is true than to prove something ISNT true. im not pickin sides here, im just sayin maybe u should post up some RPO codes or w.e... all the info on the net so far points to the fact that there wasnt any 5speed trannys for lt1's.
    its not that i dont believe u, its just going to take SOMETHING to get me to believe it.

  12. #72
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    yeah, i thought this was settled back on 5/28. i'll give it until the end of the night for him to present any internet proof. then, it's locked.

  13. #73
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    yeah, i thought this was settled back on 5/28. i'll give it until the end of the night for him to present any internet proof. then, it's locked.
    good idea yea at least let him try to prove himself right.

  14. #74
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    As previously stated, present the evidence that I'm wrong, and I'll be the first to apologize/admit it.

    Bob

  15. #75
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    As previously stated, present the evidence that I'm wrong, and I'll be the first to apologize/admit it.

    Bob
    way to be reasonable.

    like i said, im not pickin sides. im just interested to see if this is true or not

  16. #76
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    chirp












    chirp













    chirp

  17. #77
    Member drewhenderson13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    400

    Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

    i was just trying to share a bit of interesting information on a rarity (5 speed in a lt1). not start an argument. but u all want to get on here and act like ****** (insert ur own word i dont feel like getting another warning) and say u dont believe me.

    i just talked to my friend. like i said befor it was a special order. that means u tell the dealership every specific option u want and they get u one, not a one off from some custom shop or some crap like that, u can do that at any dealership u want when u buy a new car. its not a strange thing.

    of course its not going to be on these option lists ur looking up on the net. it wasnt a standard option. so thats no proof to me at all.

    but ill give u the same courtesy, u prove me wrong and ill apoligise. but seing is thats not possible, i wont have to worry about it. ive personally seen a 95 lt1 camaro with a 5speed. u on the other hand have not seen every 95 camaro in existence and can not say that none of them had 5speeds. thats logic

    so all u can do is flat out call me a liar... and this i dont apprechiate

    and i found out his perticular car still exists. it was totaled but a guy in gowling green kentucky bought it and rebuilt it. its a 95 z28

    and no im not going to go find it and show u... but ur welcome to take a trip down there and look it up... i believe its red (but he had to repaint it so it could be any color now)

    so put up or shut up urselfe...

    dont bother responding caus i wont respond to this thread anymore. ive said enough and have no need to convince anyone any further.

    go ahead and lock it fellas

  18. #78
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    It's not a rarity - it's a falicy. When you post such falicies on an interent message forum without any evidence (at all) to back it up, you should expect to be called on it. That's the internet, you would be wise to get used to it.

    I don't think you're lying, I just think you're wrong. I provided you plenty of proof - far more than just "my buddy has...err...had one". You chose to ignore it. Guess that's up to you.

    "Special Order" (which is a misnomer in and of itself) would still have to be ordered from the factory (as you implied). In order to do this, there would have to be an RPO code. One of the links above had all the RPOs that were available for each year the LT1 was available. None of them listed an 5-speed for an LT1 car. As such, there is ample proof that a 5-speed was not available. Once again, you choose to ignore this.

    I have little doubt you would want this thread locked. If I were in your shoes, I'd want out of it as soon as possible too.

    Have a great day!
    Bob

  19. #79
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    ok we are done.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LSX 1986 Camaro
    By 1nasty86 in forum LSx Retrofit and Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 08:28 PM
  2. Gauging Interest: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
    By 86 IROC-Z in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 10:25 PM
  3. 1986 Iroc
    By Larsen89 in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 07:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •