Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

10's Possible?

This is a discussion on 10's Possible? within the Drag Racing forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS I think the cam-only record for a LS1 is 10.29 @ 128mph. Obviously, that is running ...

Red
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I think the cam-only record for a LS1 is 10.29 @ 128mph. Obviously, that is running a huge converter, big boy cam, full slicks, and something like a TH350 for a tranny.
    LS1 Cam only record is 9.986 @132.17
    Last edited by scott5; 12-30-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Red
    99 Z28

Me and my gf took my low 11 secod ride to my parents house on christmas over an hr drive with the heat on in the same trim that I take it to the track on. The only guy I know who is solid mid 10s is my buddy Jay that has a decent amount of weight reduction, with ford 9in, 6spd, ms4 cam, and fast intake with quicktime pros.. He still drives to and from the track.

Atleast around me a 11 second ride is an ok ride. haha..

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Agreed. And the chances of even running into another true 11 second car on the street is slim to none. Most people don't drive that stuff on a regular basis. I know I don't.
    I could daily drive it if I had to... But I like many on here I have a DD.The 11 second ride comes out on dry weather days period. And I love those kids that have a 11 second ride. They find out different..
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 12-30-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Driving an 11 second car is easily done, as in most cases it really doesn't have to be that radical and can easily be driven. It's just that most people don't do it, they are more of a weekend toy.

My chevelle runs bottom 11's and weighs 4,100 lbs. The AC still works and it idles in traffic all day and never gets over 175 degrees in the AZ heat. I drive it to and from the track 2 hours each way and race it just as I drive it.
    It might be a bit on the thumpy side for some people, but I could drive the car daily if a cared to do so. But like most, it's a weekend toy that comes out on cruise nights.

Red
    99 Z28

Different strokes for different fokes.. To tell you the truth my tbss rides like a caddy compared to my TA even with stock suspension. Even if my TA was either a 8 second ride or a 15 second ride, I still dont drive it that much just because it rides not nearly as smooth or nice as my TBSS.

I know what you mean. Out of all the cars, my chevelle is one of the best riding, probably because it's so damn heavy I daily drive slower cars that ride like crap. I guess I'm bass ackwards

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Driving an 11 second car is easily done, as in most cases it really doesn't have to be that radical and can easily be driven. It's just that most people don't do it, they are more of a weekend toy.

My chevelle runs bottom 11's and weighs 4,100 lbs. The AC still works and it idles in traffic all day and never gets over 175 degrees in the AZ heat. I drive it to and from the track 2 hours each way and race it just as I drive it.
    It might be a bit on the thumpy side for some people, but I could drive the car daily if a cared to do so. But like most, it's a weekend toy that comes out on cruise nights.

I drove the Z for about a year when it was running 11.7's. I have to park in a parking garage at work. And many thought it was WAY thumpy when trying to find a space in the garage. Some would come over and ask about the Z. Others would look at me with a not happy face. I like you drive the Z to the track with the skinny and slicks on. But my drive is all of about 20 minutes or so. People were always stunned at the track when I told them I drive it there and then drive it home. Back then she was not a garage queen as she is now.

I mainly don't drive them much because I'm worried about theft, vandalism, or some idiot not paying attention. Safer in the garage.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

^^^ i always worry about the jerk thats not paying attention in a parking lot or something and just pull out and hits me. already happened at 7-11 once

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information