Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Wheel spacer question

I have cts-v brakes on the front and I currently have the eibach 15mm spacer on but the wheel still touches the caliper. The wheel is pretty much seated all the way on the studs. I also have 2.5" moser studs and I was wondering if anyone else sells hub-centric spacers that are thicker that would work? Also, what is the thickest I can safely go with the slip over the studs type spacer. Would 20-25mm work safely? I will post pictures up tomorrow.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black/ Silver

Here are the pictures, suggestions would be appreciated :

The Generals Finest Deviant LS1's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

I wouldn't run a spacer over a 1/2". If you need a one inch spacer be sure to get an adapter. Adapters bolt onto the hub and they have their own studs for the wheel to bolt onto the adapter.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant LS1:2776923
    I wouldn't run a spacer over a 1/2". If you need a one inch spacer be sure to get an adapter. Adapters bolt onto the hub and they have their own studs for the wheel to bolt onto the adapter.
    How do they bolt to hub? Like do they bolt on to the current studs? When you say adapter do you mean a 1" spacer that has it's own studs or is this in addition to the spacer?
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 05-18-2012 at 07:10 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

those calipers look way to pretty but grinding them is always an option. Doesn't look like it would take much from the picture. Grind them a little and then have them powder coated again.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion:2776980
    those calipers look way to pretty but grinding them is always an option. Doesn't look like it would take much from the picture. Grind them a little and then have them powder coated again.
    I'd rather not grind the caliper but is grinding the wheel an option? I plan on getting different ones at some point with a 40ish offset or 54-56 offset. The main trouble I am having is figuring out how big of a spacer I need if I go that route. Although if someone can suggest some 20" wheels that will fit with or without a spacer I may just buy new wheels for the front. The tires are new so I don't really want to switch to a different size.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

You need a lower offset to push the wheels out a bit, not higher
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1:2777023
    You need a lower offset to push the wheels out a bit, not higher
    Well mine are 38 or so but my spokes curve in a bit. So if I were to get new wheels I need spokes that are straighter and don't go too far in. I think if my wheels weren't deep dish they would be good. So I am thinking of getting either between 1-1.25" spacers with their own studs unless I can find suitable wheels. Btw I need more space than the picture shows because those are my rears on the front.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 05-18-2012 at 02:42 PM.

The Generals Finest Deviant LS1's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

The adapter has holes in it where the hub studs stick threw and you attach the adapter to the hub with lug nuts. The adapter has it's own studs for the wheel to attach to it. I would not run your spacer with an adapter. I would just get the appropriate size adapter.

These pictures are the more generic kind. I would look for the ones that are hub centric and wheel centric.

I ran 1" adapters on stock lugnuts in the rear of my Trans Am w/ over 600ft/tq on the nitrous and I never had an issue. They held up find.
    Last edited by Deviant LS1; 05-19-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Black/ Silver

Okay cool what is a good brand to go with? And do they need inner cores? I was reading that some need the inserts. Another thing will my 2.5" studs work with them I am guessing I will have to grind them a bit.

Thread Information