Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Tire Advise needed...

I going to buy 2 rear tires here pretty soon. I have Goodyear F1's at the moment, but I am looking for something that will work good at the track and the street. I am leaning towards Nitto 555r but are there any others. I do drive this car every day so if it rains I will driving it as well. Car has 311hp at the wheels. Also plan on headers and exhaust early next year. Any advise is great, thanks!!

If you could post the size that would be ideal for 17" ws6 rims along with a price range that would be great.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

white
    2002 z28

best bet for you is 555r s , great DD, ok in rain

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

Dayton Daytona's are what I run on mine...Z rated...good price...check 'em out

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Nitto 555 extreme performance $699 for 4. Size-275/40/17

Black
    2001 Trans am 6sp.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    I going to buy 2 rear tires here pretty soon. I have Goodyear F1's at the moment, but I am looking for something that will work good at the track and the street. I am leaning towards Nitto 555r but are there any others. I do drive this car every day so if it rains I will driving it as well. Car has 311hp at the wheels. Also plan on headers and exhaust early next year. Any advise is great, thanks!!

If you could post the size that would be ideal for 17" ws6 rims along with a price range that would be great.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
    I drove with 555r's for rear tires about 8,000 miles of use. Absolutely loved them. At the track with about 450 hp at the wheels they hooked up very well, the trick is to heat them up big time! But keep in mind these are drag radials even though they do OK in the rain they start life out with 6/32nds of tread and with the sticky compound they only last 10-14,000 miles if half way babied. One more draw back on the road is because they are so sticky, they pick up everything on the road. Every pebble, every grain of sand, etc.
    which means sand blasting your wheel wells and quarter panel lips. I used a black decal material that matches my car to protect the lip on my wheel well openings with out being detected. Hope this helps.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Kuhmo MX should also be considered... much better in wet than the drag radials.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Thanks for the info.

Black
    2001 Trans am 6sp.

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Nitto 555 extreme performance $699 for 4. Size-275/40/17
    Here's a couple of steps better:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW...em200142750622
    This is an awesome deal with a great tire. Keep in mind too the seller is giving free shipping.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackbird View Post
    Here's a couple of steps better:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW...em200142750622
    This is an awesome deal with a great tire. Keep in mind too the seller is giving free shipping.
    ^ That is a GREAT deal IMO. Free shipping and a lil cheaper. I bought mine from the same place I bought my wheels from so they could mount them and balance them with sticky weights. Be sure to tell whoever mounts your tires to put the weights on the inside of the wheel because -believe it or not-their are dumbasses that will hammer a lead weight on the outside of a aluminum or chrome wheel in a second.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 WS-6 M6

Just call me gravedigger i know but hear me out i just recently got some nitto 555r drag radials 305/40/18 for my rears and there going on my DD which i drive a lot. winters here in OK and it defiantly gets below 32 here a lot so am i going to ruin my new DR by driving them and keeping them in the cold or will jus be a major PITA? Input plz newbie here trying to get informed?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    Just call me gravedigger i know but hear me out i just recently got some nitto 555r drag radials 305/40/18 for my rears and there going on my DD which i drive a lot. winters here in OK and it defiantly gets below 32 here a lot so am i going to ruin my new DR by driving them and keeping them in the cold or will jus be a major PITA? Input plz newbie here trying to get informed?
    I think they will be fine as long as there isn't ice or snow

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Smokaholik View Post
    will be fine if you aren't normal and keep the foot out.

Thread Information