Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will 315/35/17R Fit on my 02 WS6 Collectors Edition??

This is a discussion on Will 315/35/17R Fit on my 02 WS6 Collectors Edition?? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by BlackHawk its not that bad in the rain. you just have to be extra carefull. cant fuck ...

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk
    its not that bad in the rain. you just have to be extra carefull. cant fuck around
    I really dont plan on banking corners at 60mph if thats what your thinking lol nah just plain old "normal" driving with the nitto 555r's

And how is dry traction???

You can always run a 285 on a 9" rim it really looks pretty good. Just trying to add to the decision making.
    1) If you are dead set on wider and like the WS6 rims ,then it's worth it
    2) If you widen to 11" yes you will need to go to a 305-315
    2) Nittos are better in the rain then E.T.'s But i'm not going to advise you use either for a D.D.
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD
    I really dont plan on banking corners at 60mph if thats what your thinking lol nah just plain old "normal" driving with the nitto 555r's

And how is dry traction???
    for normal everyday driving they are fine. i have mine on all the time. except for winter(goes into storage). one time i was driving in the rain i was doing about 40 and it was pouring. i put the gas half way down kinda quick and the rear end kick out a bit. basically when its raining you have to be extra careful.

now in warm dry weather i dont even get a chirp, im pushin over 400 rwhp.

i say do it. you wont regret it.

Ya i just think i might... Where would i send my rims to get widened and how lon and how much total will it cost???

it dont fuk up ur rims does it??

pm sent

it doesnt ruin your rims. mine hold up with a 12 bolt doin 11.9 on them with 1.7 60fts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk
    pm sent

it doesnt ruin your rims. mine hold up with a 12 bolt doin 11.9 on them with 1.7 60fts
    Got your PM... Thanks for all your info.. I''ma go ahead and give em a call tommrow morning and see what they can do!!

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Just use a 285/40R17 on them, they will fit nicely and give you a meaner look.

I run 17X10's on all 4 and have 315's on the back and 285/40R17's up front. They do nicely. Even though I can break them loose kinda easy too wet or dry. I may just run 285 on all four corners as thats the mimimum size for 10" wheels. 285's have a touch more sidewall than 275's and have a mean looking stance on 17x9 stock wheels.
    -Tim

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I have the 315/35 17's on Torq-Thrust II's. As far as tires, I have Goodyear Eagle GSC's, very nice tire, a bit rough ride but you can't expect much w/ a 35 sidewall. As far as spacing, I was told I didn't need any, but I think I might end up getting spacers after reading a few stories on here. I've bent the inner fenders in a little bit, nothing excessive. Only problem I've had is when I either put two people in the back seat, or when I drag race and have wheel hop. I've only gotten caught in the rain once and they weren't too bad. Did you end up spacing yours? How much?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

That's the rear wheels, as well as a side shot. These pics should be better.
    Last edited by NW00SS; 12-20-2005 at 06:36 AM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sumitomo tires, they make some nice 315's i'm thinking about getting some 17x11 corvette ZR1's with those tires, any mods required to make them fit

NW00SS did you have to bend in the innerfenders or did you just do it for safety. I have a 98 SS are these tires and rim combo a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by NW00SS
    Attachment 1869That's the rear wheels
    Cant see the pix man it's too small!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

The only reason I bent them in a bit was b/c of wheel hop and the wheel/tire hitting the lip on the inside. It made a nice gash in my wheel, which I didn't change it b/c it wasn't that bad. I bent the bottoms in about and inch or two, just enough to get them out of the way and when the car is sitting level, right at the tire sidwall on the inside it rubs now and again so I lightly bent the inner fender in with a body hammer and put more undercoating on the bare spots. Haven't had a problem since. One of my friends has a 96' Z w/ that combination and he drives it every day. Not a bad tire for the money according to him. Adding spacers on each side usually does the trick from what I heard. Whenever I decide to get around to it, that's what I'll be doing. I'll try to get a better pic up of the wheel and a rear shot. Looks really aggressive
    Last edited by NW00SS; 12-20-2005 at 05:46 AM.

SStatus
    Hey zoso i would really think twice about going that big. My friend and i both have the same car as you and he went to 315's and had to bang the shit out of his fenders and wheel wells. My car is lowered allready so i dont have a shot at getting them to fit. Granted they look bad ass i would just think about how much work its going to be and how carefully you will be driving over bumps from now on. Nothing like going 80mph and hitting a huge bump and having your fender rip a hole in your 250$ tire.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

see, i'm looking at th is tire wheel combo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-11...6765QQtcZphoto

now i dont know if the rims are designed with a offset that accounts for these larger tires it says it has a 50mm offset (stock is 53 i think) the site says they fit our cars

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i mean 870+160shipping is a great deal for brand new rims and nice tires, if i sell my old ZR1 rims with dunlops with only 3k miles on them for 700bucks i can have new rims and tires for about 300$

Where on the well do you need to bang out b/c of rubbing?? I see in the pix that u have a camaro...Would fitting 315's on my ws-6 be any different?? Bunch of guys told me that the 315's with the 11" rim and some 1.25" spacers would be enough and espically that my ride is stock height would i have any problems with the 315's or should i just go with the 275???

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

It depends on the wheels you use. I'm not sure of my offset but when I bought them I made sure w/ the place I bought them that they would fit w/o any problems. The Torq-Thrust II's fit perfectly and the number I ordered was the number in their book, so they aren't anything special. I would highly recommend them. It doesn't matter whether you have a WS6 or an SS, they're the same. My brother has them on his 01 WS6, only difference is he used Nitto's and I used Goodyear's. Both of us had the same problem w/ rubbing b/c we both drag race. With that wide of a tire, the wheel well doesn't like wheel hop As far as "fixing" the wheel well to not rub, all you need is a body hammer. I'll try to get pics of when mine rubbed, I know I have them somewhere...All I did was lightly bend it in on the bottom and at about the same spot the tire would be when sitting on the ground. They rubbed the undercoating off the wheel well so I knew exactly where I had to fix it. I only bent it in about and inch, maybe not even, put some more undercoating on it, and it was as good as new, couldn't even tell. When I get pics I'll send em to ya.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

when do you get the wheel hop, when you dump the clutch to warm the tires up?

what was this about getting a panhard bar to stableize it or something?
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Usually heating the tires or launching I get wheel hop, or just messing around on the street. They're big tires and they just want to bite being that wide, and usually the suspension takes the grunt of it. I have heard about getting an adj. panhard bar to center the rear better but havent tried that yet.

Well to eliminate the wheel hop i'd get the LCA and a TA to fix that... But that doesnt sound too painful... Was all the work for these damn 315's worth it?? or should i just stick with the 275s?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information