Results 1 to 18 of 18

Tires

This is a discussion on Tires within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; as you guys know they dont make drag radials for 19s (at least i cant find any)... so i had ...

  1. #1
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Tires

    as you guys know they dont make drag radials for 19s (at least i cant find any)... so i had to go with a street tire,

    but i just picked up some bridgestone potenzas 305/30zr/19s and i didnt think they were gonna be worth a crap,but i was wrong. they hook alot better than i ever expected... there kinda expensive ($400 a piece) but IMO i think its worth it, they grab like a champ from any low roll and arnt so bad from a dig either. just thought i would let all you guys with low pros know that when its time for new tires give these a try.
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

    *SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

  2. #2
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    I have 99 stock ws6 rims, what kind of drag radials could i get?

  3. #3
    HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    `da nati
    Posts
    999

    black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    as you guys know they dont make drag radials for 19s (at least i cant find any)... so i had to go with a street tire,

    but i just picked up some bridgestone potenzas 305/30zr/19s and i didnt think they were gonna be worth a crap,but i was wrong. they hook alot better than i ever expected... there kinda expensive ($400 a piece) but IMO i think its worth it, they grab like a champ from any low roll and arnt so bad from a dig either. just thought i would let all you guys with low pros know that when its time for new tires give these a try.
    yeah im also runnin 19`s out back & recently went thru the trouble of finding nice,affordable rubber.i chose toyo proxes 4`s,theyre badass aswell

  4. #4
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    I have 99 stock ws6 rims, what kind of drag radials could i get?
    man.... with havin stock wheels you have ALOT to choose from, 2 good ones are mickey thompson E.T streets, and nitto 555rs (the drag radial) they also make a street tire with close to the same name. if i were you i would go with E.T streets...

  5. #5
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    yeah im also runnin 19`s out back & recently went thru the trouble of finding nice,affordable rubber.i chose toyo proxes 4`s,theyre badass aswell
    sweet.. how much did the cost a peice and whats the treadwear?

  6. #6
    HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    `da nati
    Posts
    999

    black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

    prolly $300+ a piece,i bought them & my wheels togather in a pckge deal.tread wear is great,however my car doesnt get driven all year round & i take it easy on them

  7. #7
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    man.... with havin stock wheels you have ALOT to choose from, 2 good ones are mickey thompson E.T streets, and nitto 555rs (the drag radial) they also make a street tire with close to the same name. if i were you i would go with E.T streets...
    would 315 nittos be too big? and what should i go in the front?

  8. #8
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    would 315 nittos be too big? and what should i go in the front?
    315s MAY fit on ur stock wheels im not sure, and front youll want 275 street tires

  9. #9
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    315s MAY fit on ur stock wheels im not sure, and front youll want 275 street tires
    may? so 275's drag radials may be a better a fit?

  10. #10
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    may? so 275's drag radials may be a better a fit?
    yea 275s you will keep your stock look but theyll just be drag radials

  11. #11
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    yea 275s you will keep your stock look but theyll just be drag radials
    ohh. man i didnt want that, sorry i know im kinda being a pain right now, but is there anything that between 275s an 315s? on ws6store.com they only have 275 and 315s for drag radials.

  12. #12
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    and would i break my rear end with racing from a dig with drag radials?

  13. #13
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    and would i break my rear end with racing from a dig with drag radials?
    no dude questions are never a pain... um i think that they make drag radials in 285 295 and 305s, and no youll be ok on the launch just take it easy and dont launch at like 5 grand haha

  14. #14
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    no dude questions are never a pain... um i think that they make drag radials in 285 295 and 305s, and no youll be ok on the launch just take it easy and dont launch at like 5 grand haha
    thanks man you've been a big help. and you think all those sizes can fit on my stock rims? i want the back tires to be a little fatter makes the car look mean and intimidating from behind.

  15. #15
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    thanks man you've been a big help. and you think all those sizes can fit on my stock rims? i want the back tires to be a little fatter makes the car look mean and intimidating from behind.
    yea i know what you mean, my car is slammed on 305s so they stick out like 315s, i would have 315s but my 305s already rub cuz its lowered. yea all those sizes ahould be good to go. just when you pull up the tire online in the size you want, scroll down and look at the suggested rim size for that tire then you will know if it will fit.

  16. #16
    Member cobrakiller99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    269

    silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    yea i know what you mean, my car is slammed on 305s so they stick out like 315s, i would have 315s but my 305s already rub cuz its lowered. yea all those sizes ahould be good to go. just when you pull up the tire online in the size you want, scroll down and look at the suggested rim size for that tire then you will know if it will fit.
    any suggested websites dude?

  17. #17
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    any suggested websites dude?
    a good one is www.tirerack.com

  18. #18
    Crazy Canuck ! Eugenio_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Montreal, CANADA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,190

    triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    ohh. man i didnt want that, sorry i know im kinda being a pain right now, but is there anything that between 275s an 315s? on ws6store.com they only have 275 and 315s for drag radials.
    275s are good for 9"-9.5" rims
    315s are good for 11-12" rims
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Are General Tires Exclaim UHP Good Tires
    By 1995LT1 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
  2. WTB: 17x11 & 17x9.5 wheels and tires and some 18"tires
    By Honda Hunter in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
  3. Snow Tires/Wheels/Summer Tires
    By chasfs in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 07:52 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 04:07 PM
  5. Want to trade my 17x11 TT2's(&tires) for your 17x9.5 TT2's(&tires)
    By Marc '99T/A in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 07:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •