Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

12.3 @ 109 possible on street tires?

This is a discussion on 12.3 @ 109 possible on street tires? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; He could easily be close to that if he had to let off....

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

He could easily be close to that if he had to let off.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    ok so he was at the track this weekend. i asked him what all he had. he has a 4000 stall, kook headers and y-pipe, no passenger or rear seats, and a tune.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant to say trap "speed", not trap "time". That said, a bit of spinning isn't going to make much of a difference. The bottom line is it is impossible to know what really happened and why without having actually been there and watching both run. Those that are absolutely sure that he had this, that, or the other simply don't know what they're talking about. They can't - they weren't there.

I do have a question - where is it that you are known for your "extremley good reaction times and launches"? With a stock converter, with an A4 car, you just stab the gas and steer. And reaction time would have had zero to do with the discrepancy in MPH.
    no i dont just stab the gas i manually shift my car. and this is known because i can pull constant .006-.002 constantly

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    He could easily be close to that if he had to let off.
    Disagree. Letting off early will have a HUGE affect on MPH, but a very small affect on ET. Unless, of course, he let off at the 1/8th mile...but then the MPH would have been way, way lower.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteRiderWs6 View Post
    no i dont just stab the gas i manually shift my car. and this is known because i can pull constant .006-.002 constantly
    Ok. You stab the gas and click the shifter forward twice at the exact same time. You got me.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

yeah it sounds like he just got creamed on the 60'

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

well last sunday at the test and tune night i pull up in line next to a guy with a red 99 z28 that looks and sounds stock...it was an auto like mine..we were both running Eagle F1 street tires..when we lined up in our lanes i had a near perfect reaction time and he pulled about 3 CARS on me from the go and his car sounded stock and he was on street tires and ran a 12.3 @ 109 to my 12.8 @ 109....how is that possible i know there isnt much improvement in my driving....could it maybe be a stall? i know for sure he didnt have a cam because his car was way to quite
    ok so he was at the track this weekend. i asked him what all he had. he has a 4000 stall, kook headers and y-pipe, no passenger or rear seats, and a tune.

You stated that it sounded stock in your first description. If he has a stock cam and a 4000 convertor and NO bottle........ Sorry but he is not going to be running 12.30's on Eagle radials.

And on him taking out the seats..... A 100 pounds of weight is ONLY worth .10 of a second

Next week when you see him call his BS card cause he handed it to you this weekend.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    You stated that it sounded stock in your first description. If he has a stock cam and a 4000 convertor and NO bottle........ Sorry but he is not going to be running 12.30's on Eagle radials.

And on him taking out the seats..... A 100 pounds of weight is ONLY worth .10 of a second

Next week when you see him call his BS card cause he handed it to you this weekend.
    yea his car sounds pretty stock ill have one of our first runs out of the 3 that we had on video....

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Cool.... I'm ready to hear how loose his "4000 convertor" really is.

Also look under his car next time and see if there is subframe connectors and adjustable upper control arms.

Let me know.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    heres a video of our second run..

i had some spin due to adding more tire pressure. so i ran 13.2 to his 12.3 sorry that video isnt that good and the site cut off the video before the end so u cant see our times.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/509873...s_stalled_z28/

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

KCIR....have good memories of that place...even if it was just one race.

He had you from the get-go, but as you said, the video quality just isn't good enough to tell much else.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

heres a video of our second run..

i had some spin due to adding more tire pressure. so i ran 13.2 to his 12.3 sorry that video isnt that good and the site cut off the video before the end so u cant see our times.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/509873...s_stalled_z28/
    God I would be mad as hell at who ever was TRYING to record that pass!! I hope that was the first time they filmed a pass at the track. Sorry I couldn't tell much of anything with that video.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    God I would be mad as hell at who ever was TRYING to record that pass!! I hope that was the first time they filmed a pass at the track. Sorry I couldn't tell much of anything with that video.
    lol it was my 13 year old brother....he goes well i didnt know if you wanted me to show you loosing lol

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

lol it was my 13 year old brother....he goes well i didnt know if you wanted me to show you loosing lol
    LOL..... , ,

Give him a tip and STAY AWAY FROM THE ZOOM!!
    If you go into the menu on your camera turn the digital zoom off whenever you have 's filming...... Your end up with MUCH better videos.

Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

My son has a 2001 WS6. It has a Lid, headers/exhaust, Yank 4000, and a tune, with DRs. He runs 12.18 @ 109 with 1.60 60'. He did have to put another TQ arm on it. The other one bent. But its a stock one with a different bushing. Other than that he is stock. With a 125 shot he runs 11.20. You can go to www.need2speed.com go to wheelie picture on motor, and you can see the front tire off, on launch. He is 01_Ram-Air. So his times don't surprise me at all, being stock with only a converter. I am trying to keep up with my son in my GTO, but I think I'll have to use a little spray. What do you think? Gunny
    2004 GTO, A4, Torrid Red/Blk, 1 of 1031, Yank SS3600, Dart-225s 62cc, Cometic .040, CompCams 230/236-.613/.608-112LSA, Hi Tech 7.350 pushrods, Kook 1 7/8, CAT/Reson. delete, 3" H-pipe, super 40s, Ported TB, TB bypass, 160TS, SLP MAF, JBA wires, NGK TR-55, New ERA CAI, tuned = 392hp/344tq

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

You make similar power stock (pretty close to identical power). He should have a weight advantage, but with your mods, you have more power, so it should be a goor run....assuming equal traction.

Good luck!

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Neither NHRA & IHRA don't require extra safety equipment until you hit 11.49. He's way off of that.
    Maybe he didn't know NHRA changed the rules from 11:99 or faster Roll Bar mandatory in '04 or '05 (can't find my rule books for those years) to 11:49.
    I KNOW in 2003 it was 11:99. Regardless you really don't know what someone is running unless you know them or they are very honest. We have had 'debates' on here before about what some consider 'stock'. Some don't consider "legal stock" as "stock".
    Michael
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

the 11.49 for a roll bar issue is for NA cars only, last i read. nitrous makes you go back to the 11.99 rule. convertibles are 12.99

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny's Goat View Post
    My son has a 2001 WS6. It has a Lid, headers/exhaust, Yank 4000, and a tune, with DRs. He runs 12.18 @ 109 with 1.60 60'. He did have to put another TQ arm on it. The other one bent. But its a stock one with a different bushing. Other than that he is stock. With a 125 shot he runs 11.20. You can go to www.need2speed.com go to wheelie picture on motor, and you can see the front tire off, on launch. He is 01_Ram-Air. So his times don't surprise me at all, being stock with only a converter. I am trying to keep up with my son in my GTO, but I think I'll have to use a little spray. What do you think? Gunny
    yeah, i know him. makes me jealous. less nitrous than me and close times. granted he has headers and higher stall tham me, but still. lucky boy of yours. i frequent need2speed as well.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by GA Country Boy View Post
    Maybe he didn't know NHRA changed the rules from 11:99 or faster Roll Bar mandatory in '04 or '05 (can't find my rule books for those years) to 11:49.
    I suppose anything is possible (no matter how unlikely). However, based on my experience, his MPH/ET package doesn't reflect lifting.

I KNOW in 2003 it was 11:99.
    Ok. That was 4 years ago.

Regardless you really don't know what someone is running unless you know them or they are very honest. We have had 'debates' on here before about what some consider 'stock'. Some don't consider "legal stock" as "stock".
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    the 11.49 for a roll bar issue is for NA cars only, last i read. nitrous makes you go back to the 11.99 rule. convertibles are 12.99
    I have never seen that in the NHRA rulebook. Please provide reference page and paragraph number.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I agree with traction. Your 60 ft time is were it is at. I ran 13.1@111 mph with a 2.2 60ft on street tires. Our track in Commerce is know for having horrible traction issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information