Thread: 1/4 Help

4 cyl colorado

1/4 Help

My times are in the sig. Haven't run it since the LT install but I don't see that mod helping my 60' time. I'm currently running Fuzion tires which seem to spin much worse than the previous set of Sumitomo HRT Z II that were on it. What 60' time do I need to get to be in the 12's? I'm still running the factory 10 bolt and don't have a 12 bolt in the budget right now (in the middle of a frame off on my '73 Camaro). Any suggestions on tire or launching techniques to get 12's w/o blowing the 10 bolt?

4 cyl colorado

forgot signature
    '73 Plain Jane Camaro, Gen III, T56
    '02 WS6, M6
    All gone but not forgotten

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

Tires!!! Get some MTDR's and forget about bad 60ft. Keep a eye out for used tires/rims in the forsale section.
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    AFRs,Cam,Headers,Exhaust,Lid,BGRA,ASP,Vig 3200,Glock 19
    11.55 @ 117mph

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

I've got Nitto NT555R's in a 245/50/16 size. I run them at 18-20 psi depending on the temp/track prep/etc. My car is a manual and I launch at right about 4000 rpm and slip the clutch. It should be good for around a 1.9 60' without too much trouble. The idea is to keep the tires just on the edge of spinning for the best launch.

LT's may help a little if you can put the extra torque on the ground.

I would get LCA's, a Panhard bar, and possibly a torque arm to help keep the rear planted, and keep wheel-hop to a minimum. A polyurethane tranny mount will help get rid of wheel hop too. Until you get to making a bunch of torque, wheel-hop is the rear-end's worst enemy.

Thread Information