sebring silver
    2000 z28

1.59 60' on street tires.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLQ83nCjABc[/ame]
    car has 424 to the wheel, 4l60e with 3600 stall. I had to lauch it in 2nd gear because 1st was blowing off the tires. My previous passes were. 11.3 with a 1.64' 11.2 with a 1.62 60' and my first wass was a 11.4 with a 1.7 60'

no the timers weren't flawed, I normally run 1.50 60's leaving in first with mt tires on.

This pass the track, and car just happened to work. Tires on this pass were 245/50-16 riken raptor all season normal street tires.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

NICE! running very strong!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Badass vid. Great run.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

nice run! especially on street tires....whats your mods?

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    nice run! especially on street tires....whats your mods?
    tv2 cam home ported ls6 heads, fast 92, battery in trunk, fiberglass hood(stock style) bmr k-member, front sway bar removed. a few other weight redutions. bmr relocation braket for the tq arm<-----must do if you do nat have one...best suspention mod. I set the adj. 3 holes from stock location for different pinion angle, seemed to work great. full bolt ons, with electric water pump. 3.73 gears in a 12 bolt.

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing, Its kinda hard to think of all the things you did over the course of 4 years..LOL

stock springs and shocks, all motor 424 hp 375 tq unlocked tq converter.

RED
    2002/Z28

Nice vid and nice run. But couldn't you mess up the tranny leaving in 2nd I now it don't shit it stays in 2nd gear. I was told that I could burn up the converter leaving in 2nd gear..I cant wait till I get mine to run that fast..
    Last edited by EVIL-LS1; 12-21-2009 at 06:24 AM.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-LS1 View Post
    Nice vid and nice run. But couldn't you mess up the tranny leaving in 2nd I now it don't shit it stays in 2nd gear. I was told that I could burn up the converter leaving in 2nd gear..I cant wait till I get mine to run that fast..
    Yeah, I would not recommend you do what I did. I do have a big cooler, and my car is on the light side with my weight redution witch helps. I did not hot lap it either.

The reason I left in second was because my sprag was going out and on the 1-2 shit it would pop into nuetral resulting in a mid 12 run after it caught again. Tranny is now fixed.

Oh I do run john deer hygaurd in my tranny, all ot of drag racers are now doing this. They claim cooler temps by near 40 degrees and it has different additives in it for better clutch grip. My buddies jeep tranny was slipping, did a flush wit hthis stuff and it now shifts firm again, enough to get him by for the time being.

This may turn into a tranny fluid THIS THAT, but I will only run john deer hygaurd in all my autos. If you don't want to try it don't, but it seems to be working for me.

It is a 10w vs normal tranny fluid whitch is near 5w. Maybe this is the reason why it cools so much better. Also there is a different smell to it, kinda like brake fluid, that additive may be the one that helps the clutches bit harder.

Everyday tranny fluid is designed to help with smooth shifts, not firm.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I would think a thicker weight oil would smooth the shifts more. It's more resistant to motion because it's thicker. Although the blend of friction modifiers used in the hyguard fluid may be more agressive than normal tranny fluid. Another thought would be that the shifts are firmer because the fluid is indeed TOO thick. I doubt this would be the case in a tranny, especially one with any mileage on it, but putting too heavy of a weight of oil in a modern engine that calls for 5w oils can actually cause a poor lubrication condition because the tolerances are SO tight that the oil simply doesn't flow everywhere it should. causing hot spots, increased friction and ultimately early part failures.

Again I'm not claiming to know everything about trannys but I know that this is true for engines and I DO know that, especially with auto tranny's, the blend of friction modifiers used with the clutches in there is very important.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I would think a thicker weight oil would smooth the shifts more. It's more resistant to motion because it's thicker. Although the blend of friction modifiers used in the hyguard fluid may be more agressive than normal tranny fluid. Another thought would be that the shifts are firmer because the fluid is indeed TOO thick. I doubt this would be the case in a tranny, especially one with any mileage on it, but putting too heavy of a weight of oil in a modern engine that calls for 5w oils can actually cause a poor lubrication condition because the tolerances are SO tight that the oil simply doesn't flow everywhere it should. causing hot spots, increased friction and ultimately early part failures.

Again I'm not claiming to know everything about trannys but I know that this is true for engines and I DO know that, especially with auto tranny's, the blend of friction modifiers used with the clutches in there is very important.
    I agree on the motor oil. But on the tranny oil, the reason I tried this is because my tranny was starting to go out, slipping in od, now it isn't with the hygaurd, actually I have several passes on this same tranny now after the flush with hyguard. Also no smooth shifts here. It shifts firm and accurate, there are also good parts in the tranny, not stock,. I found a thread on a web site called yellowbullet, it is a forum of drag racers who near all of them have 8 and 9 sec. cars, many do their own work. there was an entire thread on changing to this hyguard fluid, figured I give it a try. It worked for me, and it worked for my buddies jeep whos tranny WAS slipping, On his we didn't even do an entire flush, just drop the pan, and add about a gallon and a half and 2 days later the tranny was holding again.

I'm not telling anyone to put this stuff in their tranny, but I will say I've had all good results with it so far, and if you compare it to B and M trickshift...it smells the same. only trickshift is $6 a quart... this stuff you can only get it in 5 gallon tub, but its for $70, divide that up and you are at about $3.50 per quart for some stuff that may be the new racing tranny fluid.

http://yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122500

^^^ just read and make of it what you will, but I'm a beleiver after my results.. my 727 in my 440 dodge ram is getting this stuff here soon as well.

Many guys are mixing hygard with reqular tranny fluid 50/50 and still seeing reduction in temps.
    Last edited by silverz28camaro; 12-23-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

nice run man.. at least i know about what my car would run if it hooked at the track
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    nice run man.. at least i know about what my car would run if it hooked at the track
    Why would you know that? A 3600 stalled auto would most likley be faster than your m6.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Why would you know that? A 3600 stalled auto would be faster than your m6.
    Fixed, and

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Wow, that's awesome. If you ran some 555 r's for a street tire that thing would be insane from a dig. Of course the street isn't the same as the track though.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Wow, that's awesome. If you ran some 555 r's for a street tire that thing would be insane from a dig. Of course the street isn't the same as the track though.
    My car does pretty good on the street as well.

here is another video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiD7UVPhThE[/ame]

this guy said his car has seen 9's and that there was not way a high 10 sec. car could run with it. but then again i only won the last race. first race i would have won, but I accidently clicked nuetral at 70 mph, got back in it and he pulled a car on me.

Black
    2001 Formula

i see your from washington missouri. what track where you at?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

1.59 on true streets I would be excited with 1.8's I don't know what I would do with myself with 1.5's.
    Granted I have a lot left to mod.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

nice!

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ls1wallen View Post
    i see your from washington missouri. what track where you at?
    Gateway, I should be there on the icebreaker coming up, but I will have mickey thomsons in back, not my street tires.

9.62/140

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post

car has 424 to the wheel, 4l60e with 3600 stall. I had to lauch it in 2nd gear because 1st was blowing off the tires. My previous passes were. 11.3 with a 1.64' 11.2 with a 1.62 60' and my first wass was a 11.4 with a 1.7 60'

no the timers weren't flawed, I normally run 1.50 60's leaving in first with mt tires on.

This pass the track, and car just happened to work. Tires on this pass were 245/50-16 riken raptor all season normal street tires.
    Great launch & run on the street tires, with my M6 I had trouble getting 1.5x with DRs unless I abused the clutch.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Thats damn near crazy. Ive done a 1.71 60' on my Nitto 555 Street tire. But a 1.59. Damn!

Thread Information