01 NHRA n AZ

BLACK
    2001 NHRA edition TransAm

Question was told 18"x9"s would NOT fit correctly

Ok In regards to my other thread about hitting a river rock and needing new wheels. . . I have selected the BOSS 304 Series as the look I want. Feedback anyone??? In addition, I am looking a t a set of 4 on ebay for $779.00 that are 18"x8". I am wondering what the widest tire I can fit on that wheel is?? I am also wanting to know if getting a 18"x9" would not fit correctly on my car as I asked the guy who is selling this set if he had 18"x9" so that I could fit a 275/35/18 smoothly on it as opposed to having a tough time getting em on a 18"x8" wheel and he told me that the 18x9 would NOT fit correctly and that it would stick out 2" past the body. I am not sure what the specs are on the 18" Niche Shock wheels that i have on there now as they came on the car when I bought it. Which came with 245/40/18s on em at that time. Since I have had 275/35s put on em but each time I have to have the tires replaced, the machines break that put on the tires and my rims end up getting handled roughly and it takes 5 times what it should to just put on tires. NOw. . .I have two almost brand new Toyo's on the rear at 275/35 and would hate to buy the 18"x8"s and have em not be able to fit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

for the 18 x 9 wheel to fit, it would need about a 53-55 mm offset. ask the guy what the offset is. you are better off with a 9" wheel for the 275" tire.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

the offset will determine wether the wheel will stick out or in.
    stock offset is +50mm on a 9" wide wheel.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information