Thread: Stock PSI

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

Stock PSI

Whats the stock PSI for the 275 17" stock tires? I read on the door panel 30psi, seems a little low?

hugger orange

to be sure look on your tire's sidewall to get the correct psi...ford broncos had lots of problems because they recomended a lower pressure than what the tire actually needed so they would get hot, blow out and caused accidents.

Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

anyone have any feedback as to what they drive with daily?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I ride at the factory recommended 30psi with the 275s. a normal car tire pressure is 30 to 32 psi.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

My door panel says 30psi as well. My owners manual goes on to say that for speeds over 100mph to use the max psi on the side wall of the tire or 38psi which every is lower. I run 36psi in my tires. We have a pretty tall ceiling on our interstate.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    to be sure look on your tire's sidewall to get the correct psi...ford broncos had lots of problems because they recomended a lower pressure than what the tire actually needed so they would get hot, blow out and caused accidents.
    the pressure on the sidewall may not be the correct pressure for the vehicle. the tire can fit any vehicle. if the tire is the same size as what's on the door placard, along with correct speed rating and ability to go to that pressure, you use that pressure.

the whole ford explorer issue is a totally different matter. the pressure was correct for the vehicle. the main problem is when people just get in their vehicle and drive it until the wheels fall off. they never check tire pressure and all the basics. then they want to blame the manufacturers for their lack of maintenance. the explorer is a bit unique in the fact it seemed to be the right rear always letting go. that would tend to lead into the vehicle being at fault and not the tire.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information