Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What Rotors?

This is a discussion on What Rotors? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Personally, I'd NEVER recommend drilled AND slotted rotors. Slotted is more than enough and should be perfectly fine. I've had ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Personally, I'd NEVER recommend drilled AND slotted rotors. Slotted is more than enough and should be perfectly fine. I've had serious problems with drilled and slotted. Serious warping, cracking, etc. I'd never say stock is better than something like Baer slotted or such, but personally, I'd go with something like C5 conversion and maybe slotted Baer rotors.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Personally, I'd NEVER recommend drilled AND slotted rotors. Slotted is more than enough and should be perfectly fine. I've had serious problems with drilled and slotted. Serious warping, cracking, etc. I'd never say stock is better than something like Baer slotted or such, but personally, I'd go with something like C5 conversion and maybe slotted Baer rotors.
    Sorry but unless you special order the rotors from Baer they ALL come slotted and drilled.

The EradiSpeed Rotors are the nicer ones with the 2 piece design. The hat is aluminum and usually black and the rotor surface is Zinc washed for NO rust. These carry a lifetime warranty against warping.

Decela Rotors are a 1 piece design that is also zinc washed and has a 36 month warranty against warping.

You put the Decela Rotors and some good pads and you'll have more than most street tires not to mention roads can handle.

Here is a link to the best price on those I know of.
    http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=6934

http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=6884
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Afraid I will have to make you swear. I am just parrotting the information I have gotten from the brake companies that I have dealt with (which ended up saving me money). The comparision I always make is why a true slick naturally gets better traction then a treaded tire. It is possible that the tech has changed since I last looked heavily into brake systems. The best bet to find some of the best setups is see what the pros are using that are not limited by budget (Formula 1, Indy, etc) and make use of the phone and talk to the companies. Most of the ones that I have dealt with want to help you get a setup that suites your needs.

Now to try and stay on topic I have not tried them for this Camaro, but I have always had success using Baer's products. If you are finding the OEM warping to easily you might want to see what they have to offer.
    Best Slotted and Drilled Rotors

bored and slotted rotors?

take a look at those links... to see some other brake threads we have gone through...

oh and traction and friction are different things... traction includes adhesion...

-me

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

brembo crossdrilled or baer decelarotors (slotted or drilled) for rotors, and a nice set of hawk pads. they are quality products, the rotors will not warp and crack. They have greatly improved the quality of drilled and/or slotted rotors over hte past few year. they are undoubtedly the way to go. both baer and brembo are very reputable companies. and hawk pads rock. you will be happy with your braking performance.

-Rob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information