Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

12's own my ass

This is a discussion on 12's own my ass within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 It's easier said then done with an M6 on street tires. Oh, and stock suspension/ shocks ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    It's easier said then done with an M6 on street tires.
    Oh, and stock suspension/ shocks with 85,000 on the clock.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    illinois
    Age
    35
    Posts
    106

    torch red
    99 c5

    haha.. i remember my 1st 12 second pass. in my corvette. i always ran 13.0 13.2's all day.. the first day i got my nitrous hooked up. i ran a 12.8 without the spray.. i was so freaking happy. .i was like man with the spray i should get 11's.. blew my motor on my first run with the spray.

  3. #23
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by c5andtyphoon View Post
    haha.. i remember my 1st 12 second pass. in my corvette. i always ran 13.0 13.2's all day.. the first day i got my nitrous hooked up. i ran a 12.8 without the spray.. i was so freaking happy. .i was like man with the spray i should get 11's.. blew my motor on my first run with the spray.
    Damn! Sorry for your bad luck!!! I have my new exhaust, tune, and new 02 sensors now, so I'm hoping that with a little bit of traction I can get into the 12's...Time shall tell

    What did/are you going to be doing for a rebuild?

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    illinois
    Age
    35
    Posts
    106

    torch red
    99 c5

    already did the build.

    i now a 408 stroker motor, large cam, trickflow heads, forged everything. set up for a 250 shot of nitrous. waiting on my fuel pump.

    442rwhp on mustang dyno. 430 torque

  5. #25
    Member slowgtp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eaton Rapids MI
    Posts
    116

    Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

    It always seems with any car I've had there is a wall at every even second mark. Other than the 10's which I managed in three passes. Besides that though it usually takes an entire summer or more to crack the damn barrier. You'll get there...get some tires 110 traps are 12's all day long....with traction.

  6. #26
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    That's how I felt when I was going 12.30's in my old bolt-on '93 T/A. My goal was to build a 12.0 bolt-on only LT1 and break the record which was 12.2 at the time. Never did it. Now that I think about it, I guess had I chose a Formula instead I might have done it.

  7. #27
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by slowgtp View Post
    It always seems with any car I've had there is a wall at every even second mark. Other than the 10's which I managed in three passes. Besides that though it usually takes an entire summer or more to crack the damn barrier. You'll get there...get some tires 110 traps are 12's all day long....with traction.
    Weather permitting I'll be going to the track next weekend. No tires yet though and I'll just have to pedal it outta the hole again. My goal is 12's on my current setup before the end of the season and I've since worked out my issues that have kept my car from running to it's fullest potential. Fingers crossed!!!

  8. #28
    Member fergyflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eustis, Fl
    Posts
    150

    White
    2002 Z28

    I just re-joined the forum after a 4 year break. I bought an 02 White A4 Z28 yesterday.

    I had an 02 Pewter silver A4. I had a lid and a Corsa cat-back. Most of the time it ran solid 13.3's. We had a cold day in early November at Pittsburgh Raceway Park where I was at then.

    Long story short, I ran a 13.08 at 109.xx. I was pumped and knew I had a shot at 12's. The track prep was good and this was the day.

    I lowered the rear tire pressure and pumped up the fronts to 40 and made sure the car was cooled off real good. Next pass was a 13.004 at 109.XX.

    I took out the floor mats, owners manual anything else I could find in the car that wasn't bolted down. For some reason I left the jack and spare in the car.

    I ran a 13.001 at 109.xx.

    I came back to our spot in the pits and took my spare out just in time for a guy to crash and they ended the day with that.

    Never got my 12's.

    Good luck on joining the 12 second club.

  9. #29
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I just re-joined the forum after a 4 year break. I bought an 02 White A4 Z28 yesterday.

    I had an 02 Pewter silver A4. I had a lid and a Corsa cat-back. Most of the time it ran solid 13.3's. We had a cold day in early November at Pittsburgh Raceway Park where I was at then.

    Long story short, I ran a 13.08 at 109.xx. I was pumped and knew I had a shot at 12's. The track prep was good and this was the day.

    I lowered the rear tire pressure and pumped up the fronts to 40 and made sure the car was cooled off real good. Next pass was a 13.004 at 109.XX.

    I took out the floor mats, owners manual anything else I could find in the car that wasn't bolted down. For some reason I left the jack and spare in the car.

    I ran a 13.001 at 109.xx.

    I came back to our spot in the pits and took my spare out just in time for a guy to crash and they ended the day with that.

    Never got my 12's.

    Good luck on joining the 12 second club.

    Thanks, and damn good times yourself! I wish I had an A4 for the track and my M6 for street driving

  10. #30
    BAD INFLUENCE mad3125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    aston,pa 19014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    38

    black
    1998 pontiac trans am

    yo,

    i think im finally ready to hit the track tomorrow night , i go to cecil , just cause i dont like the cops around atco , and englishtown is a hike , i am hoping to see a low 12 , and the temp is supposed to be perfect ! this car has 40 k on it i just put a fresh fully built engine in , went to englishtown , toasted a spec stage 3 , put the ls7 clutch in , a drag radial blew out on 95 coming home from atco , the rear o2's took a shit, the maf went , the egr plate came loose ,that took me a minute to catch , but after all that , now im ready to see what else can go wrong ! to make matters worse , i have easy 13 k in the enigne alone , the guy has the same car stock engine with a cam only, he destroyed the car , cause he tore everything out air,power steering,brakes,radio ,ect. but didnt this prick run 10.90 , and the car dyno'd @ 455 hp , cam only , no spray on stock bottom end, the car weighs 3200 with him in it ! and here i am cant even break into the 11's , but i have air and a monsoon ! if anybody is gonna be there tomorrow , you cant miss me , black ta with a flame job . later

  11. #31
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by mad3125 View Post
    yo,

    i think im finally ready to hit the track tomorrow night , i go to cecil , just cause i dont like the cops around atco , and englishtown is a hike , i am hoping to see a low 12 , and the temp is supposed to be perfect ! this car has 40 k on it i just put a fresh fully built engine in , went to englishtown , toasted a spec stage 3 , put the ls7 clutch in , a drag radial blew out on 95 coming home from atco , the rear o2's took a shit, the maf went , the egr plate came loose ,that took me a minute to catch , but after all that , now im ready to see what else can go wrong ! to make matters worse , i have easy 13 k in the enigne alone , the guy has the same car stock engine with a cam only, he destroyed the car , cause he tore everything out air,power steering,brakes,radio ,ect. but didnt this prick run 10.90 , and the car dyno'd @ 455 hp , cam only , no spray on stock bottom end, the car weighs 3200 with him in it ! and here i am cant even break into the 11's , but i have air and a monsoon ! if anybody is gonna be there tomorrow , you cant miss me , black ta with a flame job . later
    Dude, I'd love to be there, but I have prior plans... Your car an A4? I recently threw a rod through my block and I'm in the process of putting in an ls6 block with a cam, and can't wait until spring!

    Good luck at the track tomorrow!

  12. #32
    Junior Member blownfbody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    5

    blue
    1997 camaro

    110mph should lead to a 12.40 to 12.50 pass depending on gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •