Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wheels finally on the car!!

This is a discussion on Wheels finally on the car!! within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Yes, they are 9's all the way around. I dont know that I would put a 275 tire on a ...

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Yes, they are 9's all the way around. I dont know that I would put a 275 tire on a 10in. wheel, not sure how well that will work.--Tony

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert.

Yea, I have been trying to find out if it is ok. half say yes, half say no. BFG's website says use a 9"-11" wheel for the 275s. The FAQ's say the same. Unfortunately, there are no Coddington 17x9 wheels.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Nope, only 8 and 10 in the 17in. Damn BFG says an 11 will fit a 275??? The guys at Discount told me you really dont wanna go much bigger than a 9.5 with a 275 tire, but like you said different people, different opinions. On a 10in wheel, I would say run 295 on an 11in wheel, 315's prolly.--Tony

Crytal Red Tint Coat
    2013 SS Camaro Covertible

Quote Originally Posted by Tonys99RamAir
    Was nice enough today to bring the car out, so I took it to a show and took a few pics while I was there. My 18x9 Smoothie II's, I like them a lot, could not be more satisfied!--Tony

BTW, sorry some of the quality is so bad on a few of the pics.
    I love the Smoothies! I have had mine for over a year. As far as I am concerned they are the best looking wheel out there. I put 17x8s on the front and 18x9s on the back. I can't lower my car that much i have to travese some rough terain sometimes - scared I might bottom out

2013 Camaro SS Convertible, Whipple Supercharger, Kooks Coated 1 7/8" headers, CAI Cold air induction
    http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Deea...?sort=3&page=1

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

those look like the BFG KDW2s. Have em myself and love them.

Black
    98 Z/28

From all the info I could dig up..... 275 or 285 is what should be put on a 10".

Snake Eater
    That is a good looking car! How much did you drop it?

Black
    02 Z06

looks awesome man. I've decided that i was going to go with Smoothie II's for awhile now. But I have a question. How does it handle? Is it rough , smooth , how does it do around corners and from a dig? Thanks man

oh and thanks deeavi for posting the picture of your 17 and 18" rims on your car! I've been trying to find a comparision for so long!

Bright Silver Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Nice look. Pewter is a cool color!

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmMan
    looks awesome man. I've decided that i was going to go with Smoothie II's for awhile now. But I have a question. How does it handle? Is it rough , smooth , how does it do around corners and from a dig? Thanks man

oh and thanks deeavi for posting the picture of your 17 and 18" rims on your car! I've been trying to find a comparision for so long!
    Handles good, cant complain at all about that. Now it rides rough becasue it is lowered (Eibach Sportlines) but that has nothing to do with wheels and tires. It corners well also, as far as how the car does off the line I could not tell you man, as hard as it may be to believe I hardly ever romp on the thing, not to say I never get on it but off the line I do not.--Tony

Black
    02 Z06

Handles good, cant complain at all about that. Now it rides rough becasue it is lowered (Eibach Sportlines) but that has nothing to do with wheels and tires. It corners well also, as far as how the car does off the line I could not tell you man, as hard as it may be to believe I hardly ever romp on the thing, not to say I never get on it but off the line I do not.--Tony
    Alright man. Sounds awesome. I understand what your saying though. I rarely get on it unless i'm with my friends messing arouned or something. But I'm glad it doesn't make the ride anymore rough. But since you lowered the car. Is the ride unbearable now or it just a tiny bit more noticebly rough?

i'm just wondering how it does from a dig. I know it's not going to do as well as 17" rims because of less sidewall. i just wanted to know if there was a HUGE noticeable difference.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

You can tell a difference in the ride, no question. But is it unbearable......no. As far is mine has settled I really have to be careful driving on some of the roads around here, but as much as a drive the car (which is not very often) it doe snot bother me.

sunset orange
    1996 formula

Sweet rims

Are they chrome or polished alumin?

Crytal Red Tint Coat
    2013 SS Camaro Covertible

Quote Originally Posted by frbrd7996
    Are they chrome or polished alumin?
    Polished! No chrome and no coating. You have to polish the Smoothies the old fashon way. I usually polish mine once a month. When I first got them there was a lot of scratches in the finish. Took me days to get them all out.

01 SOM SS
    those look really clean!

the Rocks Stunt double
    dang, why doesnt my pewter ws6 look that good? haha

Pewter

Hey whats your drop how many inches is your drop i have a pewter t/a im gonna lower thats the look im going for so please let me know what your drop is thanks man.

Blue

nice ride. i want smoothies, but as they are custom made, i was afraid, in case i rubbed. i have eibach, which lowered my car (i have the conservative eibach's, which did not lower it as much as their other models) if u do not rub, then perhaps i can order! do u rub? can you please let me know?
    thanks!!
    CAN I RUN 18'S ALL AROUND? Can u please let me know your tire size, and/or my suggested tire size? i have a 2000 ws6, and it needs your rims!
    Last edited by 2000 S6; 03-18-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 S6
    nice ride. i want smoothies, but as they are custom made, i was afraid, in case i rubbed. i have eibach, which lowered my car (i have the conservative eibach's, which did not lower it as much as their other models) if u do not rub, then perhaps i can order! do u rub? can you please let me know?
    thanks!!
    CAN I RUN 18'S ALL AROUND? Can u please let me know your tire size, and/or my suggested tire size? i have a 2000 ws6, and it needs your rims!
    WS6 guy, I have the Eibach Sportlines, when it was all said and done the car droped almost 2 1/2 inches. I have had NO problems with rubbing at all, nor have I had problesm withe the fronts hitting the inner fender or anything of that sort. I am running 18x9's on all four corners so I dont see why you cant. My tires are 275/35/18 I kinda wish I would of put 295's on the back, did not think that far ahead though.--Tony

Blue

WS6 guy, I have the Eibach Sportlines, when it was all said and done the car droped almost 2 1/2 inches. I have had NO problems with rubbing at all, nor have I had problesm withe the fronts hitting the inner fender or anything of that sort. I am running 18x9's on all four corners so I dont see why you cant. My tires are 275/35/18 I kinda wish I would of put 295's on the back, did not think that far ahead though.--Tony
    Thanks for your follow up Tony. I will proceed with 275 35 18 on the smoothies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information