Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

12.02 @ 110.24 What do you think?

This is a discussion on 12.02 @ 110.24 What do you think? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Eagle Mine must be slower than yours because I bounce of the limiter quite a bit because ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Mine must be slower than yours because I bounce of the limiter quite a bit because my motor makes power all the way up to it! Until I started driving around and consciously comparing remembered shift points with HPT data I didn't realize just how high I had been shifting.

-Eagle
    Couldnt you just raise the limiter?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Yes, you could raise it - but I haven't upgraded my springs or push rods yet to really take the extra revs...

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

The tachs are definitely off. I told my tuner to stop at 6100 rpm on the dyno and i was watching the computer off to the side and it said 6500rpm. I asked him after, why didnt you stop at 6100? and he said he was.. Then just went on to explain how every most every F-bod hes dynoed is off.
    99 TA-T56 swapped, Lid, TB Bypass, LS6 Intake, !EGR, !AIR, Custom Cam, Mids, O/R-Y, 3:73s, Cutout, Flowmaster.
    A4 numbers w/ mids only 320RWHP 333RWTQ
    Cam numbers and track times soon.

98 NBM Hardtop Formula- Bone stock, A4, 187,000 miles
    13.8@ 103 2.1 60' 1357 DA

Pewter
    2002 WS6

The guy that dyno'd my car watched the computer readout for the tach instead of looking at the dash... and he was from a Ford tuning shop!

-Eagle

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    The tachs are definitely off. I told my tuner to stop at 6100 rpm on the dyno and i was watching the computer off to the side and it said 6500rpm. I asked him after, why didnt you stop at 6100? and he said he was.. Then just went on to explain how every most every F-bod hes dynoed is off.
    where did you go?

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I went to akron horsepower. They did a really good job and was happy with the tune. Im going back in spring to finish the tune.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    i think, while "personal bests" are cool and make interesting conversation, i like to focus on averages and consistency.
    It depends on how you like to race. My car is never the same when I take it to the track. I always have some kind of new mod or trick and my 1/4 mile times USUALLY get better every time. Therefore I can't provide an average time. Maybe if I was bracket racing I would be concerned about consistency?
    Last edited by Redegal; 01-06-2008 at 05:13 PM.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

black
    1998 WS6

Well I'm getting the fever, my skinnys and ud pulley are in and I'm going to pull some weight off the car when I put the pulley on. I was wondering if I went ahead and put on the dual springs and push-rods if thats not considered bolt-on an more. If its okay then I'll go ahead and do that so all I have left to do is put my cam in after I few bolt-on passes. See how low I can go bolt-on 1 weekend and try for a cam only passes the next.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I got the fever too but it's snowing right now and my local track doesn't open until spring.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    I got the fever too but it's snowing right now and my local track doesn't open until spring.
    Our times are close. I got a 12.0@112MPH last time out.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information