Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

What size tires won't rub

This is a discussion on What size tires won't rub within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Originally Posted by mpfranks i really want the 315's, but like i said do not want to roll the fender. ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i really want the 315's, but like i said do not want to roll the fender. the bfh mod wont bother me. so im not sure yet
    so I should be just fine with 295's and a spacer...
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  2. #22
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    so I should be just fine with 295's and a spacer...
    I would not run any spacers.

  3. #23
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I would not run any spacers.
    I guess I'm confused then...why does everyone seem to suggest that I need a spacer?

  4. #24
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I guess I'm confused then...why does everyone seem to suggest that I need a spacer?
    I run 295s, no spacer. Friend of mine ran spacers, CCW wheels, sheered his lugs and his rear passenger wheel went rolling in front of him driving down the highway. If you insist on running spacers, at least put hardened wheel studs(ARP) in. I still wouldn't run spacers for the life of me though.

  5. #25
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I run 295s, no spacer. Friend of mine ran spacers, CCW wheels, sheered his lugs and his rear passenger wheel went rolling in front of him driving down the highway. If you insist on running spacers, at least put hardened wheel studs(ARP) in. I still wouldn't run spacers for the life of me though.
    is yours lowered?

  6. #26
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    is yours lowered?
    BMR springs, so 1.25"

  7. #27
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    BMR springs, so 1.25"
    yea that's only .05 off from mine that shouldn't make a huge difference...I really don't wanna have to put anything on there but like anyone else I don't want the tires rubbing on anything
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 02-21-2010 at 09:16 PM.

  8. #28
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    yea that's only .05 off from mine that shouldn't make a huge difference...I really don't wanna have to put anything on there but like anyone else I don't want the tires rubbing on anything
    I really don't think you need or want spacers.

  9. #29
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I really don't think you need or want spacers.
    what about same rim set up, with 315's?

  10. #30
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I really don't think you need or want spacers.
    that's what I like to hear...thanks for helping me out again ha

  11. #31
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    what about same rim set up, with 315's?
    I don't think so, but I don't have any personal experience with 315s either. I would avoid spacers at all costs personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    that's what I like to hear...thanks for helping me out again ha
    Anytime

  12. #32
    Millennium Falcon mpfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, Oh
    Posts
    689

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I don't think so, but I don't have any personal experience with 315s either. I would avoid spacers at all costs personally.



    Anytime
    im more concerned about the fender lip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What size of tires please
    By stefos in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-16-2010, 04:28 AM
  2. what size tires can I fit under my SS?
    By SmokinSS in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
  3. what size of 18's tires
    By stefos in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 11:51 PM
  4. What Tires Size
    By B.A.N.A.T.A. in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 09:12 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 04:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •