Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Where can I find a goo selection of wheels for my WS.6?

This is a discussion on Where can I find a goo selection of wheels for my WS.6? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; both sets of rims 56 offset up front 58 rear .this is what the zo6 rims 9.5 x17 front and ...

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

both sets of rims 56 offset up front 58 rear .this is what the zo6 rims 9.5 x17 front and 10.5x 18 rear before I lowered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
    Michigan roads are pretty bad too. Don't get it though, seams like they are always fixing them. Lol! Do you have any pictures. I am interested to see how they look. I think I am going to have a hard time buying a set without knowing how hey are going to look. I need to figure out how to measure the offset, so I can see how far the wheels will come out.
    Last edited by jonnyman; 03-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

They color of your car is sweet. The simple look you have without all the emblems and decals is a great look. Th color of the car is sweet enough. So is your ride still lowered? I lowered mine last year. There was a lot of talk on here about the stance looking better lowered and it handling better. I have to agree about it handling better. The ride can be rough, but I didn't have the car for more than a year before I lowered it, so not muc to go by. I am starting to the it looks better sick height. But then again I might just nt have the right heels and tires yet.
    jonnyman likes this.
    WS.6~LM Exhaust w/quad SS tips~Lowered w/Eibach Springs, Bilstein HD shocks, UMI tubular LCAs w/ relo bracket, UMI adjustable on car PHB~UMI front 35mm/rear 22mm sway bars~UMI 2 point SFCs~UMI STB~Volant CAI~Diablo Predator Performance Tune

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

car is not lowered anymore. lowered cars do have a lower center of gravity therefore handle better, however they don't launch as well due to suspension travel or other such thing, some techie here can explain it for u better than I ever could. the stance does look better lowered a little but I just couldn't justify the look versus the rough and often scraping ride lol.
    They color of your car is sweet. The simple look you have without all the emblems and decals is a great look. Th color of the car is sweet enough. So is your ride still lowered? I lowered mine last year. There was a lot of talk on here about the stance looking better lowered and it handling better. I have to agree about it handling better. The ride can be rough, but I didn't have the car for more than a year before I lowered it, so not muc to go by. I am starting to the it looks better sick height. But then again I might just nt have the right heels and tires yet.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Imay have jumped the gun on lowering mine. I haven't changed out my torque arm yet, so I can put that money toward new springs. I want to put that Wes wing front lip on my car. With the scraping that happens sometimes now, it would rip right off with that on. Did you get any pictures from the back with the wider wheels? Of the subject, how do you post pictures from your computer?

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

go to photo bucket and put your pics there then click on the IMG code to copy to the body of your post here, no pics of my babies backside here. with the big tires she kind of reminds me of jaylo from behind lol. repainting her now, new hood( raptor) and new interior I will get some pics of here from behind in a couple days but she is all in primer now.
    Imay have jumped the gun on lowering mine. I haven't changed out my torque arm yet, so I can put that money toward new springs. I want to put that Wes wing front lip on my car. With the scraping that happens sometimes now, it would rip right off with that on. Did you get any pictures from the back with the wider wheels? Of the subject, how do you post pictures from your computer?
    Last edited by jonnyman; 03-19-2013 at 06:58 PM.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Really! The whole car? What color? Is the color in the pic a stock color or custom?

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

whole car. same color. custom , house of kolors candy tangerine. I have a thread going on about it as I go, plenty of pics so far. title is repainting...again
    Really! The whole car? What color? Is the color in the pic a stock color or custom?

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Sweet. I will check it out.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I've thought about C6GS wheels for mine. I like those.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I've thought about C6GS wheels for mine. I like those.
    Those are pretty nice. 12" in the back? That is pretty wide. Is there drivability issues if you go wider in the bck then the font or 17" in font and 18" in back? I am having a hard time deciding on the wheel style as it is, I would like to at least start by figuring out the wheel size I am going with. I am thinking something like 18x9 in front and 18x10 in the back. Will that bring the wheels out further than the stocker 17x9's or is going to depend on setbacks? And what type of setback should I be looking at?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Considering you are lowered, you should have changed both your Torque Arm (with an adjustable one to re-adjust your pinion angle), got relocation brackets for your LCA's installed to correct your COG, and installed an adjustable PHB to reset the rear end back to center.

Just lowering the car without taking the proper road to doing it right, will lead to a lot of other things being destroyed over time. Your rear end being one since your pinion angle is now wrong.

If you are going back to stock height, I have stock OEM springs I will sell you. They had 12K miles on them when I installed my Koni 4/4's and Strano Springs.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

I relocated the LCA's and installed an adj PHB, (and have my rear perfectly centetred). I talked to a lot of members and moderators before i lowered my car and they were saying that the torque arm would be fine not to change if i wasnt dragging. I am sure you know better than me, i have only had my car for 2 1/2 years and only drive it 7 months out of the year. I am still trying to decide if i should go through the trouble of raising it back up. If i don't, I will install an adj Torque arm and a relocation bracket. I will need springs if i do raise it. So i will keep you in mind, once i make my decision. Which with members help I should hopefully decide soon.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Just for additional information, the torque arm is what controls the rotational position of the rear end. When you lower the car, that changes, along with the geometry of the suspension. The pinion angle is the angle between the pinion in the rear end to the drive-shaft. OEM is typically set to around -1.5 to -2 degrees. The reason the angle is set to negative to begin with, is because upon acceleration, it becomes zero, or a straight line. This is in a perfect set-up. All of the torque is then transferred properly. If you have a pinion angle not set properly, it will cause the system to not be in a straight line upon acceleration or a launch. This can in return cause damage to the rear end itself, as well as u-joints.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just for additional information, the torque arm is what controls the rotational position of the rear end. When you lower the car, that changes, along with the geometry of the suspension. The pinion angle is the angle between the pinion in the rear end to the drive-shaft. OEM is typically set to around -1.5 to -2 degrees. The reason the angle is set to negative to begin with, is because upon acceleration, it becomes zero, or a straight line. This is in a perfect set-up. All of the torque is then transferred properly. If you have a pinion angle not set properly, it will cause the system to not be in a straight line upon acceleration or a launch. This can in return cause damage to the rear end itself, as well as u-joints.
    So I am assuming that may have something to do with the squeaking. A good place to start anyway. I have 115k on my car. Think I should replace my u joints while I am at it? If I raise it, do you think I should replace and relocate the torque are for a stronger one anyway?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

TBH, stock OEM components for our cars are weak and not made to really withstand the abuse we give them. Squeaking could be from several different things. It depends on where it's coming from. Most likely any problems coming from a poor pinion angle set-up would sound more like a clunk than a squeak.

I would check your hatch area, the shocks for the hatch, your bushings, etc...things that generally need to be lubed periodically. You can also look for contact between the exhaust and axle on the passenger side. Depending on exhaust set-up, it gets really close to contacting there.

I have seen busted OEM torque arms before. Not saying you will damage yours, but if you have the money, it's a nice upgrade to do. It will not only help control the movement of the rear end itself, but also help with traction. Just remember, get an adjustable one. Preferably get one that also relocates the front mounting off the tail-shaft of the transmission.

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

I have another thread going about my squeak in the rear. Just realized I was off topic.
    I decided to go with the TTM's. Probably 18's. What size and application do I need to get my wheels to come out of the wheel wells to get that wide rear end look?

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

The TTM's have perfect offset for the back in 10.5, and go with 315's, you will have the look you want and no rubbing!

NBM
    2002 Trans AM WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    The TTM's have perfect offset for the back in 10.5, and go with 315's, you will have the look you want and no rubbing!
    So any idea where I can get the 10.5? I know they make an 18 x 10. I went to a well known tire store today and they said that American Racing doesn't have the 18 in anything other than 8's, event though its show multiple sizes in their 2013 Catalog. I want 18x9 in front and 18x10 in the back.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Best bet is to check online. Some tire shops will either tell you the sizes don't exist because the employees have no knowledge of said wheels or are too lazy to look things up thoroughly.

- - - Updated - - -

Another wheel I have been eyeing is the Weld RT/S as featured on GMHTPs STiKiller. You might want to check those out as well.

Arctic White
    2002 SS Camaro

OEwheels to get a set of factory style replicas in deep dish for sure, I'm getting a set of 11" deep dish chrome ZR1's to run some 315 MT's and match the ones I already have so I only have to buy the two. But in the future when I am done building the car I'll drop the cash on some CCW's these are the ones I want currently but it's always subject to change. also, I didn't read all the comments, and I don't know your full set up, so I apologize if I'm being redundant, but I highly suggest you get yourself an adj. panhard bar before anything, also I know a lot of people that are happy with those springs, I know more people that have issues down the road, if you ever want to change them I would recommend giving Sam Strano a call, his springs are just plain engineered better all around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information