was told 18"x9"s would NOT fit correctly

This is a discussion on was told 18"x9"s would NOT fit correctly within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Ok In regards to my other thread about hitting a river rock and needing new wheels. . . I have ...

01 NHRA n AZ
    Phoenix, Arizona

2001 NHRA edition TransAm

Question was told 18"x9"s would NOT fit correctly

Ok In regards to my other thread about hitting a river rock and needing new wheels. . . I have selected the BOSS 304 Series as the look I want. Feedback anyone??? In addition, I am looking a t a set of 4 on ebay for $779.00 that are 18"x8". I am wondering what the widest tire I can fit on that wheel is?? I am also wanting to know if getting a 18"x9" would not fit correctly on my car as I asked the guy who is selling this set if he had 18"x9" so that I could fit a 275/35/18 smoothly on it as opposed to having a tough time getting em on a 18"x8" wheel and he told me that the 18x9 would NOT fit correctly and that it would stick out 2" past the body. I am not sure what the specs are on the 18" Niche Shock wheels that i have on there now as they came on the car when I bought it. Which came with 245/40/18s on em at that time. Since I have had 275/35s put on em but each time I have to have the tires replaced, the machines break that put on the tires and my rims end up getting handled roughly and it takes 5 times what it should to just put on tires. NOw. . .I have two almost brand new Toyo's on the rear at 275/35 and would hate to buy the 18"x8"s and have em not be able to fit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

orlando, fl

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

for the 18 x 9 wheel to fit, it would need about a 53-55 mm offset. ask the guy what the offset is. you are better off with a 9" wheel for the 275" tire.

Montreal, CANADA

2000 CamaroSS convertible

the offset will determine wether the wheel will stick out or in.
    stock offset is +50mm on a 9" wide wheel.
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information