Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Will 315/35/17R Fit on my 02 WS6 Collectors Edition??

I dont believe my rims are any wider then the other stock WS6s from my year but just curious in knowing if i can fit the 315/35/17R on the rear??

Any modifications that need to be done?

And if they wont fit then is their any manfacturer that maked rims exactly like my collectors edition rims but with a wider rim??

Is it even worth the extra money to get wider tires? I know all the rubber on the pavement possible is good but from my understanding it's the composition of the tire that give it the best traction and the wider tire would also be for extra traction but also for looks...This true???

Black
    99 SS

dude your 275's should be plenty of rubber.

Yea i know but thought while i was changing the tires i'd go all out. PLus they look nice sticking out from the wells!

ttt

Any other info??

Minimum wheel required is 11 inch wide. Your WS6 is 9" wide. You can have them
    widened it runs about 250.00 for each wheel
    They section them.
    Do search on Firehawk wheels
    Hawk
    2001 Firehawk looking
    for more power !

Quote Originally Posted by 227HAWK
    They section them.
    Hawk
    It's possible to get my rims widened???? Where could i get it done because i only ant the back two widened to fit the 315's on em!!

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Just so you're prepared: before installing 17x11 wheels with 315/35-17's you will need to do some 'mods' to your inner wheelwell with a BFH, grind the corners off the bump stop brackets, and install and Adj. Panhard Bar to properly center the rear in the car.

From the factory it is not perfectly centered - doesn't matter with stock wheels, but once you add the wider versions the off center condidtion will be very apparent

You didn't think doing ANY mod on our cars was gonna be easy, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6
    Just so you're prepared: before installing 17x11 wheels with 315/35-17's you will need to do some 'mods' to your inner wheelwell with a BFH, grind the corners off the bump stop brackets, and install and Adj. Panhard Bar to properly center the rear in the car.

From the factory it is not perfectly centered - doesn't matter with stock wheels, but once you add the wider versions the off center condidtion will be very apparent

You didn't think doing ANY mod on our cars was gonna be easy, did you?
    You crazy... Everytime i think of doin a mod i just bend ova to make sure the pain circulates freely throughout my ass lol

They section them.
    Hawk
    Ok 3 things!!!

1. Is it worth the $500 to widen the rims for the 315's??

2. Is it neccessary to have 315? Any better traction or will our 275's do just fine?

3. Was going to get the nitto 555R and use them for daily driving i heard they work fine on the streets is this true and would it be safe??? How would traction be in the rain??

They section them.
    Hawk
    Ok 3 things!!!

2. Is it neccessary to have 315? Any better traction or will our 275's do just fine?

3. Was going to get the nitto 555R and use them for daily driving (for rear only, still have my good years on front) i heard they work fine on the streets is this true and would it be safe??? How would traction be in the rain??

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Well with the drag radials changing from 275 to 315 your not gonna notice it too much driving the street. So if you have the extra 500$ sure it'll look nice but eh could go towards something else. Also the nitto's are horrible in the rain.

-00BlueTA

Quote Originally Posted by 00BlueTA
    Well with the drag radials changing from 275 to 315 your not gonna notice it too much driving the street. So if you have the extra 500$ sure it'll look nice but eh could go towards something else. Also the nitto's are horrible in the rain.

-00BlueTA
    How horrible in the rain??? I dont want to be getting into any accidents if i keep as an all season.... Are the bad like if im on the highway doing 50mph in the rain and hit a bump i wont loose control will i????

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD
    Ok 3 things!!!

3. Was going to get the nitto 555R and use them for daily driving (for rear only, still have my good years on front) i heard they work fine on the streets is this true and would it be safe??? How would traction be in the rain??
    yes it is worth it

i had my firehawk wheels widened! and i get compliments on it all the time that it looks awesome!

i sent them to wheels of america in dallas. the cost was $200 a rim plus shipping. then you have to get the wheel adapters i got 1.25'' and they fit perfectly on the car.

for everything i spent $1000 including tires, adapters, mounting and balancing.

unless your car is lowered you do not need to roll your fenders at all. no grinding bump stops.

reason i did this was i love the look of the stock hawk rims. i was gonna get aftermarket ones but the rims and tires i was looking at would have cost me more than double that.

here are some pics of it done and on the car
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/689914

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk
    i had my firehawk wheels widened! and i get compliments on it all the time that it looks awesome!

i sent them to wheels of america in dallas. the cost was $200 a rim plus shipping. then you have to get the wheel adapters i got 1.25'' and they fit perfectly on the car.

for everything i spent $1000 including tires, adapters, mounting and balancing.

unless your car is lowered you do not need to roll your fenders at all. no grinding bump stops.

reason i did this was i love the look of the stock hawk rims. i was gonna get aftermarket ones but the rims and tires i was looking at would have cost me more than double that.

here are some pics of it done and on the car
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/689914
    If i get the rims widened do i always need the 315/35/17 on em or can i put my 275/40/17 et streets on them too??

With the 315's hows your traction? Noticibly different then the stock 275's??? Hows wet traction?

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

With the 315's hows your traction? Noticibly different then the stock 275's??? Hows wet traction?
    315's are noticeably better (i.e don't smoke as easily - 'easily' being a relative term ) But with the rw #'s I have I'm sure that there are no street tires that would solve the problem unless I went tubbed.

Wet traction? Don't know, NEVER have driven my T/A in the rain or on wet roads for that matter.

As far as Nitto's in the rain - think about it:

wide tire + no tread to channel H2O from under tire = hydroplane city

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD
    If i get the rims widened do i always need the 315/35/17 on em or can i put my 275/40/17 et streets on them too??

the traction is definetly noticable. your 275 wont fit because your adding on 2 more inches. wet traction= not good. with my 315 nittos they are not horrible but you do have to becareful

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk
    the traction is definetly noticable. your 275 wont fit because your adding on 2 more inches. wet traction= not good. with my 315 nittos they are not horrible but you do have to becareful
    Cuz i would love 315s and be able to drive them through the rain but i dont want to compromise my saftey in doing that or else i'll be !!!

And i dont know if its worth it because MIckey Thompson doesnt make the ET Streets any bigger then 275/40/17 and you said they wont fit on a widened rim?? So what can i do... but another set of CE rims for $450 a piece yea right...Boy wut a big decision i hate this shit... In my next life time i'm comming back as a fkin wizard and i'll just zap my 315/35/17 on the rims lol

its not that bad in the rain. you just have to be extra carefull. cant fuck around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information