Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Torque thrust IIs or Torque thrust M's

This is a discussion on Torque thrust IIs or Torque thrust M's within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; What is the difference between these two rims. I've only seen the pics on Tirerack.com but nowhere can I really ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326

    Torque thrust IIs or Torque thrust M's

    What is the difference between these two rims. I've only seen the pics on Tirerack.com but nowhere can I really find out any differences in them (even their own website). I think I might like the look of the M's slightly better and they are WAY cheaper....but at what cost to quality or materials?

    Are there any other wheels out there that are very similar in design to these....perhaps Cragar's but anything else?

  2. #2
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    What color car?


    And tirerack is going to be WAY pricey.
    TomZwheels is the place to buy.

  3. #3
    Member wenn_du_weinst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    198
    any link or pictures

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326
    The car is dark blue (standard WS6 factory color, not a custom blue) But I don't see where color will make a difference as both rims are the same color.

    Though I guess darker colored rims are available in similar styles, I wasn't really talking about those though.

  5. #5
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    IMO, the TTII's look better... the M's look a lot like cobra rims to me.. And at Tomz, you can get a staggered wheel tire package in TTII's for less than $1200 I believe...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326
    Trouble with both of those wheels is that they don't come in the size I was thinking. I was gonna go 10.5 rear, 10 rear front. But there is no such thing as a 10" and the TTII's dont come in 10.5" either.
    But I am still figureing one the sizes, so we'll see.

  7. #7
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    Trouble with both of those wheels is that they don't come in the size I was thinking. I was gonna go 10.5 rear, 10 rear front. But there is no such thing as a 10" and the TTII's dont come in 10.5" either.
    But I am still figureing one the sizes, so we'll see.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245

    These are about the closest you're going to get to the size you want for this type of wheel

  8. #8
    Junior Member Ryans_Pewter_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    71

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

    I have 18x10.5's on all four. Black TT2's

  9. #9
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    TTM's FTW

  10. #10
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    IMO, the TTII's look better... the M's look a lot like cobra rims to me.. And at Tomz, you can get a staggered wheel tire package in TTII's for less than $1200 I believe...
    They do look like them but fuck-um they look good on my SS

  11. #11
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    They do look like them but fuck-um they look good on my SS
    Pics please

  12. #12
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437



  13. #13
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    .....I guess I do like them a bit. Could be the fact that I looove black camaros too...and any gunmetal colored rims... looks good man, how do you like those Kumho Ecstas?

  14. #14
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    .....I guess I do like them a bit. Could be the fact that I looove black camaros too...and any gunmetal colored rims... looks good man, how do you like those Kumho Ecstas?
    Nice and stickey when warm, as long as the center-cap says american racing and not cobra i'm fine


  15. #15
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Nice and stickey when warm, as long as the center-cap says american racing and not cobra i'm fine

    Click for full size
    Good point. I gotta get tires when tax season comes around, just checking out options... I'll put them on the list and see. Was leaning on going back to G-Force Sports...but I dunno, we'll see. If I've got the extra cash, I know that KDW 2's are on the top of the list

  16. #16
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Good point. I gotta get tires when tax season comes around, just checking out options... I'll put them on the list and see. Was leaning on going back to G-Force Sports...but I dunno, we'll see. If I've got the extra cash, I know that KDW 2's are on the top of the list
    I hunted around for some time before i got these, good bang for the buck and i still have GOOD tread, got them last year feb.

  17. #17
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    I got my TTIIs from WS6store and I got the 17x11s for the back and 17X9's up front.

    Way cheaper than Tire Rack and they had them in stock. Tire Rack had me on back order.

    The Falken FK452's have lasted all year with me doing some long lasting super smokers and still have a good amount of tread.

    I'm going for the Nitto 555s this next spring and going with the 315's on the back.

    I'm planning on settling down with the super smokers this next year though....lol.

  18. #18
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    I got my TTIIs from WS6store and I got the 17x11s for the back and 17X9's up front.

    Way cheaper than Tire Rack and they had them in stock. Tire Rack had me on back order.

    The Falken FK452's have lasted all year with me doing some long lasting super smokers and still have a good amount of tread.

    I'm going for the Nitto 555s this next spring and going with the 315's on the back.

    I'm planning on settling down with the super smokers this next year though....lol.
    DD? and if so how many miles a week.

  19. #19
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    DD? and if so how many miles a week.
    Dang, don't know. Maybe about 300.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    7

    red
    99 ta conv.

    tt II

    I've got some ttII's that I'm going to sale 17x11 on sumitomo 315/35 and 17x9.5 on daytona 275/40s 6 months old $800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Torque Thrust II's vs Torque ThrustM Chrome's??
    By SteelmanLS1 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 04:36 PM
  2. Other than torque thrust
    By LS1 Kahboy in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
  3. Torque thrust II ???
    By derekws6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •