Tire Letter Ques

This is a discussion on Tire Letter Ques within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; Have you guys ever heard of anyone somehow converting/painting the letters on thier tires (since most dont come with white ...

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Tire Letter Ques

Have you guys ever heard of anyone somehow converting/painting the letters on thier tires (since most dont come with white lettering). I know BF Goodrich offers a large variety of tirers with white lettering, but I Have Goodyear Eagle F1 Gs D3's.
    I talked to a guy who said he and his friends used to paint the letters on thier tires all the time, but It seems like the paint would chip and look cheap unless applied "perfectly" with an even stroke. I always liked the white tire look alot. Just wonderin if anyone has any info about this or not??

JR.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i drive a big rig, and white letter my tires all the time. what you do is go to a craft store ( i goto walmart) and get some paint markers in the colors u want. i did yellow a few times, but now stick to my white. just take your time and outline then fill in the letters wth the paint marker. dont be afraid or freak out if u accidently pop out of the letter and get paint where u dont want it. u can rub it off when it dries with your finger, or take a rag and wd40. your first coat will turn kinda yellowish tan, as it will instantly get soaked in the rubber. i usually do 3 coats, and talk about bright ass white. you can see them from a really far distance and look awesome...hope this helps ya...i was considering doing it to my maro too, but will do it to my next set of tires as these will be "retired" soon haha

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Dupli-color makes a paint kit specifically for this.
    http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html
    It can be found at walmart or any of the chain parts stores(ie. autozone,napa,advance)

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Hey does anyone have any pics of thier tires after using these duplicolor markers? Also I just went to Walmart and Meijer and neither have them, but the duplicolor website has Meijer and Walmart along with other stores, on thier list of duplicolor -"hot tires" sellers??? I dont wanna watse anymore gas goin from store to store does anyone know where they are sold -FOR SURE??

JR.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Smile Tire paint

Order it online!

Thread Information