Results 1 to 17 of 17

What brand 275 40 17 all season tires?

This is a discussion on What brand 275 40 17 all season tires? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; What do you recommend? I have bfg kdws but am getting eagle f1 all season tonight...what do you use?...

  1. #1
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    What brand 275 40 17 all season tires?

    What do you recommend?

    I have bfg kdws but am getting eagle f1 all season tonight...what do you use?

  2. #2
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air


  3. #3
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Eagle F1s

  4. #4
    Senior Member JonB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,458

    Black
    2005 GTO

    I've been running the bfg kdws for about 2 years now. Will probably got to a summer tire next time not really sure why I went with an all season in the first place. I've got about 25,000 on the tires so far and can easly get another 5,000 out of them before the summer rains come.

  5. #5
    Im trying the G-Force Super Sport. Not many miles on them yet but definately stickier than the BFG Radial TA they replace.

  6. #6
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Falken Azenis 615s.




    .
    -= 2004 Machine Silver C5Z06 Vette =-

  7. #7
    Junior Member driving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shadow Hills CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    34

    Navy Blue Metallic
    01 SS,TT, SLP, M6

    wet weather and the 615's dont go very well. Especially tail happy f-body's. I would recommend Nitto 555's. Best all around tire for the price.

  8. #8
    Member eatsrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    palatine
    Age
    28
    Posts
    143

    black
    2001 formula firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by driving View Post
    wet weather and the 615's dont go very well. Especially tail happy f-body's. I would recommend Nitto 555's. Best all around tire for the price.
    hey "driving", the nitto 555's are really nice I want to buy them but is that only a drag radial or could I get them for the front and back?

  9. #9
    Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Seymour, Indiana
    Posts
    629

    Batman Black
    1996 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by eatsrice View Post
    hey "driving", the nitto 555's are really nice I want to buy them but is that only a drag radial or could I get them for the front and back?
    there is nitto NT555's there not drag radials but they make them

    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ref...mance&mf=Nitto

  10. #10
    Member GNICTRY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    558

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

    whats the average mileage on nittros 555....tread wear...i have a lead foot most of the time...

  11. #11
    Member eatsrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    palatine
    Age
    28
    Posts
    143

    black
    2001 formula firebird

    ok cool, so I can get nitto 555r drag radials in the back, and then nitto 555 tires in the front. thanks

  12. #12
    Member Bearcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pasadena Crapifornia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    185

    Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by driving View Post
    wet weather and the 615's dont go very well. Especially tail happy f-body's. I would recommend Nitto 555's. Best all around tire for the price.
    Those look interesting, they have good reviews on Discounttires.

  13. #13
    Member Tracker9118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    138

    Black
    99 Z-28

    I had goodyear F-1 on my Z only got bout 20.000 mi out of them.
    Went in for new ones & they jumped from $700.00 a set to 840.00 so now im trying bf-gs kdws.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker9118 View Post
    I had goodyear F-1 on my Z only got bout 20.000 mi out of them.
    Went in for new ones & they jumped from $700.00 a set to 840.00 so now im trying bf-gs kdws.
    So did you consider the G Force Super Sport AS at $540 a set?

  15. #15
    You got a hemi HAHA bowtiemonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    pueblo, colorado
    Age
    45
    Posts
    36

    Arrest me red
    2000 camaro ss

    I run continental extremecontacts. I use them in the winter and have better control then in my truck and running with 4.10 gears.

  16. #16
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiemonster View Post
    I run continental extremecontacts. I use them in the winter and have better control then in my truck and running with 4.10 gears.
    i bought these last august--also now not sure why i went with all season in TX--thought i'd get more tread life but didn't realize how much stick i'd be giving up. I will definately be getting something different. Lots of tread squirm, very noisy (squeal easily), and give a much 'looser' feel. I"ve had eagle f1's and bfg gforce sports before these and both were much better. looking at kuhmo spt's or the nitto 555's listed above as options for next time.

  17. #17
    You got a hemi HAHA bowtiemonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    pueblo, colorado
    Age
    45
    Posts
    36

    Arrest me red
    2000 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    i bought these last august--also now not sure why i went with all season in TX--thought i'd get more tread life but didn't realize how much stick i'd be giving up. I will definately be getting something different. Lots of tread squirm, very noisy (squeal easily), and give a much 'looser' feel. I"ve had eagle f1's and bfg gforce sports before these and both were much better. looking at kuhmo spt's or the nitto 555's listed above as options for next time.
    Very true on all acounts but They do what I need them to do and in colorado it snows enough to justify them. Not great for wet traction but did last longer then i thought they would. for wet or dry traction nitto 555

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. All-Season vs Winter Tires - video
    By trev0006 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 11:28 PM
  2. All Season Tires
    By Z28_Driver in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 07:13 AM
  3. All season tires
    By robahr24 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
  4. Drag tires replaced every season?
    By Mr. Luos in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
  5. Recommendations: 275/40-17 All-season tires
    By BowtieFever in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 06:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •