Results 1 to 15 of 15

ZR1 5 spokes

This is a discussion on ZR1 5 spokes within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; I haven't really done any research or shopping on these things, just wanted to hear some thoughts. One of my ...

  1. #1
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    ZR1 5 spokes

    I haven't really done any research or shopping on these things, just wanted to hear some thoughts.

    One of my newer customers has a set of ZR1 takeoffs. Original tires still on them, so obviously those will need to be replaced. He had them sent out to Texas in the mid 90's to have them chromed. HE says, he spent around $6k when all was said and done, and he is willing to part with them as is for $1800. They are definitely not in perfect shape.

    2 questions; Are OEM ZR1's worth that much? And how hard/expensive is it to de-chrome wheels?

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  2. #2
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    hell naw...lol...

  3. #3
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    hell naw...lol...
    Precisely the answer I was expecting... I really want a set now... lol

  4. #4
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    agree with jiveass to a degree. if these are true Zr1's off an early to mid 90's Zr1, then perhaps. but the condition would really have to justify that high of a price.

    now, if i tried to sell my chrome OEM 17x9 Zr1 5-spokes off my 2000 SS, i would believe around $800 is all they might get. some OEM stuff believe it or not, do bring a premium price, for god knows what reason(s)...

  5. #5
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    agree with jiveass to a degree. if these are true Zr1's off an early to mid 90's Zr1, then perhaps. but the condition would really have to justify that high of a price.

    now, if i tried to sell my chrome OEM 17x9 Zr1 5-spokes off my 2000 SS, i would believe around $800 is all they might get. some OEM stuff believe it or not, do bring a premium price, for god knows what reason(s)...
    They are legit OEM Zr1's. He still had the documentation from the dealer he bought them from. Probably the reason he payed so much to begin with. And they are the 17x9 and 17x11's too. The chroming part is what has turned me off... I'm not a huge fan of chrome to begin with, and to me, he ruined the originality of those wheels. And as you said, the condition does not justify the dollars.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    They are legit OEM Zr1's. He still had the documentation from the dealer he bought them from. Probably the reason he payed so much to begin with. And they are the 17x9 and 17x11's too. The chroming part is what has turned me off... I'm not a huge fan of chrome to begin with, and to me, he ruined the originality of those wheels. And as you said, the condition does not justify the dollars.
    i dont see why you couldnt just have them sandblasted. if it were me I would just buy some replicas for a third of the price.

  7. #7
    The Demon Demon_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    648

    Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

    yea my 01 SS came with Chrome SLP ZR1 wheels. Then I bought a set of 17x11's w/ 315 Nitto Drag Radials on them for $400 lol. And now I have an extra set to use from a friend with 275/40 17 mickey thompson ET streets...hmmm

  8. #8
    Member fastt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    324

    white
    2002 z28 camaro

    Smile

    Thats to much. I sent you a PM.

  9. #9
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Andy, had you said something to me about 2 years ago, I would have sold you my set. I let them go to a local guy for like $500.... they weren't perfect, but they were pretty clean, and they were OEM (well GM, not takeoffs from a real ZR1), not replica.

  10. #10
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by fastt View Post
    Thats to much. I sent you a PM.
    Got it, thanks!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Andy, had you said something to me about 2 years ago, I would have sold you my set. I let them go to a local guy for like $500.... they weren't perfect, but they were pretty clean, and they were OEM (well GM, not takeoffs from a real ZR1), not replica.
    2 years ago I was going through a rocky relationship that ended in a divorce... I had no inclination to buy anything for myself that she could potentially take from me. But now... I wanna buy EVERYTHING!!!

  11. #11
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Got it, thanks!!



    2 years ago I was going through a rocky relationship that ended in a divorce... I had no inclination to buy anything for myself that she could potentially take from me. But now... I wanna buy EVERYTHING!!!
    Gotcha, they better off not being trashed by 'she'. Well good luck. You need to find some 17x11's for the back end, so you can be like me

    Now that you want to buy everything, how bout you buy me a rebuild and heads/cam, and a 12-bolt .....no?........Well, it was worth a shot

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  12. #12
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Gotcha, they better off not being trashed by 'she'. Well good luck. You need to find some 17x11's for the back end, so you can be like me

    Now that you want to buy everything, how bout you buy me a rebuild and heads/cam, and a 12-bolt .....no?........Well, it was worth a shot
    A rebuild? Did you blow her up? I'm buying heads later this spring for myself. And I definitely NEED the 17x11's!

    I probably won't buy them for you, but I'll help you with the install!! Easy 1000 mile / 17 hour road trip!

  13. #13
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    A rebuild? Did you blow her up? I'm buying heads later this spring for myself. And I definitely NEED the 17x11's!

    I probably won't buy them for you, but I'll help you with the install!! Easy 1000 mile / 17 hour road trip!

    No, but heads/cam on a 203k motor....just sounds like Murphy's Law waiting to happen. Transmission could use some Viper internals too
    To be honest, it needs a lot of work now... I need a car for my car Yo dawg, we put a car in yo car so you can drive while you drive.

    Come oooonnn doooown!!! you're the next contestant on The Car is Broke!

  14. #14
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    No, but heads/cam on a 203k motor....just sounds like Murphy's Law waiting to happen. Transmission could use some Viper internals too
    To be honest, it needs a lot of work now... I need a car for my car Yo dawg, we put a car in yo car so you can drive while you drive.

    Come oooonnn doooown!!! you're the next contestant on The Car is Broke!
    If I'm ever down that way, I'm for sure gonna stop by. And then I have to stop by Preston's to annoy him. And then to Tom's to annoy him. Come to think of it, why don't I just move to OK... Seems like that's the happening place for Fbodies!

  15. #15
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    If I'm ever down that way, I'm for sure gonna stop by. And then I have to stop by Preston's to annoy him. And then to Tom's to annoy him. Come to think of it, why don't I just move to OK... Seems like that's the happening place for Fbodies!
    Well two of the three of us have some badass low mileage Camaro's.
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 03-31-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB SS 10 spokes
    By bird963 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
  2. Wtt ss 10 spokes for ?
    By WICKIDSIX in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 02:40 AM
  3. Wanted: SS 10 spokes
    By Glue Maker in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 03:26 AM
  4. Looking for 2-10 spokes
    By gambler in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
  5. new tires for my 10-spokes?
    By bluefields88 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 10:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •