Results 1 to 18 of 18

tires

This is a discussion on tires within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; i need a set of tires i was thinking of the nitto nt 555, but discount tire direct doesn't ship ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20

    black
    2002 camaro ss

    tires

    i need a set of tires i was thinking of the nitto nt 555, but discount tire direct doesn't ship nittos to Canada anymore since a week ago. Ive been trying to contact them for two weeks i finally get a hold of them and thats what they tell me just my luck. Any tires that you guys or girls recommend.
    also i want to be able to rotate them, so no drag radials and good dry and wet traction.

  2. #2
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    what are specifically looking for in the tire?
    2012 Regal GS

    2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

  3. #3
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    What kind of price range are you looking for? Planning to bump up in size, or no?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20

    black
    2002 camaro ss

    Im gonna keep the stock size 275 40 17 and i want to be able to rotate them.
    my cars a daily driver in the summer so i need them to be good in the rain, also i do kind of have a heavy foot, i drive aggressively, my price range is about 180-220 a tire. i want a tire that grips well around corners and has good traction in wet or dry roads, but i also want them to last.

  5. #5
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by o2 double s camaro View Post
    Im gonna keep the stock size 275 40 17 and i want to be able to rotate them.
    my cars a daily driver in the summer so i need them to be good in the rain, also i do kind of have a heavy foot, i drive aggressively, my price range is about 180-220 a tire. i want a tire that grips well around corners and has good traction in wet or dry roads, but i also want them to last.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

    I was at the tire rack last week ordering tires and these were the 3 best the sales guy recommended and they are all within your price range but from what he said the Michelins were the best and it looks like they have a $70 rebate if you buy 4...I do have some eagle gs-d3s i need to get rid of with 90% of the tread left in this size
    Last edited by 2001camaroSS; 03-24-2010 at 08:15 AM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    20

    black
    2002 camaro ss

    oh thanks man i like the bfgs, but there kind of expensive thou. I looked into tires and i came across the yokohama s. drive i can get them for a good deal, but what do you think about the s drives?

  7. #7
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by o2 double s camaro View Post
    oh thanks man i like the bfgs, but there kind of expensive thou. I looked into tires and i came across the yokohama s. drive i can get them for a good deal, but what do you think about the s drives?
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

    the look like a pretty good tire to me according to what other people have said about them and looks like you can get them for a pretty good price. i don't see why not

  8. #8
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    you could try and see if online tires will ship to your area

  9. #9
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I paid $950 for a set of 18" BFG KDW NT's. For you 17's you could get them enem cheaper. If your looking for place to order from and get a good deal a a great selection, I have ordered alot if tires for my old car and several sets for friends. tires-easy.com and my friend just ordered at set of tires for his Lexus and paid under $450 shipped for 245/40r18. Check them out the sell Nitto's, BFG's, Yokahama's, and everything in between. Best slextion of tires I've found and the cheapest prices and shipping.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

  10. #10
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I paid $950 for a set of 18" BFG KDW NT's. For you 17's you could get them enem cheaper. If your looking for place to order from and get a good deal a a great selection, I have ordered alot if tires for my old car and several sets for friends. tires-easy.com and my friend just ordered at set of tires for his Lexus and paid under $450 shipped for 245/40r18. Check them out the sell Nitto's, BFG's, Yokahama's, and everything in between. Best slextion of tires I've found and the cheapest prices and shipping.
    Online tires is cheaper

  11. #11
    Member SS201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW KANSAS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    146

    Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

    I agree Onlinetires.com is cheaper.

    Does anyone know if 305/45/18 will fit on rears without problems?

  12. #12
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SS201 View Post
    I agree Onlinetires.com is cheaper.

    Does anyone know if 305/45/18 will fit on rears without problems?
    are you lowered?

  13. #13
    Member SS201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW KANSAS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    146

    Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    are you lowered?
    No car isn't lowered still stock suspension, rolled fender lips, got nittos on Z06 replicas (18X10.5) I think they have a +59 offset.

  14. #14
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SS201 View Post
    No car isn't lowered still stock suspension, rolled fender lips, got nittos on Z06 replicas (18X10.5) I think they have a +59 offset.
    the 305s will fit but the only thing I'm unsure about is the 45 sidewall

  15. #15
    Member SS201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW KANSAS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    146

    Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    the 305s will fit but the only thing I'm unsure about is the 45 sidewall
    Thanks thats what I seem to be getting from other people! That really sux then, cus 35 or 40s side wall is a little more expensive.

  16. #16
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SS201 View Post
    Thanks thats what I seem to be getting from other people! That really sux then, cus 35 or 40s side wall is a little more expensive.
    how much more are they?

  17. #17
    Member Superwoody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    49
    Posts
    156

    Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by SS201 View Post
    I agree Onlinetires.com is cheaper.

    Does anyone know if 305/45/18 will fit on rears without problems?
    Factory tires are 26" that size would be almost 29"! That's a pretty huge difference.

  18. #18
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I would think with that difference in side wall height you could fit it in a thinner and rime that would tuck inside the 1/4 with the fender rolled but at that width and rim size if you hit a hard enough dip in the road it probably do some damage to your 1/4 panel and the tire.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are General Tires Exclaim UHP Good Tires
    By 1995LT1 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
  2. WTB: 17x11 & 17x9.5 wheels and tires and some 18"tires
    By Honda Hunter in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
  3. Snow Tires/Wheels/Summer Tires
    By chasfs in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 07:52 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 04:07 PM
  5. Want to trade my 17x11 TT2's(&tires) for your 17x9.5 TT2's(&tires)
    By Marc '99T/A in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 07:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •