Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Wheel fitment?

This is a discussion on Wheel fitment? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS I'm not sure if you are lowered or not but a pretty common set up is ...

  1. #21
    Knight Rider KnightmareWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    321

    2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I'm not sure if you are lowered or not but a pretty common set up is 275s F and 295s R and that translates to 18x9 - 9.5 F and 18x10.5 R
    No suspension mods yet. Was looking at getting a set of Strano springs though. 18's all around? What about 18's up front and 19's in the back? I want the staggered kinda look. Would 17's up front and 18's in back be better? I would think that the 18f and 19r setup would look better. But, it all depends on what fits.

  2. #22
    Member RedSmokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CA (sacramento)
    Posts
    226

    Black
    F250

    If your trying to keep it to somewhat of a budget, you should know tires for 19" rim = $$$$$

    Look into tire costs before you buy new wheels...
    Last edited by RedSmokey; 04-22-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: I dont know how to spell

  3. #23
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    IMO 18s are the biggest rim that belong on an fbody. I like 17s and i like 18s but 19s are way too big. Get 17s up front and 18s out back, lower it, and you'll like the way it sits. Don't forget to throw an adjustable panhard bar in there so your rear end alignment doesn't go crazy on you. It'll keep your tires from rubbing. Good choice with the stranos but wait till you get a set of shocks before doing springs.

  4. #24
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    IMO 18s are the biggest rim that belong on an fbody. I like 17s and i like 18s but 19s are way too big. Get 17s up front and 18s out back, lower it, and you'll like the way it sits. Don't forget to throw an adjustable panhard bar in there so your rear end alignment doesn't go crazy on you. It'll keep your tires from rubbing. Good choice with the stranos but wait till you get a set of shocks before doing springs.
    ^+1
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  5. #25
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    IMO 18s are the biggest rim that belong on an fbody. I like 17s and i like 18s but 19s are way too big. Get 17s up front and 18s out back, lower it, and you'll like the way it sits. Don't forget to throw an adjustable panhard bar in there so your rear end alignment doesn't go crazy on you. It'll keep your tires from rubbing. Good choice with the stranos but wait till you get a set of shocks before doing springs.
    Everybody has their opinion on this matter. I personally like 19s, but this topic usually turns into a Anyway, for your purposes and budget, you will probably want to go with 17 or 18x9-9.5 up front and 17 or 18x10-10.5 out back. This should get you the best combination of tire options and reasonable prices while taking fitment issues into consideration. You should not have trouble tucking 295-315s out back on a 10-10.5" rim, just be sure to check before you drive and BFH the wheelwell or ballbat the fenderlip just in case you see potential clearance issues. No matter what you do, you are going to have to take wheel offset into account; however, most popular wheel setups for F-bodies already have had that research done on them, you should be able to talk to the dealer or manufacturer and get the right offset without a problem. Good luck, and post those pics when you're done

  6. #26
    Member Superwoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    49
    Posts
    156

    Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    i got 11.5s on a 50mm offset and they are a tight fit
    12s would fit on the right offset but they will probablt stick out the wheel wells a gppd amount. You will also most likely have to ogrind off your bumpstops do lots of hammering and roll your lips

    tired will most likely cost a fortune 18s cost more than enough
    You can find 18" tires reasonable but 19" tires are stupid expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Everybody has their opinion on this matter. I personally like 19s, but this topic usually turns into a .......
    Me too, just wish tires were less.
    Last edited by Superwoody; 04-23-2010 at 05:56 AM.

  7. #27
    Knight Rider KnightmareWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    321

    2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    IMO 18s are the biggest rim that belong on an fbody. I like 17s and i like 18s but 19s are way too big. Get 17s up front and 18s out back, lower it, and you'll like the way it sits. Don't forget to throw an adjustable panhard bar in there so your rear end alignment doesn't go crazy on you. It'll keep your tires from rubbing. Good choice with the stranos but wait till you get a set of shocks before doing springs.
    Ok, if I got with 17s in the front and 18s in the back to get the staggered look, what has to be done to reprogram the speedometer to adjust for the new wheel size? Will having them staggered mess it up?

  8. #28
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Ok, if I got with 17s in the front and 18s in the back to get the staggered look, what has to be done to reprogram the speedometer to adjust for the new wheel size? Will having them staggered mess it up?
    i'm pretty sure you don't have to do anything it may be off a MPH but thats it

  9. #29
    Member Superwoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    49
    Posts
    156

    Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Ok, if I got with 17s in the front and 18s in the back to get the staggered look, what has to be done to reprogram the speedometer to adjust for the new wheel size? Will having them staggered mess it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i'm pretty sure you don't have to do anything it may be off a MPH but thats it
    The stock tires are approx 26 in dia (just under) so as long as you stay close to that tire dia regardless of what rim size you have your speedo shouldn't change.

  10. #30
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Ok, if I got with 17s in the front and 18s in the back to get the staggered look, what has to be done to reprogram the speedometer to adjust for the new wheel size? Will having them staggered mess it up?
    As long as you get a tire size that matches the overall diameter of the stock tire size you will be fine. 245/45/17, 275/40/17, 295/35/18, and 315/30/18 are all close to stock.

    You can use this to see how close you are
    It tells you how far your speedometer will be off as well
    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

  11. #31
    Knight Rider KnightmareWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    321

    2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
    The stock tires are approx 26 in dia (just under) so as long as you stay close to that tire dia regardless of what rim size you have your speedo shouldn't change.
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    As long as you get a tire size that matches the overall diameter of the stock tire size you will be fine. 245/45/17, 275/40/17, 295/35/18, and 315/30/18 are all close to stock.

    You can use this to see how close you are
    It tells you how far your speedometer will be off as well
    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html
    Cool, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: OEM wheel fitment.
    By Dsmdave in forum GTO
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
  2. 99 chevy wheel fitment
    By joejenkinsglass in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 06:38 PM
  3. wheel fitment
    By damianj03 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 07:15 PM
  4. wheel fitment
    By o2 z28 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 03:52 PM
  5. Wheel fitment Q.
    By graveyardman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 04:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •