red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

tires for 17x9.5

Well i thought i had made my mind up two weeks ago, but that changed so now i am going with the 17x9.5's all the way around. What tire size would look best. should i go with like a 40 or 45 series and how about the width. as stated before i don't want them rubbing, dont want to do the BFH mod, i was thinking somewhere betweem 255 and 275. I need some suggestions though. Also i want an agressive looking tire that performs well and has descent tread wear. not worried about how loud they are. Ive been looking at pirelli's, general grabber and so forth. anyone used a set of these before? thanks again for your time and sorry for the repeated question.

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

how about the mastercraft avenger? anyone had a set of these

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

i'd go with 275/40-17 all around.
    as for pirelli's, which ones were you looking into ?
    what exactly are your tire requirements ?
    is it a daily-driver ? how much mileage you expect out of tires ?
    do you do any occasional racing ? (if so, what kind ?)
    you drive in the rain ? snow ?
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

don't drive it everyday, mostly on nice days, but i;ll go ahead and say daily driver in summer time. No snow as the car goes into storage around end of October and rain occasionally. As for mileage, i know not to expect much with a high speed tire, but i do like the aggressive "v" design. Just can't afford the F1's right now. Don't do much racing anymore, just the occasional street race from time to time. I like the KDW's but once again the price is killing me right now (unless everysite ive checked is overpriced...). I know you get what you pay for, but im gettin married next weekend and we were planning on taking a trip to florida for the honeymoon in my car. Now I am scrambling to get these rims and tires on my car and with everything else going on (ac compressor just went out....$350 for the compressor...still waiting for it) im about to be bald for the wedding. Im going to hunt some more tonight for the KDW's but so far i think the best i found them was right around $220 (ive looked at so many tires in the last few days that i might be wrong) i'll be on here late again tonight so if anyone has a good site for tires please let me know. thanks again guys.

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

alright i have found the KDW's for around 169 which i can handle. anybody cheaper than this?

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

BFGoodrich KDW work great... another alternative is the Kumho MX (which from memory isn't too expensive) and it's very similar tire... a bit grippier than the KDW.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

I have KDWS 285/40/17 on 9.5 x 17 ZR1 with 56mm offset. No probs!
    Bowtie good! Blue oval not so good! Bob in the PRK

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

update....went ahead and bought the 275/40/17 KDW's from tire rack, after shipping they were the cheapest i found and highly recommended. should be here saturday or monday. I will feel better once i get the tires, rims, and my damn compressor. Kudos to all for helping me on tires and tire size, can't wait to see how these KDW's perform. thanks again.

blk
    1999 T/A

I wish I would have registered early becaus I have new set of potenza's 275-40-17 I would have let you get for $300 plus shipping. I want to trade them for a set of 265-70-17's for a SUV. SORRY!

red
    1994 Trans Am GT Convt.

just got back from the honeymoon on my brand new set of 275/40/17 BFG KDW's and all i can say is WOW. These tires are completely different then the shitty ass Goodyears Eagle II's I had on the car. They hook up so fast, haven't completely laid into it yet, but i use to be able to chirp from 1st to
    2nd on 1/2-3/4 throttle with tranny perf. on and can't even do that now. The response these tires have are amazing, I really enjoyed driving though the Appl. Mts with these tires. Put about 2700 miles on them on the trip and everything went great. Got caught in a down-pour in the Mts, and the wet traction these things have blew my mind. Wet traction was what i was really skeptical about, but now i am a firm believer. Will never buy another brand of tire for my bird!! Just want to thank everyone for suggesting these tires they are everything you guys said and more.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by kage 62005 View Post
    G-Force T/A KDW 275/40/17
    That is what I am running up front on my 9.5" wheels.
    Love 'em.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Thread Information