Who's got the best deal on tires?

This is a discussion on Who's got the best deal on tires? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; I just picked up a Grand Prix for a daily driver. it needs some tires. Not expecting to save a ...

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Who's got the best deal on tires?

I just picked up a Grand Prix for a daily driver. it needs some tires. Not expecting to save a ton but was hoping it would be worth my while. Currently working 7 days a week 12-14 hrs a day so no real time to shop around.

I need 225/60r/16 Ain't gotta be nothing great but not horrible either.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

onlinetires.com. Go to a store like America's Tire that will do a price match from there.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Discount tire direct.com free shipping!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Discount tire direct.com free shipping!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I just bought a set of wheels and tires for my Jeep there. Great price and great service!!

You can often find cheaper prices at tire rack or online tires, but factor in Discount's free shipping, and you can't beat them.

My local place that does price matching has an "internet package" price, where they match the price of tire, but then add charges that are usually free, like mounting and shipping, so that the price match isn't much of a deal at all.

They wanted 800 out the door, for the set of Goodyears I wanted. Same tires WITH new wheels, were 992 from Discount, plus I got a $40 GY rebate. I wasn't looking to get new hweels, but for that price difference, why not??

Unless you can find a smaller, non chain, tire shop. Last year I went to this ricer place to check on tires for my Bird, I ended up getting a set of 275/40/17 Nitto 555's for my Bird for 600 out the door. He couldn't quite match online tires price for them, but figuring in sales tax and not having to go to the tire store with a trunk full of tires, I told him do it for 6 and we've got a deal. I'd have gone there for my Jeep, but unfortunately they burned down last winter.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 03-13-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

since your in Michigan give belle tire a go if you have the opportunity. get a quote from anywhere and they will beat the deal. Plus the warranty program is excellent.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Also try tirerack.com and then do a comparison with the other sites mentioned. You might come across a special or clearance.....You never know. If not try pricegrabber.com and it will do comparisons for you.

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

Vividracing.com has just opened a tire store online. Free shipping in March. You have a couple more days to check there.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

tire rack charges for shipping,discount tire direct does not,made a $60 difference in price on the tires for our car.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by That1SpeedFreak View Post
    since your in Michigan give belle tire a go if you have the opportunity. get a quote from anywhere and they will beat the deal. Plus the warranty program is excellent.
    For the Jeep, I went to 3 places (including Belle tire) and kept taking the quote from one place to the next getting them to drop the price until they wouldn't go any lower then chose the price from there.

Not sure where your at in MI, but I have probably 10 places within a few square miles, so it took me 30min to an hour to get the lowest price.

Just make sure they don't try and change the brand to a cheaper Chinese brand. Keep it apples and apples.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

I recommend Discount Tire. Not only do they price match, you get free rotations and balances for the life of the tire. Any flats, they fix for free as long as it is repairable. When you compare prices and the service they offer, you end up paying the same in the end, and get outstanding service to top it all off. I won't go anyplace else. Tirerack.com is a close second, but Discount Tire has treated me well for years.
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition
    Vert M6
    SLP CAI
    Hooker Super Comp Ceramic Coated LT's
    3" Ebay Catted Hooker Y-Pipe
    SLP Loudmouth I Center Mount with SLP tips

Thread Information