Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tire Rant and warning... anyone ever use these?

This is a discussion on Tire Rant and warning... anyone ever use these? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; I also have the Gforce Sports... second set.. Pretty happy with them... and they put on a decent smoke show.....

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I also have the Gforce Sports... second set.. Pretty happy with them... and they put on a decent smoke show..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    1998 Trans Am

kuhmo's. very cheap at 60 dollars a tire and seem to be a good buy for the money so far

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Promise517 View Post
    So as we all know our cars have the ability to shorten a tires life quite effectively and because the 275/40 tires don’t carry a tread life warranty I figured I’d buy the best ones possible. I thought that those tires where the BF Goodrich Gforce Super Sport A/S (the ones that have the 1 g turn advertisement)….man was I wrong, I felt like I was out of control the every time I punched it I must say that these things felt more unsafe in dry weather than the bald tires I had on my car in the rain. So I went with some Firehawk Indy 500’s and those things may be where I stay from here on out so far I love them.

Review Link for the BF tires http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....er+Sport+A%2FS

Where do you see a claim of 1 g turn for these tires? I researched them three years and thirty thousand miles ago before I bought a set, and the same currently. I have never seen a claim of being able to pull 1 G with these tires. I've never felt in danger because of the BFG G-Force Super Sport All Seasons on my WS-6 (even driving the Blue Ridge Parkway at "cruising speeds" on my honeymoon). I admit that theyre no Eagle GS-C or Eagle F1 GSD-3's, but theyre have been very good as far as an all-season performance tire goes. I am picking up another set this comming week.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 03-20-2011 at 05:13 PM.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

I've had the Indy 500 tires on my last Fbody and they were great! I was gonna get them for my Camaro but they're next to impossible to find anymore since they stopped making them. Now I got Bridgestone Potenza on there and they're amazing! They make some nice smoke to! lol

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Where do you see a claim of 1 g turn for these tires? I researched them three years and thirty thousand miles ago before I bought a set, and the same currently. I have never seen a claim of being able to pull 1 G with these tires. I've never felt in danger because of the BFG G-Force Super Sport All Seasons on my WS-6 (even driving the Blue Ridge Parkway at "cruising speeds" on my honeymoon). I admit that theyre no Eagle GS-C or Eagle F1 GSD-3's, but theyre have been very good as far as an all-season performance tire goes. I am picking up another set this comming week.
    Here is the commercial

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRHJIMVKDg[/ame]

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Here is the commercial

Didnt see anywhere in there the name of the tire they pulled 1G on or the car used to make that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I have the BF goodrich G-force Sport tires. Crazy sticky.
    That's exactly what I run on my wifes 00 SS currently, had them on my Iroc years ago and loved em. I like the looks of them because they have more sidewall (section width) than other tires of the same advertized size. Fills out the rims better.

I also run BFG KDWS all weather tires on my 02 SS, no problems with those either.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Here is the commercial

Thats a generic BF Goodrich tire commercial. Also, if you look the edge of the tread, those aren't G-Force Super Sport A/S, theres not enough gapping of the side sipes for them to be. They weren't saying every tire they have is capable of holding one "G", just as much as CHevy wasn't really insisting that a Cavalier would pass a ZR-1 because the Cavalier had more cupholders. I think you read too much in that commercial.

Ya, BFG only claims to be the first manufacture to produce a street tire that pulls 1G, but I don't recall which line of BFG tire that does that.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by RealLiveMD View Post
    GSD3's saved my life with a blowout at 150 that was caused because I did 150 mph with a known nail in the tire. They only get about 20,000 miles and I drive the hell out of my car. I have also raced a car that I was neck and neck with on stock tires and I pulled a car and a half consistently out of the hole by changing to GSD3's. I would do a commercial for free.
    I had those tires, they were good for me as well. Now the F1 All season version, I'm not so happy with. These don't have near the off-the-line grip.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    I've had the Indy 500 tires on my last Fbody and they were great! I was gonna get them for my Camaro but they're next to impossible to find anymore since they stopped making them. Now I got Bridgestone Potenza on there and they're amazing! They make some nice smoke to! lol
    I have the Potenza Pole Position tires too. Very nice grip and they aren't bad in the snow either.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Firehawk wide ovals

I run the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval on mine and they seem very nice I will be buying these again rear only as I usually go through 2 sets of rear tires for 1 set of front.After that I really want to try Nitto's 555's
    Last edited by Durango; 03-22-2011 at 11:19 AM.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I run the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval on mine and they seem very nice I will be buying these again rear only as I usually go through 2 sets of rear tires for 1 set of front.After that I really want to try Nitto's 555's

You will not be disappointed with the 555
    Posted via Mobile Device

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Which potenza tires did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    There are a few variations. There are 555 and the 555r version. 555 have a big ole section in the cneter with no tread pattern for good grip, the R are what is pictured on page 1 with the V-shaped design. Gret tires all around.

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    You will not be disappointed with the 555
    Posted via Mobile Device
    +1111

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Here is the commercial

They would put them on an Evo.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Pirelli. P Zero's came stock on the Ferrari testarossa. I just saw that. Pretty interesting, course I would smoke it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information