Red
    2001 ws6

tires for daily driving

Hey guys my dd is an 08 acura and I need new tires for her. The tire size is p235/45/r 17 . . . I'm in ny so I'm looking for something for rain/snow etc the tire guy recommended the continental dws rated at 40k miles for 165 mounted and balanced a peice. Good tire? I don't mind spending 165 if it's a good tire that will last. Anything better for a little cheaper?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I bought the Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires for my 2008 Impala LTZ and those tires kick serious ass. They handle awesome in weather and are an all-around great tire for the money. Mine were a little more since I have 18's on the Impala, but I don't have any regrets with the tire. I looked online before buying and saw nothing but great reviews also.

Red
    2001 ws6

Ya all the reviews look good. Thanks for the input I think I'm guna go with them

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

tires for daily driving

I second the DWS as I have been installing them on customers' vehicles as of late. Haven't heard any complaints.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I have not tried the Contis, but I will throw in a vote or Michielin Pilot Sports All Season Plus. When I bought my Z, it had Goodyear Eagle F1 GSDs on it. Driving in the rain (i.e. everyday) felt like you were gambling your life with Vegas odds... when I switched to the Michelins, I noticed NO difference in feel driving on wet or dry roads. They grip just the same cruising down the road. They perform better than the Goodyears, too (in my experience). Even after moving to Phoenix, I picked up another set without even thinking twice about summer tires.
    Last edited by Naaman; 02-27-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I had Michelin Pilots on the CTS and they were great. Right now, we are running Falkens on 3 of our cars, including the Trans Am.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Read good things on the nitto motivo's. Not sure if they come in the size yo are looking for.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Riken raptors...best daily driver tire I have found and they are nice and cheap too. Im not saying to take them on a road course, but they are nice tires. Parent company is Michelin if that says anything...

Red
    2001 ws6

Kind of the reason I had to get new tires was one got a flat from hitting a pothole that bent the rim. The tires had about another 5 on them anyway. Got the rim fixed but now 3 weeks later have another dent in the same rim pretty noticeable in a different spot on the rim. Do you guys think I should get it fixed for another 100 bucks or buy a new one for 350. Is it a weak rim or does getting them molded back into shape however they do it make the rim weaker and more likely to bend again?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    Kind of the reason I had to get new tires was one got a flat from hitting a pothole that bent the rim. The tires had about another 5 on them anyway. Got the rim fixed but now 3 weeks later have another dent in the same rim pretty noticeable in a different spot on the rim. Do you guys think I should get it fixed for another 100 bucks or buy a new one for 350. Is it a weak rim or does getting them molded back into shape however they do it make the rim weaker and more likely to bend again?
    I haven't heard anything about limitations on the amounts of repairs to wheels. I have dealt with customers who bend wheels time and time again and we send their wheels out to be straightened.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Have you seen what kind of mileage the conti extreme dws have been getting? Been eyeballing them for when I get new wheels. Like my nittos but looking for a tire that can handle more types of weather. This years winter has been a pain.
    Last edited by raynor139; 03-05-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Have you seen what kind of mileage the conti extreme dws have been getting? Been eyeballing them for when I get new wheels. Like my nittos but looking for a tire that can handle more types of weather. This years winter has been a pain.
    When I bought my Michelin All Seasons (see my post above), they were mfr warrantied for 45,000 miles. They grip really well, too.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Pewter
    2k WS6 A4

Love falken ziex xl

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I haven't heard anything about limitations on the amounts of repairs to wheels. I have dealt with customers who bend wheels time and time again and we send their wheels out to be straightened.
    I guess for 100 bucks I'll get it done again.
    The Sexy Plain Jane

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    I have about 35,000 miles on mine with regular tire rotations and they still have a lot of tread left.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

The continental DWS are what I put on my car again. I had about 30000 on the fronts and they still worked great. Even when I drove in 6" of snow. I think your problems with the rim is the small sidewall on the tire. For some reason the roads are extra crappy around here right now.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

^^this. Any wheel above 15" will bend when subjected to a decent size pothole. I have been dealing with bent 16/17/18/19/20" rims as of late. This winter has been HORRIBLE on roads as well as rims. The lesser the sidewall...the more impact is absorbed, resulting in bubbles on tires/blowouts and bent rims.

Thread Information