Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Though I knew what I wanted???

This is a discussion on Though I knew what I wanted??? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the General Help category; fuck evos. they look like shit. boyds...

Modding is an Addiction bww3588's Avatar
    fuck evos. they look like shit. boyds

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by MAD
    Boyds

How much do they run and what sizes are you thinking?
    Not sure about how much $$$$ but I am getting 18*9.5 on all fours or 18*9.5 in frount and 18*10.5 in the rear.

BUt I am still very much split on what wheels to get??!!!!!!!!???

Decisions!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!

They haven't been a favoraite... but I am still also looking at the C6 vette wheels. They are one of the few wheels avable in wide widths and the correct off set.

I think the boyds may be abvable in such off sets and widths. But the evos are not:<(I like the Evos but I think they are pretty much out due to that.

adude
    I just got C6s for the SS about 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to get the 9 inch and susp. done so I can see them on the car. 18x9.5 up front 19x10 out back. EVOs are pretty cool but the size thing is a drag. BOYDs = yuk I have only seen a couple of his wheels that do anything for me. Billet Billet Billet But I have seen some of his projects up close and they are some of the most awesome vehicles I have ever seen as far as design and finish go. So I guess put me down for C6s. I think exposing a set of nicely detailed brakes is what really makes em pop. I like stuff that not only looks cool but looks functional, like the design has an engineering etiology. Plus ya gotta love stuff from The General. By the way where do you live in Erie? Your pics almost look like the house I used to own on Orchard Drive in Fairview about 20 years ago. LMK,>>>Dan

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

Glad to see at least 1 vote for the C6's. I'm still leaning toward them dispite the poll. (Sorry Guys.)

Btw.... I like that exposed crossed drilled rotor look as well. Looks like they could stop on a dime!!!!!!!

The house in the pic is actually a neighbors(Actually it is his garage.)..... but I don't think it was you old house..... I'm way north of you. Nashville, TN!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I just re-read this.... You are saying Orchard Drive in Fairview.... in TN correct??? Even if so... still not. We are in south Nashville but to the other side I65 fairly close to Brentwood area.
    Last edited by wabmorgan; 03-23-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Blue

boyds!!!!!!
    i just went through the same thing. its almost like u have to stay off the net and just order...there are so many nice rims out there, and it makes it hard to choose. i appreciate those who post with pics, as it makes the decision easier.
    i settled on the boyds on my car. they will be here next week.
    good luck...u cant go wron geither way.

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

I know what you mean!!!! There are a lot of choices. If the damn Fiskies weren't so expensive..... I thiink I know what I would be getting!!!!!!!!

adude
    Dude this is wierd. I swear that when I was reading your posts yesterday that your location showed Erie, Pa. I must be losing it. Oh well, just thought I would mention an ad for wheel & tire packages I saw in Chevy High Performance on page 27 of the new May issue, which by the way is loaded with LSx engine, Camaro (the new one too), and vette info this month. It's got some info on some of the wheels we are yakking about, and as I mentioned the polished Boyd's are getting pretty close to twice the price of the chrome 07 Z06's. That might help your decision making process a lot. The web address is www.musclecarsusa.com . They offer free shipping and several other freebies on many of their packages. What ever you choose make sure come back and show us. See ya later,>>>Dan

kthmc33

RED
    00 WS6

boyds

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I don't like the look of the C6's on F-body's. They just look out of place. I don't have a preference out of the others ones.

Artic White
    96 Formula Firebird

Yesh.... there seem to be a lot of people that don't like them... and some that do. Seems either side is really vocal about it to.

The main thing I like about them is they show off brakes really good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information