Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Where can I find a goo selection of wheels for my WS.6?

I am looking to replace my Speedline wheels with some new wheels and tires this year. I am having a hard time finding a selection to choose from. Can anybody lead me to water on this? I appreciate any help.

I am also hoping i could get some suggestions on what width or combonation of width on front and rears would look good. I have it lowered with eibach springs right now. Thanks.
    Last edited by Nixon; 03-17-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    WS.6~LM Exhaust w/quad SS tips~Lowered w/Eibach Springs, Bilstein HD shocks, UMI tubular LCAs w/ relo bracket, UMI adjustable on car PHB~UMI front 35mm/rear 22mm sway bars~UMI 2 point SFCs~UMI STB~Volant CAI~Diablo Predator Performance Tune

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Members here recommend OEWheels. Just go to their website. Other members will chime in with more suggestions.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I like Tire Rack and Ebay. If you know what you want and know the price of the set then Ebay is the way to go. Just make sure you factor in shipping.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Thanks, I will check them all out. OEWheels is one I haven't heard of. I was hoping maybe someone had some pictures of Matte Black wheels on NBM. I know black doesn't always look good, but I think a matte black or maybe if they make black chrome for our cars. I wish there were more options.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

There is an NBM SS in this month's COTM section with what looks like matte black rims. Check it out.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

That's a pretty nice ride. Is the blue on the Camaros, the same as the Pontiacs? What does it take to be able to vote on the COTM?

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

I found a set of silver C6 ZO6 wheels. Not completely decided, but I think the silver will match my charcoal racing stripes. The wheels are 18x9.5 front with 56 offset and 18x10.5 with 58 offset. How do I measure the offset? Will these fit on my WS.6? I have it lowered with Eibach springs.
    I found them on OEwheels. Great site by the way.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Here is the link to the wheels. Trans Am Wheels. I saved the pic of the wheel, but I don't know how to post it here.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

i had that setup on my ws6, which was a lowered car. had to do the BFH mod and adjust the panhard bar to eliminate rubbing

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Yeah I echo the above. OEWheels is great. If your dropped, you should have an adjustable panhard bar to get the centering right. It seems like our cars shift about a half inch when lowered! A lot of rims come with the wrong offset on the back, so watch that if your going wide. You can always use a spacer. Keep in mind if you have a stock rear end (10 bolt) the 18's are going to put some extra stress back there and much heavier, also more expensive tires! If your going to run 275 tires I dont think wider than 9 1/2 inches looks good, of course the 10 1/2 with 315's is real nice! I have tried different combos on mine over the years and what looked the best compaired to what performed the best was very different. I'm back on my speedlines now running 275's all around, but I am geting some C5 vette wheels in 17x9.5 this summer, the car seems to respond better with the same on all 4 corners!!!

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

the offsets are correct. for this application
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    I found a set of silver C6 ZO6 wheels. Not completely decided, but I think the silver will match my charcoal racing stripes. The wheels are 18x9.5 front with 56 offset and 18x10.5 with 58 offset. How do I measure the offset? Will these fit on my WS.6? I have it lowered with Eibach springs.
    I found them on OEwheels. Great site by the way.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyman View Post
    i had that setup on my ws6, which was a lowered car. had to do the BFH mod and adjust the panhard bar to eliminate rubbing
    Why did you take them off, What are you running now? I do have a UMI adj PHB I can adjust. What is the BFH mod, (where I have to beat my wheel well)?

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Thanks for info, I need it. I haven't had anything but my speed lines. I really want to bring the rears out on the back to get a real beefy look from the back, but I drive my car hard as it is and dont want to make it easier to wreck. Maybe I should rebuild the back end sooner than later. I had no idea the car wouldn't handle as well with the wheels staggered. I see it all the time.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

I really want to bring the wheels out. I was considering raising it back up if necessary to get the wheels to look right. Not sure if that is necessary yet.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

i took them off because. I went wider on the rear 315/35/17/ plus I hated the ride I got with a lowered vehicle. yes BFH= ( big f@#king hammer) where you pound the inner fender
    Why did you take them off, What are you running now? I do have a UMI adj PHB I can adjust. What is the BFH mod, (where I have to beat my wheel well)?

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyman View Post
    i took them off because. I went wider on the rear 315/35/17/ plus I hated the ride I got with a lowered vehicle. yes BFH= ( big f@#king hammer) where you pound the inner fender
    So it sounds like you did what I have been thinking about. You had it lowered and the raised it back up? Are you happy you did? What size wheels do you have on front and back now?

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

much happier with the ride now, specially since the roads in new England suck! lol I have 275/17/40 on 9.5 rims and 315/17/35 on 11 inch rims out back. no rubbing and looks bad ass with the wide tires. not going to win any road course races but for a show car and a daily driver the stock ride height rides smoother.
    So it sounds like you did what I have been thinking about. You had it lowered and the raised it back up? Are you happy you did? What size wheels do you have on front and back now?

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Michigan roads are pretty bad too. Don't get it though, seams like they are always fixing them. Lol! Do you have any pictures. I am interested to see how they look. I think I am going to have a hard time buying a set without knowing how hey are going to look. I need to figure out how to measure the offset, so I can see how far the wheels will come out.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

I saw the C6 grand sport wheels. THey look pretty sick! I wonder if anybody out there has put them on yet.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

heres a couple what I have now.zr1 rims
    Last edited by jonnyman; 03-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information