Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Rotors?

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

What Rotors?

Who makes good quality Rotors for our cars that wont warp?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Blanks.

No drilling, no slots.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Top shelf NAPA brand and the wheels installed with a torque wrench.

White
    99Trans am

ask for original equipment at the parts store when in dought go with original

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

X drilled and sloted rotors I got cheap ones with hawk pads they are so good its scary

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Brembo blank replacement rotors.
    forget drilling drilling/crossing unless you want bling instead of performance and less warping.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

^
    +1 on the Brembo blanks. Ws6project.com has got them for a good price

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

i am using Brembo x-drilled rotors, with hawk pads. they work amazing, no complaints about warping. and they work great.

black trans am

note to all of u guys that think blanks are the best. when u hit ur breaks they make heat and gas to remove the gas u must let off ur breaks if u try to slow down from 130mph to 0 u will make a gas pocket with ur rotors and ur pads making less contact with each outher. when the gas pocket leaks out it will make ur pads snap tight to the rotor making them lock up for a split sec wich makes the abs trun on. once the abs truns one u can kiss ur slow down distance good by and making it take longer to stop u. this may not be much but could be the diffrence between hiting a deer or any thing esle. ir u get a set of sloted rotors that will remove any gas build up u will make is safer to drive and prolong pad and rotor life and maybe ur own

1966 Corvette Coupe

I would say some good quality slotted... X drilled do seem to crack alot... but the slotted will vent off the gasses...
    -me

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You can order the Baer Decela rotors from AutoZone. I have put them on 20+ cars and NEVER had a problem as long as they were seasoned properly.
    They come with a 3 year warr.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    note to all of u guys that think blanks are the best. when u hit ur breaks they make heat and gas to remove the gas u must let off ur breaks if u try to slow down from 130mph to 0 u will make a gas pocket with ur rotors and ur pads making less contact with each outher. when the gas pocket leaks out it will make ur pads snap tight to the rotor making them lock up for a split sec wich makes the abs trun on. once the abs truns one u can kiss ur slow down distance good by and making it take longer to stop u. this may not be much but could be the diffrence between hiting a deer or any thing esle. ir u get a set of sloted rotors that will remove any gas build up u will make is safer to drive and prolong pad and rotor life and maybe ur own
    This is absolutely correct with older brake pad materials from what I understand. However, most brake manufactures that I have spoken to recently agree that modern pads do not need slots to vent gases, and prefer for pure stopping power a rotor with no holes or slots.

Auto zone blanks. Don't waste your money on anything else.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

The x drilled rotors I have seen crack look like they needed to be replaced long befor the cracking started my stock rotors warped so bad the hole car would shake x drilled slotted now and my car stops on a dime wet or dry also tq your weels to 90 ft pounds its what it says in the manual and it will keep from warping your rotors oh and follow proper break in steps for your new brakes hawk pads are awsome

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    This is absolutely correct with older brake pad materials from what I understand. However, most brake manufactures that I have spoken to recently agree that modern pads do not need slots to vent gases, and prefer for pure stopping power a rotor with no holes or slots.
    Explain to me how a blank gives you "pure stopping power"...

and if you say suface area i swear to god...

-me

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Explain to me how a blank gives you "pure stopping power"...

and if you say suface area i swear to god...

-me
    Afraid I will have to make you swear. I am just parrotting the information I have gotten from the brake companies that I have dealt with (which ended up saving me money). The comparision I always make is why a true slick naturally gets better traction then a treaded tire. It is possible that the tech has changed since I last looked heavily into brake systems. The best bet to find some of the best setups is see what the pros are using that are not limited by budget (Formula 1, Indy, etc) and make use of the phone and talk to the companies. Most of the ones that I have dealt with want to help you get a setup that suites your needs.

Now to try and stay on topic I have not tried them for this Camaro, but I have always had success using Baer's products. If you are finding the OEM warping to easily you might want to see what they have to offer.

White
    2001 Ws6

are thease any good?

Rotoworks Slotted/Drilled

and there are Dora blanks oem replacements

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Afraid I will have to make you swear. I am just parrotting the information I have gotten from the brake companies that I have dealt with (which ended up saving me money). The comparision I always make is why a true slick naturally gets better traction then a treaded tire. It is possible that the tech has changed since I last looked heavily into brake systems. The best bet to find some of the best setups is see what the pros are using that are not limited by budget (Formula 1, Indy, etc) and make use of the phone and talk to the companies. Most of the ones that I have dealt with want to help you get a setup that suites your needs.

Now to try and stay on topic I have not tried them for this Camaro, but I have always had success using Baer's products. If you are finding the OEM warping to easily you might want to see what they have to offer.
    I have a few friends that work at Baer here in AZ and to say that cross/drilled slotted rotors are not needed due to newer brake pads is false in my opinion and knowledge base. How long do you think cross drilled/slotted rotors have been widely available?
    When you said "older brake pad materials" what are you referring to asbestos?
    The point is to relieve gasses which create heat. To make a comparison to Indy and F1 is CRAZY. Those 14"-16" inch rotors and 6 piston calipers are nothing that is on any GM based car we are talking about.

I know about Indy brakes and have put over a 1000 miles on a 05 Porsche Carrera GT that has Ceramic Composite Indy car brakes.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    sorry to burst your gas bubble... pad technology has improved in the last 30 years and this is no longer true for ages.

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_WS6_ View Post
    are thease any good?

Rotoworks Slotted/Drilled

and there are Dora blanks oem replacements
    That is what I got I have around 8,000 miles on them. I don't go crazy, but had them in the mountains of TN.and had them "fun driving" in southen Indiana. No problem here. They are rotoworks slotted & drilled. I would buy them again and they look great.
    Last edited by blk99ws6ta; 05-17-2008 at 03:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information